|
Author Topic:   NO RANKED DDM? POLL
Paranor
posted May 10, 2002 02:11 PM            
Shoot, when I made that schedule I forgot about holidays. Yes or no - should we have a ranked DDM this sunday since most of us are guys and *cough* should be doing something with their mothers?

IP:

wolfman
posted May 10, 2002 02:26 PM            
Non Ranked to Honor Mother's Day

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 10, 2002 02:58 PM            
Yes...we did it on Easter and I think it went ok.I usually take my mom out to lunch some place nice and thats it

IP:

Irascible
posted May 10, 2002 03:16 PM            
(voice of Clinton)

Not ranked... for the children.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 10, 2002 05:08 PM            
wot about a euro ranked one or something?? Cos we've had our mothers' day in uk!

------------------
The Ahn-NI-hilator

IP:

Paranor
posted May 10, 2002 06:05 PM            
is euro even ranked? coax, are you getting euro stuff?

ras, you are Mr. Witt.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 10, 2002 06:51 PM            
Euro will be ranked when someone sends me the pics

That's all it'll take.

IP:

Paranor
posted May 11, 2002 07:44 PM            
Well, based on the posts, it won't be ranked.

IP:

Irascible
posted May 11, 2002 08:10 PM            
Woohoo! That's democracy in action. What's funny is it happended on the basis of three votes. And as I'm writing this you just know there's someone out there lamenting the outcome who didn't vote, saying, "I'm just one person, my vote wouldn't have made any difference."

IP:

King John 1st
posted May 11, 2002 08:32 PM            
I did start to grab screenshots from the Euro DDM's but all the progs I used would freeze me up or drop from the game, so I lost more of them than I captured . The idea of the F12 screen grab sounds good but I can't remember which file to put in, it doesn't work in the file mentioned .
As the Euro DDM's very between 1 up to 12 so far I think, be prepared to get a low turnout score of 1 at some time, and when Ras doesn't show even I stand a chance .

IP:

King John 1st
posted May 11, 2002 08:50 PM            
Ooops, yes it does, I have the game in a different place than the one mentioned, but it takes hundreds and hundreds of 'em a second even tho it's FPS=1, but it works a treat.

IP:

Paranor
posted May 11, 2002 10:19 PM            
go to www.snagit.com

i use that

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted May 13, 2002 02:34 AM            
I'm glad that you all decided not to rank this one. Not that I will be all that high in the ranks, but I would at least like to participate.
All in all, Sunday evenings at 7pm US Central Time are NOT a good time for me. All too often, Real Life gets in the way of my being able to play. If it's not a holiday, it is something. With Daylight Savings time in effect, it is still plenty light here, too. A little early to knock off and come in when the lawn has to be mowed, car tuned up, etc.
Today, my dad took the whole extended family out to dinner for Mother's Day. Very nice, but, of course, the restaurant was all the way down in Dallas, and there was no way we were going to get back in time for me to make the DDM. I was smoldering the whole way back, knowing that the DDM was in progress, and I was missing it. I was thinking up this huge post I was going to write to vent my frustration.
So I move that in the future, we don't schedule important events on holidays. It's hard enough to get here as it is.
Thanks,
[BWL]mELON cRACKER

IP: