|
Author Topic:   Win XP Video card Issues?
ronb
posted April 27, 2002 11:30 AM         
I recently upgraded my machines to WinXP. Both have Voodoo3 cards by 3DFx. One is PCI and the other is AGP. I updated drivers (3rd party as 3DFx is defunct)and most things seem to be OK. DXDiag works fine (running DirectX 8) and so does Unreal Tournament. However Treadmarks will not run on the machine with the AGP card. When I try to run Hardware 3d open GL it just drops back to the desktop- no error message or anything. GLSsetup doesn't support XP. Any hints that I can try? The machine is an ASUS P2b running a PIII 450 with 384 MB RAM.

------------------
ronb

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 27, 2002 01:38 PM            
Voodoo 3 cards need a product called "WickedGL" to run treadmarks - get it at www.dmf.filetap.com - treadmarks page utilities section.

hope that helps.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 27, 2002 04:31 PM            
Well I don't know that you need WickedGL to run TM on a V3.I had one and ran it ok with reg drivers.Wicked does help where normal miniGL drivers won't...don't know why it just does.

IP:

ronb
posted April 27, 2002 04:44 PM         
I tried the WickedGL Demo and it doesn't seem to help. It DOES get me through the 3DFx splash screen (wasn't, before) and then tells me that it is a demo, but then I get dumped back to the desktop.

------------------
ronb

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 27, 2002 08:31 PM            
Well, hmm voodoo screens typically overlay if they are used in conjunction with another vid card. If this is the case run them both in the same res/depth - if not, soon as you see the first screen, press F8 and whack the sukker into a window, see if that gets you past the error.

IP:

King John 1st
posted April 27, 2002 09:23 PM            
I believe Nvidia made microsoft take out the Voodoo 3d support for XP, although the 2d side should be ok! It seems they want you to buy a new card instead , however there is another driver that will run Treadmarks in XP and it's a third party Voodoo driver called Hoe, it worked fine for me before I upgraded, hope it helps.

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted May 02, 2002 07:24 PM            
I can't say anything for Windows XP, but I have Voodoo 3 cards in my computer, my gaming spare, and my son's computer. (They were the best thing I could get 3 of inexpensively for the sake of compatibility, and standardization)
They run fine with Windows 95, and 98. I use the latest 3dfx driver that came out before the 3dfx site went down. It works perfectly with all OpenGL and Direct X games I have.
There is a site called voodoofiles.com that has an archive of Voodoo drivers on it, and it is probably the best place to start.
[BWL]mELONcRACKER

IP: