|
Author Topic:   Problem playing the Demo version
iidkyimys
posted May 18, 2002 10:04 PM            
OK, I downloaded the demo version on a friends recommendation. The install went fine and everything works great until I click on Start New Game, or whatever it is.
Once I do that, the screen goes black and I get no response at all from anything. I end up having to reset the machine.
My specs:
PIII 933, 512 MB pc133 RAM, Matrox g400 AGP4x with the latest Windows certified drivers. I also tried loading the GL Drivers as recommended on the TM webpage. That didn't help either. I have set all the options to the defaults as well.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so what is the fix. It looks like a fun game and my friend enjoys it> But if I can't even get the demo to work, why would I get the full version.
Thanks for any help.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 18, 2002 11:00 PM            
Did you go to the server that said demo?Sounds lke you tried to enter a game for full version only.When you click multiplayer refresh the list and find the server named Paranor's Demo Server.

IP:

iidkyimys
posted May 19, 2002 12:09 AM            
Thanks for the reply, but I tried what you recommended and it didn't help. It doesn't matter if it's multi or single player, race or battle, windowed or full screen. Once I click on race or battle it goes to a black screen and freezes. I've given it twenty minutes and still nothing.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 19, 2002 12:20 AM            
What version of windows are you using?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 19, 2002 12:37 AM            
ill put good money on it being "Me"

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 19, 2002 03:44 AM            
Sorry I have 98se.Stick around and I'm sure someone will help you out.We do have players that run it on Me

IP:

iidkyimys
posted May 19, 2002 04:29 AM            
I'm running W98SE with all of the patches and updates. IE5.5 SP2, DX 8.1a etc.

IP:

Vlad
posted May 19, 2002 08:58 AM            
Try running OpenGL and seeing what drivers it points you to.

If that fails, try using Metabyte's WickedGL drivers. I had to use those when I was on my Voodoo3, but they worked like a charm.

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 20, 2002 07:29 AM         
Driver version 5.52.015 is said to work.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited May 20, 2002).]

IP: