This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Clan War Detailed Results Ready
Paranor
posted May 21, 2002 01:27 AM            
http://www.karllois.com/treadmarks/ClanWarResults.htm

IP:

posted May 21, 2002 01:40 AM            
Irascible...congrats are due...great scoring. And is that Paranor doing the tank standing up on end.... just too much fun. And matrix...what set you off in the last game... I mean look at your tank name...LOL

IP:

coaxs
posted May 21, 2002 01:49 AM            
one correction

for Game #1. DOG had 45 frags and came in 3rd for that match see http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/cw.html for more details

::snickers at Paranor:: hehe someone compiled that from my site without checking their own pics

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted May 21, 2002 02:42 AM            
Thanks, but it didn't do us much good. Game 3 was 9 players to 4. Game 2 was 10 to 5. Game one 10 to 7 - but two of the players on our team in game one were AOD and Kev and I both missed significant portions of that round. Do I sound like I'm whining? Good. Waahhhhhhhhh.

I'm not going to run all the numbers I did last time. Maybe others already have. But just counting frags and deaths for all 3 games:
DNX frags 297 deaths 307 net -10
BWL frags 201 deaths 195 net +6
So there. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
But I'm not bitter.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 21, 2002 07:14 AM            
Had it been kills minus deaths Ras, youre quite right BWL would have won beause as you rightly stated "more targets".

The tourney next week is scored as:

Stock 2 TEAM DM - Kills - Deaths
Mod DM Server - Kills - Deaths
Storm Racer Server - Points for 1st 2nd 3rd Places.

So if you all show like we did here, I think BWL has an EXCELLENT chance of winning

IP:

Irascible
posted May 21, 2002 10:41 AM            
The other way to look at it:
With the extreme numerical advantage DNX should have routinely been double teaming against other players. Just try going solo against two players and tell me who has (or should have) the better kill minus death ratio. Either that, or I'm constructing a scenario that suits my needs at the moment. Either way, it works for me.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 21, 2002 10:59 AM            
Not realy, a lot of us inc me were gatting lots of lag turning what would normally be a smooth game into a slideshow. I myself got what appeared to be 3 frags and it was not registered. There was also a fair deal of friendly fire - always will be in such packed arena's.

Your score is testement to your game skills, but some of us only have only 56k connections and simply did what we could - i among others crashed 3 or more times in the first 2 games as well leaving me only the 3rd game as a stable one i saw to the end. My point ? Frags are kept by the opposing team while the player disconnects/reconnencts loosing their frag count.

Either way it was fun and lets do it again soon.

IP:

Irascible
posted May 21, 2002 11:22 AM            
(btw, this is entirely friendly on my part, don't let my screen name fool you )

The slideshow was server side I think. I've got a cable modem but still got the "tank stops in mid air and disappears" thing from time to time. Plus, crashing may remove your frags but doesn't affect the ratio of kills to deaths. In other words, DNX could have kept a positve ratio with one frag or one thousand.

[childish remark]But they didn't!!! So there!!! :P :P :P :P [/childish remark]

IP:

coaxs
posted May 21, 2002 12:47 PM            
Irascible your frags-deaths = +34

So whether it was BWL was more skilled in general or had one very skilled player is debatable. Because with out you BWL would have had -28. Just to let you know.
But I'm not bitter

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited May 21, 2002).]

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted May 21, 2002 02:17 PM            
I Would like to point out that most of the dog clan are based in europe and so cannot play at that time otherwise we would have won. What do you think> : )

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 21, 2002 02:50 PM            
I have to say that we didn't outnumber everyone by that much.I think that DNX just practiced ofr this alot and we went into it with a gameplan.Instread of just saying here is the time and date,try to show.Of course I can give our gameplan away because it worked really well True team playing going on there.
I'd like for all of the clans to practice on a non-public server a few times before the next one.It really does help a lot.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 21, 2002 04:33 PM            
** This is a really friendly comment and certainly no offence is meant in any way toward BWL or Ira **

But you got your 400 pound overweight butt (10 less than mine btw lol) kicked into next week !!!! accept it - carry on, stop analysing and loose the talc unless your booty is still as sore as a baby's a$$ after 9 months of hemeroid treatments

Just dont find 9 cruises in a row or 17 shadows just floating round and we'll get along just fine lol....

That said cant wait to see Kevlars blooper of my tank sat in mid air with all the action going on around me Bwhahahahaha !

I Got Caught on Candid Camera !!!!

btw: my personal score was about - 9 kills and 12 deaths ! over the 3 games lol a grand total of a well analysed -3 thats a single point drop for each game.

If yall BWL dudes drag yer asses off the couch away from the football ya may have stood a chance - you were missing some key players.....

DNX on the other hand had 4 additional players trying to get on the server but were timing out due to it being FULL - BWhahahaha

Can you imagine that !!!! 16 DNX kicking your A$$ - man thats gotta hurt - vasaline anyone

IP:

Irascible
posted May 21, 2002 09:14 PM            
"I have to say that we didn't outnumber everyone by that much.

DNX averaged 9.3 players per game.
BWL averaged 4.7 players per game.
But I'm not bitter.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 21, 2002 09:38 PM            
LMAO

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted May 21, 2002 09:47 PM            
What next Ira? Stats my tank type and color?

hehe

IP:

ARAGON
posted May 21, 2002 09:48 PM            
Bitter beer face!!!

Yes, I know this has no relevance to this thread!

IP:

coaxs
posted May 21, 2002 10:32 PM            
Ras: Notice how you avoid my comment. But I'm not bitter

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 21, 2002 10:33 PM            
Ye know what?!?! DNX had sweet fa turning up to clan battles before right??
I mean the regulars were there but it was about 5-6 people to 8-9 BWL..you guys have a good regular turnout but recently DNX has had a recruiting BOOM!!! So give credit where credit is due!

We recruit... we recruit players who turn up and who are pretty dam decent too!

DNX had a good turnout and I presume will have a god turnout at the next clan war also so it's up to every OTHER clan toorganise and take it seriously if they want their scores taken seriously!

------------------
The Ahn-NI-hilator

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted May 21, 2002 10:35 PM            
NI is Drunk

no reely lol

IP:

Irascible
posted May 21, 2002 11:44 PM            
-

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited May 21, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted May 21, 2002 11:45 PM            
Ni,
I wasn't denying DNX any credit. DNX WON!!! Woohoo!!! Better?
I was simply relieving my depression by taking solice in the fact that BWL had a better kill death ratio. Yes, I know. I need to get a life. Anyway, as far as past history and turn out goes, take a look here . About 13 posts down I looked at the numbers in that war too. DNX won this one with lots of players. BWL got the prior one with even numbers compared to DNX. LWA got the one before that with lots of players. The rest was before my time. So you can see that from my perspective BWL has never won with numbers. And winning one out of the last three doesn't even make us dominant... anymore... hehe.

Coax,
I didn't respond to your comment because I make it a policy not to respond to or only down play anything that remotely sounds like a compliment. A little bravado during game play is one thing. But I don't want to make it permanent by posting or even replying to it here. Though that's not to say that you had any intention of it being a compliment.
Besides, isn't a clan war all about TEAM effort? There is no "I"rascible in "team". If you want to use that sort of thinking, then there's probably been several clan wars that would have had different results if it were not for the efforts of one player. And we don't want to get that anal about it. Do we?

Tiggs,
You know that scene in The Matrix where an agent has Neo in a choke hold on the subway tracks? The agent refers to him as Mr. Anderson. And right before jumping out of the way of the oncoming train Neo says "My name is NEO!".
Well.... my (nick)name is RAS!!!
Tell him Supe (I got Supe trained real good now. Of course, since I said that he'll no doubt return to his old ways just to spite me ).

Check out my new sig.

------------------

But I'm not bitter.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited May 21, 2002).]

IP:

coaxs
posted May 22, 2002 12:09 AM            
Ras, you inferred that BWL had more skill based on frags - deaths. You now say you took solice in that. I only wished to give you a better perspective on that value.

You said it was a team effort, but your the reason the team got into positive values. Its fair to look at individuals in a team, its done in many competitive sports. Sorry for yanking your chain, you just get so flustered I have to sit back and smile.

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited May 22, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted May 22, 2002 12:13 AM            
TY, I got that. I was trying to move the conversatioin away from that point. But nooooooooo.
BTW, BWL as a whole DID have better skill. :P :P :P :P

TY, I saw the edit too. LOL! This is almost like chat. Why don't you turn on your ICQ and we can avoid the public conversation. Hehe.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited May 22, 2002).]

IP:

coaxs
posted May 22, 2002 12:14 AM            
editied some stuff. I saw you posted during editing.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited May 22, 2002).]

IP:

coaxs
posted May 22, 2002 12:17 AM            
They had better skill on average not on median, or do I have to whip out the calculator again.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2