|
Author Topic:   GeForce 3
MikeDalmatian
posted May 06, 2002 01:16 AM            
Hey, I have a GeForce3 card with a TV output and I'm trying to figure out how to get it to work. I can't switch it from my moniter to my telivision. I was able to get my GeForce2 card to work that way but this card won't do it. Some of you have posted about these graphic cards so maybe someone out there can help me.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 06, 2002 01:35 AM            
I got the same issue with my GeForce 2-Ti - bought it specifically for Tv-Out and the sukka just shows a black screen.

IP:

Irascible
posted May 06, 2002 01:41 AM            
This probably won't be of any help, but:
I tried it once with my GeForce 256 DDR. It wouldn't work at first either. It turned out that the TV had to be hooked up and turned on when it the comp booted so that the card would detect the TV as it initialized. Of course, the TV out quality sucked so bad that I never used it again.

IP:

MikeDalmatian
posted May 06, 2002 02:31 AM            
I'm using it to put video samples on a VHS tape to show at school for a project. This is a time I actually need the bugger and it fails! -.-

IP:

kv
posted May 06, 2002 08:11 AM            
do what ras said. shut down the computer, connect the card to the tv and turn on the tv. then boot the computer. It should work.

for some odd reason, unless the vid out has something connected to it, it won't be recongnised by the computer.

after the computer boots, you will have to go into the display properties and turn on the vid out in the display settings.

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 06, 2002 10:12 AM            
Some video cards can only show the output on the TV and not on the PC Monitor at the same time.

But if your card does support viewing tv and monitor at the same time, if you can see the video on the TV but not the monitor, try turning the monitor off and then back on. I have to do this sometimes, but not all the time.

I would look to see if the hook up to the TV is correct. For use with VCR's you will need to make sure you run it from your video card to your VCR's Video-In jacks and not accidentally to the Video-Out. They are usually identical so its an easy mistake. If your VCR has jacks on the front try these first, because they are usually Video-In jacks for hooking camcorders to.

Are you using standard video cables (yellow) or S-Video cables?

There is usually a Control Panel applet or a tray applet to set the computer into TV-out. At which time the monitor will resize to TV screen dimensions and the screen resolution usually goes down to 800x600.

Are you getting any specific errors?
Does it output to the TV screen at all or does the tv remain black?

Or are you having trouble finding the applet that changes it to tv out, if so then check the site for the most recent drivers. I had to do this.

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

MikeDalmatian
posted May 06, 2002 10:25 PM            
On my GeForce2Ti400, it switched from the computer moniter to the telivision. I tried this at first just to play a game on the TV. My old moniter was small and it was extremely dark. I think it was messed up. Now I bought a new moniter that's seventeen inches and it's flat screen just like a Sony Trinitron TV which I tried to play the game on. Everything's perfect.

IP: