|
Author Topic:   Display of all tanks for TM...
BamZipPow
posted May 09, 2002 04:10 PM            
Has anyone thought of making a picture page and a quick description for all the tanks that are available for TM including the stock ones and various skins? I know we have one for the user maps and some for the user made weapons but really nothing for the standard/user tanks/weapons

It could really be helpful for anyone browsing the sites to see what TM has to offer. Just looking at Matrix's display of BZ tanks can get you to start drooling... Even doing a browser search for tanks could bring new folks in. We could even do the same for ALL the weapons, too. It might not seem like much but it's all about marketing and letting people see what's in the product.

Just a thought...

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 09, 2002 04:29 PM            
That's actually a good idea.

I always made most of the TM-Central pages basic and simple to make it extremely easy to update since it has huge amounts of content.

Most of my pages are text description and downloads, only the new mods area is heavy graphic but I have recently stopped updating it til I can redo it a little, to smaller thumbnails. It chokes dialups.

I have very small movie files that show all the stock weapons floating in the air. I would like to do the same for modded ones. (But there are only about 120 modded weapons). Maybe have a link next to the weapon called video preview. Along with its thumbnail.

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 09, 2002 04:55 PM         
I wonder whether anyone would care to write good descriptions including the most important entity values for all stock tanks...

AFAIR RC used to have such a list on his site back in the old days when TM had a working community. Recent development makes me doubt whether I should keep working on that second version of TMapper.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 09, 2002 05:12 PM            
Bam: It sounds like a great idea, I would suggest working together since it's a lot of work for one person alone.

Dreamer: Please continue to make TMapper, the first version has already had such a wonderful impact for Tread Marks. I consider the recent event as aberrations and in no way reflects the community on any average day. The tank ents should be in the EEK?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 09, 2002 10:38 PM            
I'm currently making a website now and I planned to include models and descriptions of weapons and some of the most used tanks.Whether it gets done or not is another thing

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 09, 2002 10:56 PM            
Dreamer,

I'm already making a matrix of all the various parameters of the various ents (tanks, weapons) in my quest to understand TM a bit better. I'm doing this as a way to maybe balance some of the various attributes of the tanks/weapons for size, armor, speed, acceleration, height, width, mass, etc. Maybe I might be able to include some comparison graphs.

Also, I like using TMapper very much and want you to continue to support it.

Super,

As soon as I get my info together, I'll ship them over to you for to put on your site. I'm going to try to dink around and see the best way of capturing a picture of the tanks.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 10, 2002 03:14 AM            
This is something cool that could work for us.
http://ghoul.flipcode.com/bw/cars/allcars.htm

It's done in Shockwave...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 10, 2002 03:28 AM            
We my idea was to take screens of each wepaon and some tanks as a .gif then I was going to convert that gif you swf and add some effects.I wasn't planning on doing anything like 3d models..don't even know how.

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 10, 2002 05:15 AM         
I was in fact thinking VRML again.

IP:

JVortex
posted May 10, 2002 02:31 PM            
3D is so the way to go

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 10, 2002 02:56 PM            
I do know how to view a 3d model with the lwo files or whatever its called but the 3d model has no skin.If someone thinks they can apply the skin I'd be happy to put the models up and write a decription,pros and cons.As I said before I am NOT a artist.I've opened up photoshop like 5 times in my life

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 10, 2002 04:05 PM            
Super,

We could start with the snapshots and eventually move up to the 3D stuff. Just need to get it started...

I remember Dreamer's site had a 3D view with VRML...that was really cool!

Looks like there is a Shockwave 3D plugin for Maya.

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 10, 2002 07:05 PM         
Just get those descriptions done - that's what I cannot spare the time for.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 10, 2002 10:52 PM            
Sounds like some people know more than me about it so someone can help Dreamer out and I'll host it in the end.Put it all together.Thats what I was planning on being the theme for it...a place for newbies or potential players to go.Right now I'm spending most of my time making a website for the place I work at.

IP: