|
Author Topic:   Use Kazza ? READ THIS
=DNX= Matrix
posted May 01, 2002 11:33 PM            
This was brought to me by a good friend in the CE Clan - One Mr Odessey

---

If you have KaZaA then you MUST read this. Rush brought this to my attention after he ran a trojan scan. It seems KaZaA has a built in trojan virus and turns active ass soon as you Click YES-I AGREE on their liscense agreement. Heh, No im not ****ting you, This trojans is called BDE, aka Brillaint. It's a Cleint/server trojan that lets people take control and even *USE your computer when its idle*. I was wondering why my mouse cursor moved when i wasnt at my computer, now i know why! This is scarey because its estimated that 6 MILLION people have KaZaA. If you have KaZaA then you need to go to www.downloads.com and get the trojans scanner called The Cleaner, and then run it. If you find BDE delete it!. thx

---

So there ya have it..... grab yourself a copy of Direct Connect Client at www.neo-modus.com and join us on the DNX Fileshare nights

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 01, 2002 11:37 PM            
I posted this april 4th, in the General forum.

EDIT:
Last post in this thread at the bottom.

/forums/archive/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000094.html

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited May 01, 2002).]

IP:

A2597
posted May 01, 2002 11:42 PM            
bah. of COURSE there is spyware. most people that scan (Using AdAware) find over 200 instances of spyware from Kazaa.

my point?

DON'T USE KAZAA.

Use KazaaLite. the hacked Kazaa that lacks all the spyware.
(BTW, I use it, no more Bonzi Buddy or banner adds or any other junk! WOOT)

Extra Features compared to original KaZaA
- No Adware
- No Spyware
- No banners
- No bitratelimit for mp3 files
- No irritating websites loaded into KaZaA
- No crappy BDE Viewer
- No f*cking Bonzi Buddy
- Set up multiple users with the included PseudoTrack tool

I give it:

Five thumbs up.
http://www.refosearch.tk/

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 02, 2002 12:10 AM            
THats right.. Don't use Kazaa, use Kazaa lite:
http://www.kazaalite.com

all the Kazaa, no spyware!

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted May 02, 2002 01:57 AM            
bring bak napster!!

anyway, im geting the cleaner , and kazza lite, but i duno if ill have the trojan...i was useing grokster which used kazza tho so i might do

and i got so many open ports i duno what top do , mny budy haked me today , didnt do anything at all but he sed he could if he wanted to cos he tryed

can anyone help me with this open port thingy? and fire walls? but i dont want it to screw up my gameing, my msn doesent have a firewall eithre im told

that suksa the most! =(

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 02, 2002 04:48 AM            
Tojons Smojons For all the stuff I get for free with Kazaa they can have full access to my computer

IP:

guido 1
posted May 02, 2002 08:02 AM         
try winmx no spyware and a great interface .http://winmx.com . Give it a try , small download .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

guido 1
posted May 02, 2002 08:03 AM         
www.winmx.com .

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 02, 2002 10:16 AM            
Yea Guido, I use WinMX also for files, mpgs, jpg's too but Audiogalaxy for MP3's!

I used Kazaalite b4 my reformat but foir a while the website I got it from was down!

Also had the cleaner...won't Norton AntiVirus detect it?

IP: