This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   New people
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 27, 2002 04:18 AM            
Been many new people on the servers.They are either new or some regulars decided to go incognito.I've seen at least 10 new names I have never seen before and they look like newbies and most say they are new when I ask them.
Anyway...lets make a special effort to play more so these people see a reason for buying the game.And if you are retired and just talk here try to dust off the spurs and play for a week or two.I ask that of everybody not just the people that rarely play anymore.I guess I should make a time for people to try to get on....evenings are a good time.I usually play around 11est when I get off work and wind down a bit.I think most people play about the same time.Usually several on LDA when I join...of course they are the same few people I see everynight at that time.Lets have a Sunday DDM amount of people play most nights for a week or two.And if you want me to try to get when when most are on leave ICQ on and I'll buzz you.
And if you see them talk to them and point them here.

IP:

[SF]Magician
posted April 27, 2002 10:20 AM            
And you guys are going to get a LOT more coming... I'm downloading the game right now. I'm coming from Tanarus, another online tank game run by Sony. It used to be free, but now the Nazis at Sony are going to make it P2P. The word is going to start spreading that there's another free tank combat game out there....

IP:

kv
posted April 27, 2002 10:28 AM            
um... treadmarks isn't free.

IP:

Vlad
posted April 27, 2002 11:54 AM            
It may cost to purchase it, but I believe Tanarus is moving to a monthly fee, like Everquest.

I know I'll personally never understand paying a monthly bill for a game. Hopefully the newbies we get will be the good kind, and not the "whine about not being able to adjust turret height and abuse the death wish" type.

IP:

TBI-KT
posted April 27, 2002 12:24 PM            
I may be a newbie to multi play but im not new to the game iv been playing for 3 years off and on and it still isnt boring. I get on around 5:30-6:30GMT.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 27, 2002 01:51 PM            
The world is going mad, you buy your computer, you buy the game, you buy the controller needed, you buy your internet connection you get online and you have to buy again !!

sorry but this chump will NEVER pay to play. Im ok upto getting online - but enough is enough dont you think ? gamers are gettin creamed the world over ! no wonder corporations are rich as frig.

IP:

Irascible
posted April 27, 2002 02:26 PM            
Hmmm... let's see. Servers cost money. Bandwidth costs money. Money costs money. Either they get the money through the sale of the game only - which is dubious because (depending on the game of course) the use of the servers can go on for years while the sales of the game steadily decreases. Or, they can get it through montly fees which actually reflect usage.

Both are valid business models. Neither reflect any sort of corruption. You may not like the fact that business exists to make money. That's your right. But it's is a fact (oh my, aren't they so horrible...). To condemn them for making a buck would be like my condemning you for insisting on getting paid for the work you do for your customers or your boss.

It would be like saying: "I buy the car. I buy the insurance. I buy the gas. I pay for repairs. I'm OK up to that point - but enough is enough don't you think? I will not pay taxes to build those roads!!! Drivers are getting creamed the world over! No wonder the government is so rich."
The funny part about that analogy is that drivers are getting creamed... but, of course, not by road building.

Ah yes, I feel a flame fest coming on from the freeloader flock. Feel free to flame away fellows.

IP:

kv
posted April 27, 2002 02:56 PM            
quote:
I'm downloading the game right now

treadmarks isn't free, servers are, game costs money.

Please buy treadmarks if you intend to play it.

IP:

guido 1
posted April 27, 2002 03:41 PM         
who in their right mind would make TM available for download ???? I share mp3 files only on winmx . this could be a REAL problem guy's . And here i am ready to pay for the next version of TM .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 27, 2002 04:28 PM            
Ok...getting back on topic.......talk to the newbies...play more

IP:

Irascible
posted April 27, 2002 04:30 PM            
LOL Captain! So stealing music is OK but not computer games...

(Uh oh. Not only have I had the audacity to suggest that charging for a service is OK - now I've implied that commercially sold music should be paid for. What have I done?!?! Where are your flames Freddie Freeloader?)

IP:

Irascible
posted April 27, 2002 04:32 PM            
Right... sorry Supe... ahem:
"Talk to the players and play with the noobs."
Wait, that didn't sound right.

IP:

A2597
posted April 27, 2002 04:52 PM            
just for the record...
I do a search for treadmarks weekly on Kazaa, never found it. if I ever do, I'll be sure to post the creeps kazaa name.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

JVortex
posted April 27, 2002 05:34 PM            
quote:
So stealing music is OK but not computer games...

no, its stealing Tread Marks thats not OK .

you guys want to see something thattl really tick you off? there is a something on Kazaa that bugs me because its there. im not gonna get specific for what i hope to be obvious reasons. but some of you will figure out what im talking about im sure. ive tried asking the users of these files to not share them and got a foot in the face for the most part, but one guy said that he would no longer be sharing the file. so theres a small plus! .

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP:

A2597
posted April 27, 2002 07:55 PM            
It's called "Filters"

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 27, 2002 08:26 PM            
Allow me to rephrase for you ras.... if treads were to go "pay to play" would you pay, or would you look for another game that didn't charge ?

a simple yes or no will suffice, tho i do agree with your car analogy. Btw, if you say "no, i'd find another game", please say why

** AND THATS WHEN IT HITS YOU **

IP:

posted April 27, 2002 09:29 PM            
Irascible, don't you remember talking to me for a whole game. You are part of the reason why I joined a clan because you said that Supe was a good player. That's why I'm at DNX.
I myself have been talking to some of the new players and telling them about the green names (teammates) they should not shoot at and about spawn fragging. It kind of fun chatting with the newbies.

IP:

Irascible
posted April 27, 2002 09:30 PM            
And that's when it hits me? NOT.

I would not play if I had to pay for server space. But that is my decision. It's called a market economy. I'm sure you've heard of it. The seller can offer whatever they want at whatever price and I get to choose to buy or not. Force them to sell it too cheap and they go out of business. If they choose to sell it for more than people will pay then they go out of business. It's all good.

I would choose not to buy right now because the market is so full of free stuff still. If that changed then maybe I would pay. And BTW, it is changing in case you haven't noticed. The bubble has busted and more and more stuff is actually being paid for by the consumer and not the investor... *gasp*... who would of thought it? The consumer acutally paying for product! Nooooooo.....

So if you want to attack them for a bad marketing decision, then go right ahead. But the problem I have is when people get the idea that they have a "right" to something at someone else's expense. And your tone suggested such a belief, though I may have misinterpreted. So correct me if I'm wrong.

IP:

Irascible
posted April 27, 2002 09:37 PM            
I said Supe was a good player??? That's a lie and you know it!!!
I probably said he was the devil himself and being impressed you took on his namesake.
Yeah, I think I remember. I hope you didn't get the impression I was suggesting we not talk to noobs. I've said hi to the fresh meat on many occasions. That's part of the reason I was sucked in.

BTW Matrix,
If it was cheap enough I would pay even now. If it was too expensive then I probably wouldn't play anything at all. TM is the ONLY game I have ever played online. Again, it's their right to charge and my right to pay or not.

IP:

guido 1
posted April 27, 2002 09:41 PM         
The mp3 files that i download are in a shared folder , that anyone on winmx can then download . I don't buy music , and then share it , as others may do . sorry Irritable , you can flame for both of us , your better at it ....... hehehehhe .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

guido 1
posted April 27, 2002 09:48 PM         
Fresh meat !!!!!! I hope the new players get to see what Irritable calls them BEFORE he tries to recruit them .... LMAO ..... your a real piece of work bud . please continue with your wonderful descriptions of humanity .

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 27, 2002 11:30 PM            
Everything in life should be free except Tread Marks. I use to talk to Irascible all the time, nearly begged him everynight to talk on the bboard. Even convinced him to join LWA

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

guido 1
posted April 28, 2002 12:25 AM         
what can ya say Coax , people change . BTW alot of new names on the LDA server tonight . some of them keep shooting there own team , maybe don't know the diff yet . when they do that to me i get a mass driver and teach them right from wrong ... LOL .

------------------

IP:

Irascible
posted April 28, 2002 12:44 AM            
People change Guido??? Not in my case. I am as constant as the north star, as predictable as the sunrise, as obstinate as a bull moose in heat.

Wait... scratch that last one...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 28, 2002 03:45 AM            
Ok..who is playing on the servers with something other than their TM given name?
I KNOW some of these names are not new people by the way they play.What do you have to hide?

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3