|
Author Topic:   Video Cards
tbalazs
posted April 24, 2002 03:19 AM         
Please can someone tell me whether the game will work with a Rage 128 Pro Video card and if so, what drivers I need.

The game will not load on my 95 machine.

Thanks.
Tony.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 24, 2002 04:34 AM            
Thanks for popping by the forums. Did you get the retail package? I believe it will state what video cards it will support.

It should be on the side of the box.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 24, 2002 07:42 AM            
Here's the games manual - hope this helps:
http://www.treadmarks.com/docs/readme.html

------------------

code:

.---. .-----------
/ \ __ / ------
/ / \( )/ ----- -=[ X C L A N ]=-
////// ' \/ ` ---
//// / // : : --- DEATHMATCH FEDERATION
// / / /` '--
// //..\\
=============UU====UU==== (`..(( WWW. DNXWORLD .COM ))..)
'//| |\\`
''``
_____ ____ ___ ____ __ _______ ___ __ ___ ___
__ / ___/_ _/\ / |/_ | / /\ /_ __ \ /_ | / /\ | |/ /\ __
/ /\ / /\\\ / /\\ / /| |\/ / /\ \/ /\ / /\ / / /\ > < \ / /\
\\\ / /____/ /___ / ___ |/ /| /\ / /__/ /\ / /| /\ / - |\ \\\
\____/______//_/\ |_|_/ |_/\ /______-\ /_/\|_/\ /__/\/__/
\\\\\ \\\\\\ \\ \\\\ \\ \\\\\\\\ \\\ \\ \\\\ \\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

IP:

peeeto
posted April 24, 2002 09:54 AM         
hmmm... i know that TM will not run on video cards based on the ATI Rage Pro, but i'm not sure about the ATI 128... i think that somebody around here (Kaeto?) used to have a Rage128 card & liked it...

try the latest drivers from ATI's website: ATI Rage 128 PRO Driver Summary. be sure to install these drivers PROPERLY - this usually means (i think) that you have to remove the video card from the windowz device manager (not actually remove the card - yet - but remove it from windows). then, shut down - it sometimes helps to physically remove the card at this point and then re-insert it (so that the motherboard's plug-and-play detects it as a new device). then boot the PC. PNP will usually detect the "new" hardware - but only install the VGA graphics device (will force your screen to be in 16 color mode, 640x480 resolution). THEN install the new drivers. after installing, reboot the PC. carefully review the instructions and look for any FAQs on ATI's website.

another option is to check out GLSetup. download the installation software from there & run locally, or use GLSetup over the net (i recommend download & run locally). this utility should install the best opengl drivers - read any FAQs or instructions carefully!

oops - did you say that your running windows 95? if so, i'm afraid that you may be out of luck, unless you've upgraded to Win95 OSR2... according to info on the GLSetup webite regarding the ATI Rage 128, "The Rage 128 drivers do not run (or even boot) on the original version of Windows95. They do run on Win95 OSR2 and Win98."

best of luck to you! hope to see you on the battlefield!

IP:

peeeto
posted April 24, 2002 10:03 AM         
p.s. both GLSetup.com and ATI's websites say that you need DirectX 7, and maybe even DirectX 8, for the video drivers... what version does your PC have currently?

also, it sometimes helps to have more info on your system to help us help you:
-what operating system and version?
-model & brand of video card
-how much RAM in your system?
-etc...

IP:

tbalazs
posted April 26, 2002 06:00 AM         
Running GLSetup worked brilliantly. Tank you! (Pun intended).
Tony.

IP:

peeeto
posted April 26, 2002 11:42 AM         
awesome - glad to hear it!

IP: