This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Heres the link to the Tanarus forum
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 29, 2002 10:22 PM            
Nevermind..after reading their BB its NOT a good idea for several of us to go post there.It looks like they are allowed to say and do as they please and that it is MUCH bigger than TM which of course attracts all the teenage riff raff..no offense ot any teenagers we have playing here

I posted a simple message and hopefully some will take the bait.Most of them seem nice but some are just looking to stir stuff up.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited April 29, 2002).]

IP:

kv
posted April 29, 2002 10:40 PM            
you are aware that one of them has admitted that there is a group of them with a possibly pirated version of the game, right?

I've been going to their forums for the last few days, don't exactly seem like a group of... ahem.. likeable people.

The fact that you have to buy treadmarks will probably drive most of em away from here. Seems they expect companies to provide a totally free game for their enjoyment.

BTW: they have already had two posts on their forums introducing treadmarks to them, sage posted one. The reply to his was: "it sux".

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 29, 2002 10:45 PM            
Yeah...maybe we shouldn't get carried away with posting in their forum.We'd prob get mad if another game started coming over and trying to take our players.I posted a nice to the point message and told them where to go.That should be enough.
And I hte to say thins but I don't think LDA makes money on TM anymore...so if they are getting pirated copies then they are screwing the retailers and not LDA.I for one don't really care how they get the game.I just think we should have our doors open ready to accept them.I mean what does TM sell for now..like $15...thats pocket change.I would think that most of them would buy the game anyway.They can;t all be ortten to the core

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 29, 2002 10:52 PM            
Supe'

Please edit your link in their forum to include the divx driver for the movie, otherwise they get an error after downloading and trying to play.
http://www.tm-central.com/animation/divx_311.zip

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 29, 2002 10:59 PM            
Done

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 29, 2002 11:12 PM            
You're right...half of them sound like jerks.But thats what you expect when you have 500 players online at one time.I read that somehwere on their BB...that was the average.Of course they have something big like Sony to get the players.Oh well...I'm sure our posts will get flamed but we made end up get tons of more players in the end which is worth it in my book
DO NOT post in the forum there beacuse I can already tell my reading their forum that you will get flamed by 50 12 year olds for sure!

IP:

Rex R
posted April 30, 2002 01:56 AM            
was looking tonite, so far supe's post is being ignored. looks like a number of them have decided to go with wolfrum (quite likely because it is free) the tone of the msg.s is, shall we say not G-rated.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted April 30, 2002 03:33 AM            
Am looking at their forums right now! man... there may be a few that aren't welcome here at all!

Some Dude's being charged for 12 counts of online felonies for 'social engineering'?

What's that all about?

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted April 30, 2002 03:40 AM            
Also.. no further offense to anyone who have genuinely bought Treadmarks and have skipped form Tanarus, but I recommend Supe, Sage and anyone else who've posted about TM there to withdraw any links pertaining to promoting Treadmarks.

I feel it might be attracting some unwanted attention, especially with the PS2 version on the way!

Again, no offense to Tanarus players who have made the jump and who have bought the game from a high st or online retailer!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 30, 2002 04:41 AM            
I can't imagine this game ever running into problems with a growing community. Members whose only purpose is to cause problems are either ignored or eventually straighten out to some degree. If the forum ever becomes plagued with immature 12 year olds, we'll just need to elect more Administrators from our ranks. If this bboard continues to be populated with rational human beings, I'm sure new people will enjoy the structure and not abuse their freedom of speech.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Rex R
posted April 30, 2002 04:53 AM            
for social engieering read hacking(or is that craking) editing and deleting content on computers not his own etc. it seems 'he' was a BAD boy there was a thread that listed some of the bad deeds. and generally making himself unwanted. makes me real glad that LDA made it very hard to cheat.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 30, 2002 08:19 AM            
Ive also been looking at the Tanarus forum and i can only comment thusly : Seems like another BZ type community to me, and thats why i left, insensitive, idiot kids with delusions of deiety *or ill cause you some grief* to live out.

Dont know if youre aware but that guy who came in here spouting garb about me, just managed to alienate the entire BZ2 community in one go - there's efficieny we can do without ! Oh ya, the BREED ppl hate him too - LMAO popular ppl, just for the wrong reasons.

I dont think a smooth transition here from Tanarus would be at all possible - thyre too different to make the change, and if they did come here, there would most certainly be a divide of attitudes followed by mad rampant argument threads; i mean we argue now but we do know it's in the most light hearted way and are all m8's. This radical change in community would definately disrupt that accord.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 30, 2002 11:51 AM            
I just checked that forum and there is acually a positive response from someone with 174 posts to that forum.

And I checked my logs and 11 people from the Tanarus forum have downloaded the movie.

Never know maybe we can get a couple descent ppl from there.

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 30, 2002 12:08 PM            
Well lets hope the decent ones come here and the trash goes to wulfram. theres always sumthin good in sumthin bad - or is there hmmmmm.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 30, 2002 01:07 PM            
I downloaded and installed Tanarus just to see how it works. And aside from having the nastiest graphics I have ever seen and hard to use controls, now I know why LDA left out the ability to move the turret up and down. Basically a bad experience for me.

EDIT:
Not only that you are locked inside these little areana's, the maps don't tile like TM's.

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited April 30, 2002).]

IP:

Babe
posted April 30, 2002 01:28 PM         
Just to let you know not all of us Tanny players are jerks or teenagers. I for one do not involve myself in the flame wars and just like to play games. I hope those of us who do buy your game will be welcome here if not it would be kinda nice to know before hand. Thank you for your patience

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 30, 2002 01:37 PM            
Welcome to the the community Babe. Consider yourself welcomed.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

guido 1
posted April 30, 2002 01:46 PM         
I think new players deserve a chance , we after all were new to TM once upon a time . We have had a small number of rebels ( myself excluded ..... of course ) that have been absorbed, or , left our fair community . Purchase the game , and consider joining the D.O.G clan . That's Death Or Glory . Were the cool ones .... hehehehe . http://home.freeuk.net/kingjohn1st/index.html This is our site url .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted April 30, 2002 01:55 PM            
Welcome to the LDA BB Babe! Of course you're welcome here, but we all recognise that there are some out there just causing trouble for the sake of it and they are NOT welcome to our close-knit community!

Hope u and anyone willing can become part of it!

PS TM rules

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 30, 2002 02:19 PM            
Welcome Babe! Grab the demo and pop on the demo server! Even though the single player mode only has a limited number of weapons, you can try out some of other stock weapons online like the nuke, wasps, mass driver cruise missle!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 30, 2002 03:16 PM            
You're right Babe..we don't think they are all like that.Just a few of them.If you stick around in TM you'll see that we are a close community unlike any other game.We all know each other.There is just no way of avoiding having people like that we you have tons of people that play the game.
If you wanna download a movie of TM in action just follow the link in Kevlar's sig and download the Sunday DDM movie.Most of your guys are more than welcome to come here.

Its good to see that some tried out the movie Kev

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 30, 2002 03:24 PM            
Have you noticed that this thread s mostly DNX based since babes post - that's cos wer'e cool - check the sig bro

And like coax said - if ur cool, ur welcome

------------------

code:

.---. .-----------
/ \ __ / ------
/ / \( )/ ----- -=[ Π Ρ X C L A N ]=-
////// ' \/ ` ---
//// / // : : --- DEATHMATCH FEDERATION
// / / /` '--
// //..\\
=============UU====UU==== (―`·.Έ.(( WWW. DNXWORLD .COM )).Έ.·΄―)
'//| |\\`
''``
_____ ____ ___ ____ __ _______ ___ __ ___ ___
__ / ___/_ _/\ / |/_ | / /\ /_ __ \ /_ | / /\ | |/ /\ __
/ /\ / /\\\ / /\\ / /| |\/ / /\ \/ /\ / /\ / / /\ > < \ / /\
\\\ / /____/ /___ / ___ |/ /| /\ / /__/ /\ / /| /\ / - |\ \\\
\____/______//_/\ |_|_/ |_/\ /______-\ /_/\|_/\ /__/\/__/
\\\\\ \\\\\\ \\ \\\\ \\ \\\\\\\\ \\\ \\ \\\\ \\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 30, 2002 03:58 PM            
Looks like the day at hand for Tanarus will be tomorrow when they implement their Pay2Play mode. Guess we could expect an influx of players within a few days...

IP:

JeepChick
posted April 30, 2002 04:36 PM            
I, like Babe, hope that you guys don't just dismiss us because we come from Tanny. My decision to not pay has nothing to do with wanting stuff for free. Tanny is an old game that hasn't had a lot of changes in the past years. As it looks like you guys have, there is a community in Tanny and yes there are a LOT of silliness, but I think it comes from so many people. I am looking forward to trying out your game and will be happy to buy it if it looks like it will fill the Tanny hole. I am looking forward to seeing you guys in Tread Marks... JeepChick
and oh yeah.. I am confused... can I try it out before I buy it or not????

[This message has been edited by JeepChick (edited April 30, 2002).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 30, 2002 05:03 PM            
Sure here is the demo.

TM_16_Demo.exe

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2