This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Sad Times!
-DNX-Ni
posted May 07, 2002 03:46 PM            
Not looked at the BB for a couple of days and it's good to see there are a lot of posts, but am now feeling a lot more hostility in the air since a years ago when everyone was friendly!

Think everyone, maybe including myself should take a chill-pill or 4... each!

But seriously it's starting to read like a half-life or Tanarus Forum!

------------------
The Ahn-NI-hilator

IP:

Vlad
posted May 07, 2002 04:15 PM            
Heh.. tell me about it. It's not so much that people are becoming meaner, but the community is getting whinier. I managed to play Treadmarks for well over a year straight without ever hearing a single complaint about spawn fragging..

IP:

Paranor
posted May 07, 2002 05:24 PM            
hostility? here? why don't you just shut the &^#&)$!* up?

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 07, 2002 06:15 PM            
Chill = yes. Personal responsibility = yes. Let all play fairly and speak sanely without the need to regret or have to forget the wrongs we pour onto others either verbally or otherwise. Friends on or off the battlefield is what we need, what we want and what we hope for. Please all - respect others as you wish to be respected.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited May 07, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 07, 2002 07:07 PM            
"respect others as you wish to be respected" - couldnt have put it better, been saying this all along.

IP:

guido 1
posted May 07, 2002 07:14 PM         
Right it is sad indeed ......

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted May 07, 2002 07:32 PM            
wasnt me guv

IP:

Irascible
posted May 07, 2002 08:38 PM            
Now it's come to whining about the whining. Catch the irony there Vlad?

IP:

guido 1
posted May 07, 2002 08:49 PM         
My philosopy is simple during gameplay . " If it's Red .... It's Dead . When i feel like chattin I go to MSN rooms , talk to the babes ya know ( oh sorry you married guy's , didn't mean to get your mind off the little woman , or man as the case may be ) ... hehehehe different strokes for different blokes . Lets give Irascible a HaaaRuuumph . Or not !!!!!

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 07, 2002 10:21 PM            
Notice most of the high scorers don't have a problem with killing every red dot under any circumstances.I may have to start to do that too then everyone can eat my dust How you can you feel that skill earned you the frag when you kill someone who just spawned and nowhere near a spawn point.You guys would probablly be satisfied if there were a cheat that gave you a frag everytime you hit the spacebar No better than the hackers I hear about in Tanarus.Its not whining its people that wish the game was fairer and with all emphisis on competetion rather than who can do 30 low blows the fastest.

IP:

kv
posted May 07, 2002 10:46 PM            
"High scorers don't have a problem with killing every red dot under any circumstances?"

may want to rethink that statement supe, when I play, i'm usually lucky to get even a few frags. Eh, ok, maybe i'm better than that, but my kill/death ratio is tiny. Every frag I get costs me about 3 deaths.

Of course, my style is "suicidal", so that's to be expected.

Again, I play simply for fun. I see all this talk of "do this, not that" as a very disturbing trend.

What happened to the fun?

IP:

Irascible
posted May 07, 2002 10:49 PM            
quote:
a cheat that gave you a frag everytime you hit the spacebar

(voice of Jon Lovitz) Hmmm... yeah, that's the ticket. Hehehe...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 07, 2002 10:55 PM            
You mean there are other people cheating? Wow! And I thought the special keystrokes to give you free powerups and any stock weapon you want was just a freebie...

IP:

guido 1
posted May 07, 2002 11:15 PM         
Look super , this aint rocket science and you either frag or get fragged ... the little community you knew and dominated is over .... so adapt or become extinct .... edited by someone other than capn crunch .... rules evolve .... must play by the rules ..... NOT . your flippin now but wait for the next version lol .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 08, 2002 12:55 AM            
Ya know whats funny ?

1 - I /HATE\ and i really mean H A T E to be you next time supes in the same game...

and

2 - Your sig says youre the "mercy killer" - quite the opposite for a man who fight for the right to be dishonourable :P

A code of practice is something that every clan should have, weve had one for years and if you check most clan sites they have one too. Codes of conduct help the game and the ppl in the game, they are there as much for your enjoyment as others.

codes of practice are a totally voluntary thing to have and use, but they seperate the good clans from the bad ones. Ill make a point of putting ours up for the public to see on our site.

Its interesting, but you could learn a lot from this "loooooooong" discussion. For example the term "STFU" you may not be used to LMAO !

I have suggested to jim via email that a simple checkcode be put in place for 1.6.1 which looks to see the clearance radius of tanks to pickups, then drops you where its safe, and another check that prevents the issue of spawnfragging from occuring again - and that should settle this little problem, though im sure we will no doubt find another as soon as is possible - LmAO

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 08, 2002 03:15 AM            
Take a deep breath guys I was merely stating how I felt about what some people were saying about that they would spawn frag,chat frag,kill a tank that is obviously away and not think twice about it.You guys aren't in the majority FYI.I notice most everyone I play with live by the code for the most part.So I just wonder how you guys can do that and feel like you accomplished something with your mad skills Just seems that frags are more important to you guys than actually earning them.Maybe it might make you think the next time you lay into someone before their treads hit the ground.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 08, 2002 03:19 AM            
And nobody is telling you what to do.Go ahead and spawn frag but their are some people that won't like you for it.Which is why topics like this come up and its not just a trend.This is a chat forum and some people want to let you know how they think about it.
And I always have fun when I play whether someone chat frags me or not.I wouldn't have been playing for 2 years+ otherwise.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted May 08, 2002 05:03 AM            
i hear that!! all of it!
but ill be a happyer Grind when i see (if) the new patch come through, might be able to play more than 2 games without feeling frustrated.

IP:

JeepChick
posted May 08, 2002 07:02 AM            
Quote:
"But seriously it's starting to read like a half-life or Tanarus Forum!"

Trust me, the wonderful group of individuals in this community does NOT want to end up like that bunch of whining, rude, arrogant, you're "only good at the game if you drive a van" babies.

I haven't had as much opportunity to play as I would like so far, but so far my gaming experience with you guys has been such a breath of fresh air. PLEASE, figure out what you have to do to NOT become like tanny. I can tell you from personal experience or you can go read the message board for yourself that you do not want to end up in the condition that tanny has. It is just a game and last I remember FUN is what a game is all about.

Hope I haven't spoken out of turn for a newbie...

JC

IP:

kv
posted May 08, 2002 07:57 AM            
no JC, you're not out of turn.

Actually, it's nice to see someone else asking where the FUN went.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 08, 2002 09:47 AM            
I just thought off the top of my head, JC, abut Tanarus cos I remember reading about a guy who was comitting social engineering... it'lll never happen in this game I know, but it's people who go out of their way to cheat and get more frags. WHere's the fun?

But hey this community isn't as bad or probably never will be as bad as them thar gaming forums.. I was just making a point about people complaining just to complain.

yet this thread was to make people realise it and all everyone are doing on it is complain..again!

------------------
The Ahn-NI-hilator

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 08, 2002 10:06 AM            
I understand what you are saying, Ni.

But the only way this community will ever keep from being a "Tanarus forum", is if people speak out when things are not right.

It may seem like these are sad times and they are. But not because people are speaking out against these things and making a big ruckus, but because others are doing them.

If no one ever said anything about cuss words or racial slurs then eventually it would be deemed cool and ok to do so. These "sad times" are a vital part of shaping and holding this community firm in its beliefs.

The minute you visit these forums and people have decided not to speak out and vigorously pursue these issues till there end. That is when it will be like those other forums.

IP:

MexIndian
posted May 08, 2002 03:24 PM            
HEY!!! THE NEWBIE AMAZON/TANNY EXPRESSED HER OPINION!!!!

GET DOWN AND

GIIIIIVVVEEEEE MEEEEEEEE TWWWWWWEEEEENTYYYYY!!!!!

Thanks for posting much

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

Teulk
posted May 08, 2002 04:15 PM            
Well, this seems interesting...gone for a week, three thousand postings to catch up on, and they all have that same underlying tone of "dread". What happened?? Hopefully we can all still play "nice" together!!

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 08, 2002 09:27 PM            
LOL, you guys just take this all too seriously if you think we fight too much. And those who really do fight, they are just taking things too seriously. When we first came in here, it was a what-ever-goes feel. If that's still going on, then we're okay. I doubt we should stop with the silly posts.... they just increase because we have more serious posts, and act as a buffer to prevent anything nasty. That's why I come on and play around every now and then. I love how the TM community is actually sprucing up. Hey LDA! I dunno what you've been putting in our food, but we are starting to get bigger games. Today is the first tiem I've seen 10 people go onto a CTF match. WOOHOO! We need more of them ya'll! And maybe we can just schedule stuff. Don't forget to e-mail me to comment on the one-shot-kill server or post somewhere around here and I might pick it up. As soon as my school work lightens, I'll be back to catching every single post that goes here, and I'll own ju. till then, does anyone else want a mining server on. At this rate, we'll have a day in which everyone just cycles from server to server as one big hulk of tanks. I mean, I'd hate to have to just play LDA all day, but now I love it when you go between ctf and LDA and one shot kill and mods... then back again. Mwahahahahah. Now all we need to do is ALL of us download Killer's ZE pack and play ctf on that sucker..... lemme tell you, that is some FUN! 4 times the reg size map, and the tanks are pretty nicely balanced for such an experimental mod. Anyone else gonna say something about the community.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2