|
Author Topic:   TM Master Client
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 05, 2002 04:29 AM            
Can't seem to find it?Need to reinstall it.

I guess this would also be usefull to newbies.TM Master Client is a seperate program that connects to the master server and shows you how many humans are playing,what servers they are on,server info like where to download maps or mods,and a few other usefull features.You can check all of this without having to fire up TM.

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 05, 2002 04:48 AM         
Check the downloads section at http://www.treadmarks.de if you can't find it anywhere else

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 05, 2002 10:28 AM            
Its also at dmf.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 05, 2002 12:50 PM            
Unfortunatly its unstable under XP. I had it lock up on me several times while I was in game, forcing me to have to turn the machine off (thank God for ATX PSUs).

So if you use it under XP, be careful.

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 05, 2002 01:01 PM            
One thing to remember is that it is in the root of the treadmarks site...
http://www.treadmarks.com/TMMasterClient.exe

IP:

KONG
posted May 05, 2002 01:01 PM            
it will lock up under all windows if you leave it running for too long

IP:

Mysterial
posted May 05, 2002 01:11 PM            
The best idea is to close it right after you pick a server and TM's splash screen comes up for a few seconds.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 05, 2002 03:26 PM            
Yeah...I don't launch it from the master client.I just see how many are playing and close master client,then boot up TM the normal way.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 05, 2002 08:14 PM            
"it will lock up under all windows if you leave it running for too long"

- hehe, kong, its locks up on any OS if you leave it running too long more bugs than planet P "starship troopers"

However, i find it resonably stable on XP Pro 2600.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 05, 2002 09:44 PM            
K had all the bugs on it..P was the brain bug one!

IP:

JeepChick
posted May 06, 2002 07:53 AM            
If you find an influx of a lot of new people, I would tell them about the Master Client thingy. One of the things I didn't like about TM was not knowing where to go play. Doesn't show me who is where, but at least there is a place to start.

JC

IP:

JVortex
posted May 06, 2002 01:17 PM            
just remember that the master client was released "just because" and with known bugs. it was never intended to be a perfect and stable program. one of those "here, i made this and you can use it if you want to" sort of things from LDA. just thought the newbies should know .

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP:

MexIndian
posted May 06, 2002 01:27 PM            
XP pro, no problems here.
I don't use it to load up into TM tho...I go in the manual way. It would be cool if they could get it to work, no? With a drag-down menu for your tank? Cool.

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 06, 2002 04:16 PM            
Yeah Mex...tht does sound good nd I would imsgine it would be simple to make.Maybe a player/programmer could take the challenge?

Jeepie,you don't have to have the master program to see how many people are on and where.If you start up a game normally and go to the master server it will show how many bots are supposed to be on the server and how many actually are.Meaning when a human comes a bot is removed.So if the server is supposed to have 6 bots but it says there is only 2,then there are 4 humans on that server.

IP: