|
Author Topic:   Update to TeamCTF
KiLlEr
posted May 18, 2002 12:07 AM            
My appologizes!!!

When I zipped up the original release, I missed a file for the Sturmfuer which prevented it from firing. THe bug fix is on the TeamCTF website. There are update files for the server and a seperate one for the client. I also reposted the main client zip with the fixed files. The server main file does NOT have the patch yet.

http://boomstickjoes.vze.com/TeamCTF/

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 18, 2002 12:20 PM            
OKay, I've updated the TeamCTF server main zip file with the sturmfuer patch.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted May 18, 2002 12:39 PM            
beast, imgona get it now

IP:

MexIndian
posted May 20, 2002 01:05 PM            
Yo, you looking for Feedback?

If so, by open thread or email?

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 24, 2002 05:49 PM            
I'm back, and now I'm all Tanned and relaxed!

EMail is good, a thread is good as well.
A thread would prolly get everyone taling bout it, so that might be better

IP:

MexIndian
posted May 28, 2002 02:01 PM            
K.
Firstly game is awsome, but some potential fixes:

Smaller map! That friggin beast is huge! Maybe with all players it would be the right size tho....

More missiles less lasers.

Each base different : IE only one "City" or different "Cities", but it's confusing like it is.

That's all for now. Whaddyathink?

------------------

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 28, 2002 04:08 PM            
More missles?

No prob, I have 3 or 4 tanks that I didn't finish because I though it was too heavy on the missles. I also have a couple of AC toting light tanks that I dropped early on. So definitly look for some more tanks. I just want ot make sure people like the idea behind the mod and that people play(haven't seen that many on my server though).

As far as the map goes. I did learn a few things while building it (as always . I think I might modify it for a 6 team CTF as it is plenty big for that. I do plan to make a normal sized city map. A REAL city map, on packed to the gills with buildings (now that I have a nice catalog of buildings, don't have to build that much more) and moving traffic (now won't that be interesting? maybe borrow BZP's Jeep? muwahahahahh!) set up as a 2 team DM. I might even add a couple of hidden goodies.

I would however like some help with modelling and texture mapping, since what I want to do would take forever to build by myself. i.e. Quantity over Quality, which is why the skins don't look as good as they could have.

What do you think about this?

Any takers? I would love to have BZP help build the cars and tanks since he's gotten real good.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited May 28, 2002).]

IP:

MexIndian
posted May 29, 2002 07:04 PM            
I can help you make easy meshes, but I'm not so good with intricate ones yet. Also can help with some textures if you want.

------------------

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 29, 2002 07:45 PM            
Helping with texturemaps would be perfect as I'm not that apt at it. Give me a few days until I get a couple of models together for you to texture and I'll contact you via EMail.

Note: I have pulled out 9 more tanks. 5 are missle based, the rest are AC based. I will also be creating more buildings for the city map. Hope you have free time!

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited May 29, 2002).]

IP: