|
Author Topic:   VIRUS WARNING
=DNX= Matrix
posted April 28, 2002 12:20 PM            
Normally id put this in the general forum, but it needs immidate attention.

6 of these sukkers hit my email box today - you need to either revert your drive or run the fix.

VIRUS NAME: W32.Kles.E@mm

Subject : LOOK AT MY BEAUTIFUL GIRLFRIEND
Subject : SPICE GIRLS VOCAL CONCERT

VIRUS Infomation http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.e@mm.html

FIX http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.removal.tool.html

--------

This just hit my email box 6 times - if you have a revert facility then go back to before you got the virus - if not i suggest running the fix

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 28, 2002 04:46 PM            
I know about 5 people (of the 40) in my dorm that have gotten Klez...nasty little thing.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 28, 2002 11:49 PM            
Errr, what is it... (pokes it with a VERY long branch offa tree)

Is it alive?

IP:

Bob
posted April 29, 2002 01:41 AM         
Had 2 emailed to me just yesterday. 1 was W32/Klez.gen@mm, didn't scan the other one. First claimed to be a program i had asked for, the second was supposed to be a new game. McAfee cought them both and deleted them. First bugs i've ever recieved.

A good protion of a clan im for another game have received some of the varients. Prevented one of them from runing any virus programs or anything else to stop it once it got loose.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 29, 2002 08:37 AM            
Its amazing how useful a bad mail program is. I'm using Netscape 6.2 built in mail reader. NS6.2 is so bad with mime types it tries to load autorunning viruses into my text editor! I don't even have a virus scan running on my e-mail becuase of that...haven't caught a virus yet, and had about 20 mailed to me in the past month and promptly deleted - LOL.

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 29, 2002 05:34 PM            
Heeheheheheh, I use pegasus..... anyone here use pine like I do for 'nix..... if ANYONE could nail that sucker with a virus... so be it the world is at an end.... LOL

IP: