|
Author Topic:   I would like to nominate an other Administrator if I may
coax
Administrator
posted May 09, 2002 12:08 AM            
I was elected to delete spam, yet I face more challenges and responsibilities then just spam deletion. A fellow administrator to help delete the spam and to take the responsibility/blame for having to take actions that needed to be done. I would like to nominate Kevlar for the position. He has shown to have the growth of the community at heart and is a logical reasonable person on the bboard. Feel free to nominate someone else too. I'm sure LDA will finalize any vote that takes place here.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 09, 2002 12:17 AM            
Let us know that you have changed your admin password before we move on and consider another admin. I would like to know that the admin function is secure prior to moving on. Thanks - Sailor

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 09, 2002 12:32 AM            
All completely secure.

Actually just typed in the wrong one.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 09, 2002 01:04 AM            
Thank you coax. I appreciate that you did correct the problem.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 09, 2002 01:17 AM            
I do not accept. I see no reason for this.

First off Sailor you actually didn't have the right to get coax to change passwords. Although I do understand your line of thinking.

But, In a sense you have forced him step down and you have no more right to get him to step down by yourself than I do to set him as Admin by myself. He was elect by community and if that should change and if there should be nominations for a new Admin, then that should be decided by the community.

You don't remove the president from office and then hold an election. They didn't even do that to Clinton. And at least he got a hummer out of the deal. Sorry.

Since we are not technically at the nomination process and we are essentially deciding weather he should step down, I vote that he stay on as Admin. That's just how I feel.

From here a long community discussion should be held. But he should've technically stayed on as Admin during this process.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 09, 2002 01:43 AM            
I have posted in the general forum on the access topic, but here is a man who was elected to look after the board, and he has done just that. He needed to call in extra help to complete a task which he did and that is his call to do so.

In my mind he has done everything expected of him and more. I have had 4 ppl ask me to stand for admin here over icq tonight - so here publicly i refuse. Coax is doing a sterling job to the best of his ability and I see no reason to force his removal. I would urge any other candidates to also refuse when this is done under such circumstances.

Imagine if DOG had come out in force to support Guido as Admin - then youd be in trouble LMAO !

Step back, take a breath and consider the options - theres no chain of command and he did what was asked the best way he knew how - if you have a problem with that and trust in these people sailor. its also been highlighted to me that "HES DNX" ok well he wa LWA when he took the job and Kevlar is BWL unless im missing something here.

Kong has DNX forum access and im sure he would let you know if anything planned or untoward was being plotted against TM and LDA.

Take a chill pill guys, youre all getting het up over a nothing incident. or are we about to become Tanaris 2. Id leave the damn game before see that happen.

Read my other post in the ADMIN NOTES thread in the general forum.

IP:

Mystique
posted May 09, 2002 02:12 AM         
I thought the whole idea of having a moderator was to stop spam by those BZ people. Not to ban our own people or to check up on their IP numbers to see who is who? All seems a bit sordid to me. If everything was on the up and up, how come no one was told? I mean when coax was made moderator it was all posted in the open. Now everyone is saying that Coax did not have to inform anyone? Should we have a discussion? We did not have one when Guido, a long time player of TM was booted from this forum for something he did on a server? Why was he not just booted from the server? The whole thing seems a bit odd seeing as I have not noticed any recent booms in foul language posting. There is always plenty of spam to go around. So why 3 moderators? What a bunch of hooey.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 09, 2002 02:31 AM            
First up theres no current way to ban anyone from a server - guido was banned for being outright racist. As for 3 moderators - if you look at the main boards list you will see LDA is the listed moderator, coax is just admin with low level additional access, the other 2 are there to simply assist when coax doesnt have the necessary information to deal with a certain task.

Kids at school ask a teacher, employees ask their supervisor, children ask their parents - everyone asks for help when they arnt sure - so am i to understand you wanted a discussion on who to ask for certain skills now ?

coax knew the 2 ppl named had the skills he needed to make use of and he used that resource to its fullest to get the job done - so why does everyone have a problem with this ?

And as for the bz peeps, they recently trashed the bz2 community that was planet battezone, im currently helping them rebuild it.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited May 09, 2002).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 09, 2002 02:52 AM            
Wow, and I thought the hostility would decline.

I promise to keep the group more informed on all my actions, I can see how not being completely open can make me look like I have something to hide. I hope you reconsider Kevlar, this is a lot of work for one person to do and I could really use the help.

I placed this question on the BWL board but got no response so I'll place it here as well. I only bring it up because it seems to be an issue with people. Should an admin be in a clan? I use to be in LWA and there were no issues with that. RandomC was in TC and there were no problems with that. If the community has changed its opinions on whether an admin should be in a clan let me know. The community is very important to me and I'll sadly leave DNX if it makes anyone feel more comfortable.

IP:

Irascible
posted May 09, 2002 02:55 AM            
(Just to nit pick Matrix, Guido was banned for insulting others with his views - not necessarily because he was a racist. He's been that all his life. I'm sure that's what you meant.)

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 09, 2002 03:12 AM            
Being in or not being in a clan is not what makes a good administrator. It's about the ability to make decisions (good or bad) based upon your experience and good nature and I believe that you have the skills to make this BBS happen.

I vote that you stay in the clan you're most comfortable with.

IP:

Irascible
posted May 09, 2002 03:38 AM            
Don't worry about it Coax. You're fine as an administrator. I personally don't give a hoot about all the fuss. In fact, I consider Supe more honorable than you... . All this will die down shortly. Not having Guido here to kick around has created a "whipping boy vacuum" and you filled the void... LOL! ... sorry, I found that amusing at least.

BTW, Don't no one else slip up or you'll be next punk!!!
(I kill myself sometimes... hehehe)

For those of you in the listening audience who do care a lot about this issue, don't impune my cavalier attitude to Coax. You'll notice I emphasized the word "personal" above. It's just my opinion. I understand some do take it serious and can respect that. You'll notice that he has taken it very serious (I fear he may develop ulcers), and is doing EVERYTHING in his power to make amends. Cut him some slack... pleeeeeease.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 09, 2002 03:42 AM            
The initial intent of the thread still stands in my opinion. Whether people decide to boot me out of being an admin thatís for an other topic.

I have 2 midterms tomorrow that I told myself I could wait until tonight to study for. This entire mess has completely interrupted whatever plans I had. The sporadic workload this job entails does not mesh well with my schedule. I really could use 2 additional admins for the board.

I would appreciate it if Sailor would consider the job too. I originally nominated both Kevlar and Super, but people think Super and I have some secret agenda, I know he would make a great admin and I feel sad that this has all become far to political for my taste. I'll just leave you with my nominations, decide as you wish and nominate others as you wish.

Please, don't think of this as a replacement. Like I said that can be discussed in an other thread. I could really use the help, please do me this favor by "accepting" to be nominated in the first place.

[This message has been edited by coax (edited May 09, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 09, 2002 04:15 AM            

I for one vote to keep coax in because he has done nothing wrong in my eyes.

And I would be happy to ASSIST coax moderate this board.coax trusts me enough to ask me for help in the past.And this time offically of course.I think you guys know how I play on a server and post in this forum.Always fair.I'm not one to step on peoples' shoes because I don't like them persoanlly.The board would continue to operate the same way and coax would be the main moderator and I would only act if he was not availible at the time.Thats one of the main reasons why coax wants help.Two more would take the weight off of coax although he still would be the head honcho.There actually is quite a bit of time wasting work invloved to being a moderator.
And I think Sailor would be a good choice for number two.He is a level headed guy that I think would act reasonible and make good decisions.
I talked it over with coax and a few other people and this seems to be the best way to go and make everyone happy and we can start worrying about playing on the servers rather than bibkering in the forum.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 09, 2002 06:44 AM            
Education comes first coax, this is just a game. In light of that I support your thread. RL comes b4 anything else - get yourself some good grades man, forget all this schizzle, its not as important as you think it is at the moment.

Besides, I got some catchin up to do in the form of 500 posts :P

IP:

JeepChick
posted May 09, 2002 06:52 AM            
Are you guys saying in this thread that you have only one board administrator?? WOW, that is a lot of work for ONE person. Coax, I thought your request was very clear and VERY reasonable. He needs some help guys. Don't have to be a long time TM'er to see that this is too big of a job for just one person. Pull together and give him some help! You guys need to go to the Tanarus board and read a few posts to see what will happen if you don't pull yourselves together and stop all this infighting. It isn't pretty what it evolves to.

JC

[This message has been edited by JeepChick (edited May 09, 2002).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 09, 2002 07:52 AM            
I think, its my fault I misunderstood the original theme. I had not read the other threads so I didn't get the full meaning from above. I misunderstood something one other time, It was the preacher, it was the time I should've asked "I do, what?" Da Dump Ching!

Anyway I agreed you need help with it all. There is no way one person can handle this, but I still have to decline. I simply dont have the spare time and there are others who are better suited for the job.

Sorry Sailor about the misunderstanding, that's on my part.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 09, 2002 08:36 AM            
Im forced to agree with Jeep - look at you all bitching over who's doing the board admin.

BZ got like this and 4 years old now the games forums are a depraved form of entertainment for the more derranged player - in fact Id say that its because of the forums and what its turned the players into that is 80% of the problem - if it were still as nice and friendly as it was back when it was "online federation" I think it woulkd be as successful as wolf and quake is now.

AoD came from BZ, ask them what im talking about and you will understand. They are too intent on destroying things than creating them.

Sailor, for the love of GOD - BACK OFF - I admin 5 forums out of 11 that I frequent, and let me tell ya - ITS HARD WORK & HARD DECISIONS.

The BZ incident here proved we needed a moderator - we elected one we all trust, so lets just settle the **** down, stop bitching, and let him do his job.

Cos ill tell ya what .... If this place starts going the way BZ did - ill be out faster than a comet on acid. No way im sitting around and watching that kind of degredation again.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited May 09, 2002).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 09, 2002 08:46 AM            
I would like to add just one other thing on the subject.

I have no problem with the way things are right now. If it is the general concensus that it change from the current two admin's then that's up to you guys. I don't have a problem with it.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 09, 2002 10:32 AM            
To clarify. I never said coax should step down as an admin. I think he does an excellent job of it. As for the issue of my other statements they are from a standpoint of security and keeping those ultimately responsible aware of what is going on. I in no way think coax did wrong in asking for help. Being an admin of 80+ servers from Windows to Unix to AS400's I understand what a workload it can be. As far as removing himself from a clan - no I believe he has a right to be in and associate with any clan he desires - it has absolutely nothing to do with his admin duties as can be seen in the work he has performed for this board. I have no problem with having additional admins to assist him either.
Coax please do not consider anything I said to reflect upon your work - you have done a very good job and I am sure will continue to do so.

------------------
TMMaps

IP:

A2597
posted May 09, 2002 11:16 AM            
I for one think Coax is doing a great job.
As a moderator, his duties are not to simply deleat spam, but to ensure that all members behave in a sensible and friendly manner. Coax has been handeling the responsibility quite well for one person I'd say.
Most forums have numerous two admins (That can moderate the entire board) and a moderator that can moderate each individual forum.
(Such as Coax and someone else moderates everywhere, and the one person for the General Discussion, one for TM modding, one for DX-Ball, etc)
That works quite well, and if any moderator has a question, they ask the administrator.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

[This message has been edited by A2597 (edited May 09, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted May 09, 2002 01:14 PM            
what? did I miss something?

coax is asking for help.

so far nobody is volunteering and somehow we briefly got off track.

so we are back to coax asking for help. is that correct? how much time are you guessing coax?

Geez!

IP:

MexIndian
posted May 09, 2002 01:44 PM            
Right. The topic was misunderstood. So the nominated additional moderator is Kevlar.

I vote yay (or whatever the hell yes is) for both. Let's see if Kev wants to be nominated as a SHARED adm.

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

peeeto
posted May 09, 2002 02:05 PM         
i think you're doing a great job, coax!

and though i understand how big a job it is, i wouldn't be able to help - i just don't have the time

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 09, 2002 03:05 PM            
You have to read under the Admin topic in the Gereral forum if you are missing the picture.I know all about it and I'm still missing the picture but at least you'll know why this topic got started here.

IP: