This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Nominations thus far for fellow Administrators
coax
Administrator
posted May 09, 2002 11:17 PM            
With TM2 coming down the line and the hopeful influx of players it will generate. I really will need fellow administrators to help me out with all the work. As is now, I read every single post that anyone types anywhere on the LDA board. It would be nice to circulate these duties and to help make other desicions. Thus far Sailor, Superunknown, A2597, and kv have been nominated to me to help me monitor the bboard. This is an open thread so that more people can be nominated, so please feel free to nominate others or yourself. This by no means is any special privlege but a lot of hard work so think hard before nominating someone or yourself. The window for nominations will run 24 hours starting now.

I've been thinking on how to have this election. What I've come up with is this. I will make a new thread for the vote. Voting will be private or public; meaning you can vote for any 2 people of your choice on the thread or you can send me a private e-mail and I will update the tally to reflect your choice. If anyone is uncomfortable with me knowing how you vote, you can send an e-mail to Kevlar telling him who you want to vote for, and he will send me the final results near the end of the election and a list of names that voted through his booth box so that I can check that no one double voted. All private votes are required to be received through the e-mail address listed in your profile to make sure everything is legit. This was the best idea of how to do it that I could think of and if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

This is assuming Kevlar is willing to help me out with the election, I haven't actually asked him for his help yet. Kevlar isn't on the list since he's already declined twice.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 10, 2002 12:17 AM            
Coax: How many does LDA actually want? And how much do you just want to pass on to others

PS - I know how much work it is...remember I was a admin here for 3 months...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 10, 2002 12:26 AM            
LDA hasn't informed me. I assume they will see the vote and decide on their own if they want more administrators. If they want to keep it just me thats fine. But, extra help would be appreciated. I didn't think I had to run the vote idea pass them since it's their decision in the end.

I guess I should of said my plan. Proposed schedule: 1 day nominations, 2days vote, ask LDA if they will ratify the vote. I will contact Jim now to see if he minds if we vote. I suggest we continue as normal. I'll inform you all what he says.

mail sent

[This message has been edited by coax (edited May 10, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted May 10, 2002 01:28 AM            
quote:
If they want to keep it just me thats fine.

You're entirely too freaking nice! It should be more like "If I don't get help I quit!".
Anyway, Supe is a good choice because he frequents the board often and probably reads almost every post anyway. Is there anyone else who visits and reads the board as often? I nominate that person.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited May 10, 2002).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 10, 2002 05:28 AM            
hmmm... maybe it's an idea to contact them first and say you're looking for extra help! see what they say before getting the numbers!

Those sound good options! I persoanlly would've recommended Guido to agree with ras.. :P!

------------------
The Ahn-NI-hilator

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 10, 2002 10:35 AM            
ok seriously! Supe's the most likely candidate! he has had previous experience too!

------------------
The Ahn-NI-hilator

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 10, 2002 12:48 PM            
Still waiting for a response, I guess we'll put this on hold until LDA gets back to me.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 10, 2002 02:52 PM            
Awww...you guys are making me blush

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 10, 2002 06:40 PM            
Coax, I would be glad to help with the voting process.

I just don't have the spare time to tend the boards as would be needed. I think Supe would do (and has done) an excellent job. If more are needed, I believe Sailor would be a good 2nd choice too.

I do spend a lot of time on the boards and I try to provide help and feedback whenever I can, but to be an Admin you really need to watch all threads carefully. I usually make a pass thru the boards and then hit the Story Board on the way out, that's sort of my routine.

IP:

JeepChick
posted May 11, 2002 08:09 AM            
OMG, I love the story board!!!!

JC

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 12, 2002 01:41 AM            
Jim has given the green light to go ahead and choose 2 more Administrators.

To nominate yourself or someone else, post it here or send me an e-mail or ICQ message. All nominees will have a chance to say why people should vote for them in the "voting" thread that has not been made yet.

I think 36 hours should be long enough for the nomination process starting now.

RC: I know you know how much work it is, but you were getting paid.

[This message has been edited by coax (edited May 12, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 12, 2002 01:57 AM            
*Sticks out Chest*

Told ya so !

------------------

code:

.---. .-----------
/ \ __ / ------
/ / \( )/ ----- -=[ X C L A N ]=-
////// ' \/ ` ---
//// / // : : --- DEATHMATCH FEDERATION
// / / /` '--
// //..\\
=============UU====UU==== (`..(( WWW. DNXWORLD .COM ))..)
'//| |\\`
''``
_____ ____ ___ ____ __ _______ ___ __ ___ ___
__ / ___/_ _/\ / |/_ | / /\ /_ __ \ /_ | / /\ | |/ /\ __
/ /\ / /\\\ / /\\ / /| |\/ / /\ \/ /\ / /\ / / /\ > < \ / /\
\\\ / /____/ /___ / ___ |/ /| /\ / /__/ /\ / /| /\ / - |\ \\\
\____/______//_/\ |_|_/ |_/\ /______-\ /_/\|_/\ /__/\/__/
\\\\\ \\\\\\ \\ \\\\ \\ \\\\\\\\ \\\ \\ \\\\ \\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 12, 2002 02:51 PM            
The elections will be starting in 24 hours or so, so I suggest to all the nominees and future nominees to start working on their paragraphs for why people should vote you for Admin. Window is still open for nominations. Kinda surprised that not many people are interested, oh-well it is a lot of work.

Nominees so far

• SuperUnknown
  • Sailor
  • A2597
  • kv
  • Moriarty
  • Random Chaos
  • Kaeto

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 12, 2002 03:59 PM            
First of all coax do you still plan on being the main Admin?I don't think anyone was asking for you to leave.I just want to be 100%.And I'm still unsure to what the Admin power is totally.Is it just a plain old moderator?
Why do I feel like I'm running for political office? Its not really that big of a deal.First of all I think everyone knows me nd that I like to be fair.Second I play TM everyday and read the forums at least 2 times a day which I think would be important for a moderator.
I'd basically just be ready to react if something bad happened here and coax wasn't availible.Some people might ask why we need 3 but I just think ahead to TM2 and what it could bring here with it.Plus its just a convienence to get ahold of one of us if something needed to be done here.I basically would just like to help coax out when needed since he is volunteering his time.

IP:

kv
posted May 12, 2002 04:22 PM            
heh, have to agree with super, feels like i'm running for a political office, ah well.

ok.. um... yeah.. I'm here a few times a day, one of the first sites I go to in the morning, one of the last in the evening. I doubt I would really ever have to exercise any of the moderating abilities. I know that this community is usually nice and keeps things clean. But when that isn't the case, I would seek to remove the offending material as quickly as possible.

I have no allegiance to anyone. All members will be treated fairly and I would probably only warn the offender about their post and just edit it to clean it up (if that was possible).

I just want this community to remain fun and wouldn't tolerate anyone trying to ruin that.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted May 12, 2002 05:07 PM            
i vote , supe, sailor

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 12, 2002 05:31 PM         
I would suggest giving admin rights to a totally trustworthy, but largely inactive person with a long history on this board such as Moriarty or Kaeto (or RC, yes, but he'd want to be paid again, right?). Might be a good way to decrease the level of personal involvement of admin people.
I nominate:

-Moriarty
-Kaeto
-Random Chaos

Coax has asked me whether I would be interested, too, but I feel I wouldn't be up to the task.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 12, 2002 05:49 PM            
I like Dreamer's idea. It has a lot of merit, but would require them to become more active on the BB. All in favor say AYE. AYE.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 12, 2002 07:54 PM            
Who?Santa Claus? Why did RC quit?I don't know those guys but they would have to check the board more than once a year.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 12, 2002 08:16 PM            
Bur sailor, if they had to become more active to do the job, doesnt that negate what dreamer said about trustworthy peeps who are inactive ???

IP:

kv
posted May 12, 2002 08:25 PM            
? just because someone hasn't been here for an extended period of time, that means they can't be trusted?

I recognise all three of those names, but only RC has posted recently (to my knowledge). I would be more trusting of someone who has been here a short time and posts rather than someone who dosen't talk, no matter how long they have been here.

IP:

Mystique
posted May 12, 2002 08:35 PM         
Just because someone does not post on a regular basis does not mean they do not read the board. This board has been here for a long time before any of us first logged on.

There are alot of people who no longer play Treadmarks, yet still read the bulletin board on a daily basis. Let us call them "The First Ones".

All of you are the younger races, who need guidance. tee hee!

We already know that superunknown is going to be one of the assistants.(the fix is in)

Hmmm, Who will be the other?

SAGE

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 12, 2002 08:42 PM            
Just added Moriarty, Kaeto, Random Chaos to the list. Although, I think Moriarty was on the board before my time, and I've been here for awhile

My personal preference would to have Admins who are active in the TM community. Since the main problem being an Admin is actually reading through all the post. Just my preference but everyone can vote who they want to.

Plus, I thought the point was to help me out on the bboard, if we had it that way I would still probally be doing most of the work

Super: I'd rather all the Admins be a 100% equal. Also, the main duty of the Admin is just to read through every post and be on call when the community asks. The Admins can rotate each week and will be in charge of reading all new post that week and to be on ICQ for longer amounts of time since they are sort of the "Admin on Duty" for that week. Of course contacting any of the 3 Admins is fine but you would have a better chance of getting a responce from the "Admin on Duty". I've been on call for a long time now, and fear burning out. I also feel really guilty if I'm not alwasy checking the board, like I'm neglecting my duty.

p.s. I'm sorry if this all sounds to political its a bit to political for my taste too. But, this is the most fair way I could think of.

IP:

kv
posted May 12, 2002 08:49 PM            
quote:
Plus, I thought the point was to help me out on the bboard, if we had it that way I would still probally be doing most of the work

that is exactly why I placed my own name in as a canidate. I have time to do this, and would like to see this board remain friendly.

i've personally seen more board communities fall apart than I care to think about. I would like to see this one survive.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 12, 2002 09:28 PM            
Good for you kv. That is an admirable goal and one we should all aspire too. I want to see this board, game, and community survive - it is one of the best I have been around. Sorry for the duplicate. Coax you can delete the first post of this if you like. Accidental duplication.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited May 12, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited May 12, 2002).]

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2