|
Author Topic:   B5 in tm from the start ???
=DNX= Matrix
posted May 10, 2002 08:29 PM            
grabbed this from:
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/katenn/katenn/Know.htm

JMS wanted to name Season Three "I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds" but fans did not believe that I Am Become Death was grammatically correct. JMS responded that I Am Become is perfectly acceptable although archaic and is also in Tennyson's Ulysses. He finally settled on Point of No Return.

Interesting - no, it says that when you get the SHADOW weapon does it not

IP:

Irascible
posted May 10, 2002 11:21 PM            
It is indeed said when you get the shadow. Thanks to your post I read Ulysses for the first time. Thanks a lot jerk!!! Now my head is swimming in excessively deep thought. It can be interpreted in way too many ways by the ivory tower types. I couldn't actually find the quote you mentioned in Ulysses. It would appear that it originally came out of the Hindu text Bhagavad-Gita in describing Shiva the Destroyer :
quote:
If the radiance of a thousand suns
Were to burst at once into the sky
That would be like the splendor of the Mighty one...
I am become Death,
The shatterer of Worlds.
Man, I love that kind of stuff!!! Of course, it don't sound so intimidating when you hear it sung in the Hindu language in this Real Player download. Anywho, I love this kind of stuff because it's so apocalyptic and dark. It seems a better known use of the quote is when J. Robert Oppenheimer was taking in the awesome destruction of the atomic bomb.

Thanks for reading and (voice of Apu ): "Thank You! Come again!" <<<---CLICK THIS LINK!!!

(For some reason I was possessed to try my hand at hyperlinking. What a pain in the butt!!! It's no wonder people pay you to do it for them Matrix.)

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited May 11, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 11, 2002 06:39 AM            
:P

Ok so lets see the other half of the story in as much detail, I dare ya.

J.M.Strazinski based his shadow creatures on JJR Toliens Lord of the Rings. If you check out the film and book you will find that the Shadow Creature lurking below the Dwarf Mines is from a place called Za'Da'Hum - interesting twist on the word huh

In the film the sory comes from gandalf as they are being attacked by millions of those awful golum type creatures.

Interestingly enough the golum is a walker in bz and a mod weapon that raises land walls in TM lol.

IP:

Teulk
posted May 13, 2002 06:13 PM            
Way to go Ras...nothing like the search for tomorrow...but I enjoyed every link for all it's worth...

IP:

Irascible
posted May 13, 2002 08:31 PM            
Indeed. Though don't let my links give the wrong impression. It's purely an intellectual fascination. As far as the search for tomorrow goes, I've found it. He goes by the initials J.C.

IP:

Teulk
posted May 13, 2002 09:42 PM            
As long as it helps...

IP: