|
Author Topic:   Divx
mELON cRACKER
posted May 02, 2002 07:36 PM            
I tried to play Kevlar's movies here at work (doh!) and was not able to. The Divx 3.11 pack that a lot of people are linking to does not work with Win 2000 Pro SP2. It installs, but Media Player will poop if you try to play the videos.
Save yourself the trouble of figuring it out and go to www.divx.com, and download the new pack (player, and WMP plugin). There is a free version, an ad version, and a pay version. I recommend the free version.
Kevlar's videos are great. He uses free look quite a bit and it makes the videos even better. You are missing out if you haven't seen them.
[BWL]mELONcRACKER

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 03, 2002 12:30 AM            
That's fine, the next movie I cook I will be using Divx 5.

But hmmm, I have Windows 2000 Pro SP2 at home and at work. I even tried it on Win2K Server and Advanced Server and it works fine. I am wondering if this is some other driver conflict issue and not necessarily Win2k. But that really doesn't matter, MC is right. Definitely go to version 5 especially if you have problems. I will be posting v5 on my site tomorrow sometime, and I will start using it to compile with on the next movie.

------------------
TM-Central

IP: