|
Author Topic:   GROPOS-site up
A2597
posted May 06, 2002 09:49 AM            
http://mods.firstones.com/gropos/

Site is still somewhat under construction, but it fully operational.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 06, 2002 03:05 PM            
We are going to be posting screenshots, etc in regular intervals. Check that site for updates on this mod...

Some things about it:
- Completely new Tanks
- Completely new fonts and HUD, added introduction screens, new 3d pointer in GUI
- Completely new maps
- Completely new weapons
- Completely new textures and skymaps for maps
- New revolutionary (and secret for now) ideas in map design.

The Team:
A2597
- Project Lead
Random Chaos
- Map Maker
Matrix
- Graphics Artist
Vlad
- Lead Entity Editor

More details on the website

--RC

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 06, 2002 07:42 PM            
Let me give you a nice screenshot taste

Enjoy

Larger versions of the above are on the website...

IP:

A2597
posted May 06, 2002 07:57 PM            
Oh cmon! not even one reply about the new

site?

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Paranor
posted May 06, 2002 08:05 PM            
I would love to reply but what the heck is GROPOS?

IP:

A2597
posted May 06, 2002 09:48 PM            
it's a Babylon 5 mod for TreadMarks....(TC is more like it)

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 06, 2002 10:35 PM            
GROPOS is short for GROund POunderS - ya know - foot soldiers.

IP:

kv
posted May 06, 2002 10:44 PM            
Looks nice.

one small request: KILL THE BROWSER CHECKS.

I use a proxy that hides the browser version information from websites. If you still want to use that, put it only on the intro page to inform users that they may be using an incompatible browser, and allow them to continue to the site anyway if they wish to do so.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 06, 2002 11:05 PM            
The browser checks are so that the javascripting works correctly on your browser version. If we kill it it screws up almost everyone else.

IP:

kv
posted May 06, 2002 11:12 PM            
ok

can it at least be made to recognise IE 6? I disabled the proxy and was still getting the version message.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 07, 2002 12:40 AM            
Oh sure - I can kill the message...but not tonight. I need to get to bed. Final tomorrow...and I have to pack to leave. I'm out of the dorm Wed at about noon. I'll try to change that while procrastinating...

As for version checks...we didn't actually expect anyone to see that message - its easy to kill (or rather make it so the message is still there if the year is 1950 on the host computer )

I plan to rework that whole webpage in the coming days. Its going to present problems coding wise if I don't...the images page is almost too big already for the coding as is. But I don't want to undo everything A2597 has already...but it might be easier

IP:

A2597
posted May 07, 2002 09:14 AM            
weird about that message...I use IE6...

and RC, this was a thing I slapped together in about an hour, most of that was working on image flips and the preloader. feel free to tear it apart.

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 07, 2002 10:03 AM            
I just did tear it appart

---------------------

As for the message, it will now print the message to the screen at the bottom of the page rather then displaying an alert message...

IP:

A2597
posted May 07, 2002 11:48 AM            
nice. mesa likin dis.

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 07, 2002 10:31 PM            
mesa thinks people have nothing to say to this thread

IP:

kv
posted May 07, 2002 10:49 PM            
oh, this is cool.

it dosen't popup that message in a dialog box anymore, it loads a whole new page instead.

[EDIT] but it only does that while using the proxy, bypassing it lets the site work properly.

very nice BTW.

[This message has been edited by kv (edited May 07, 2002).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 08, 2002 08:34 AM            
There is no reason for that to happen...

All that browser check does is activate or deactivate the rollover buttons on the sidebar. No reason at all for it to load a new page...

IP:

kv
posted May 08, 2002 08:57 AM            
did you just change something RC?

It all works fine now.

IP: