|
Author Topic:   master server address
uck
posted May 03, 2002 05:30 AM            
all the newbies will have a hard time playing multiplayer when the master server is 206.222.78.139 but when you install TM it sets it to 216.blah.blah.blah the old server address

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted May 03, 2002 06:08 AM            
Should not be that much of a problem. If TM cant find the master server, it checks a web site and the address is auto updated. The only pain is having to write that number down and change it for the master server client program.

------------------

"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, D.O.G - Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 03, 2002 08:16 AM            
Its in the newsthread on DMF, and i dont plan on moving it, so if you ever loose it - head over to the TM page at www.dmf.filetap.com and simply scroll down till you see it - or goto the search-page tool in your browser and type "master"

------------------

code:

.---. .-----------
/ \ __ / ------
/ / \( )/ ----- -=[ X C L A N ]=-
////// ' \/ ` ---
//// / // : : --- DEATHMATCH FEDERATION
// / / /` '--
// //..\\
=============UU====UU==== (`..(( WWW. DNXWORLD .COM ))..)
'//| |\\`
''``
_____ ____ ___ ____ __ _______ ___ __ ___ ___
__ / ___/_ _/\ / |/_ | / /\ /_ __ \ /_ | / /\ | |/ /\ __
/ /\ / /\\\ / /\\ / /| |\/ / /\ \/ /\ / /\ / / /\ > < \ / /\
\\\ / /____/ /___ / ___ |/ /| /\ / /__/ /\ / /| /\ / - |\ \\\
\____/______//_/\ |_|_/ |_/\ /______-\ /_/\|_/\ /__/\/__/
\\\\\ \\\\\\ \\ \\\\ \\ \\\\\\\\ \\\ \\ \\\\ \\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

IP:

uck
posted May 03, 2002 07:48 PM            
well when i installed TM on my new system and went to refresh server list nothing happened for about a minute then flashed a screen "checking website" then nothing again and it definatly didnt auto update the master server address, i just thought the master server was down, until after a couple of days of this i realized what the problem was and typed in the address

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 03, 2002 08:09 PM            
That's pretty strange! Have u got the latest patch installed?? Cos as soon as I was told it was changed, I logged in, it checked the website and updated it instantly, automatically!!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 03, 2002 08:17 PM            
same thing happened to me similarly to Ni.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

uck
posted May 03, 2002 09:15 PM            
yep have latest patch only thing i can think is have my internet security settings set very high, all activeX, scipting, java set to prompt

IP: