|
Author Topic:   Mid-Week Stockyard with a Tweak!
Hammer
posted May 08, 2002 01:12 PM            
Guys
I got a request to activate a setting in an ent file called teamflag. It is "carrierarmorscale= 2" which I set to 1.25. I hope it makes things interesting!!!!

IP:

Paranor
posted May 08, 2002 01:13 PM            
what does that do?

IP:

Vlad
posted May 08, 2002 02:08 PM            
The CTF flags can alter 3 attributes of the tanks that carry them: armor, speed, and reload rate.

The stock setting for the flags is:

carrierspeedscale = .7
carrierfireratescale = .5
#carrierarmorscale = 2

That means that a tank carrying a flag will fire twice as slow as a non-flag carrying tank, and have 7/10ths the speed (both of which are fairly obvious anyway). The 3rd line was commented out (that's what the "#" is for), so it's not used by the flags currently. What Hammer's planning on is activating that command and setting it to 1.25, giving a flag-carrier a 25% boost in armor.

Personally, it sounds like a pretty neat idea. 2x armor is a bit much, but a 25% boost would give flag runners a bit more of a chance, especially to compensate for the lowered speed and firing rate.

IP:

Hammer
posted May 08, 2002 02:54 PM            
Although I'd love to take credit for the idea most of you guys know I am not that hep on ents. The idea came fron BamZipPow. He e-mailed me with the request before last weeks match I just didn't get it untill late that night. So I thought I would try it for him this week.

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 08, 2002 03:15 PM            
Cool!
That Bam is becoming quite the little command expert.

I still owe him lots of thanks for the bypass intro. This one is great if you are making maps, weapons, tanks and have to start TM several times in one night to test stuff out. It skips the flashy TM splash screens and goes straight to the menu.

And most importantly the one that skips everything and goes straight into the game. I made a special icon for that one.

Can't wait to try the CTF thing out tonight.

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

Teulk
posted May 08, 2002 04:22 PM            
CTF--"catch the flag" no??..what are the requirements to join this little party, and what time would it be convening??

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 08, 2002 04:24 PM            
Wednesday at 8est. See you there. Look for a server that has CTF maps on it.

IP:

Teulk
posted May 08, 2002 04:27 PM            
Merci..just back from the plains...seems a little dust has been stirred, but I'll keep my nose clean..strictly stock, tonight, yes??

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted May 08, 2002 05:14 PM            
hmmmmmmm.....might have to give this a whirl.

------------------

"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, D.O.G - Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

Teulk
posted May 08, 2002 06:10 PM            
Just tried the server...no idea what the heck was going on..never even saw a flag!!!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 08, 2002 09:17 PM            
Teulk...

The flag would be at one of the pinkish dots on your radar. Also the pointer points to the flag or flag carrier. If someone has your flag...it should say that at the top of your screen.

Good to see you at the CTF!

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 08, 2002 09:30 PM            
could you put in the 1.0 weapons? I hate those cheapy plasma cannon shots and concussions. More difficulty! but that's just IMHO

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 08, 2002 10:18 PM            
Oh...check these commands out. Found these undocumented commands that might have potential.

TeamSpawnType (Course command) -1 = no one, 0 = anyone, >0 = team number
CarrierArmorScale (Flag command) ratio of armor to apply to CTF flag carrier. 1.33 seems to be optimal

MaxMapTeams (map config command) = max number of teams supported by map
DisableFrags (map config command) check the box to activate. Disables frag count for map
AllowJoins (map config command) = 1 to force single game only without allowing anyone to join
There are other commands that can be embedded into the map (AISkill, TimeLimit, AITanks, StartDelay, NumTeams, Mirror, TankTypes, TeamScores, PushStartPoints, Laps, FragLimit, Friction, and Gravity)

CamStyle (config.cfg command) 0=terrain, 1=tank, 2=none
ByPassIntro (config.cfg command) = 1 to activate
ShowMPH (config.cfg command) = 0 for KPH, 1 for MPH
DebugPolyNormals (config.cfg command) = 1 to activate. Allows you to see the something cool! Don't freak out if you activate this!
TurretSpeedScale (config.cfg/dedicated.cfg command) turn ratio to apply to all tanks

HitRadiusAdd (might be a Course command)
WaterScale (might be a Skybox command)

GUIMesh (GUI command)
Powerup-Family (unknown)
Powerup-Level (unknown)
Powerup-Weight (unknown)
TankBlowExplo (unknown)
TurretBlowExplo (unknown)
DisableMT (unknown config.cfg command)

Think that's just about it for commands...

IP: