|
Author Topic:   TM Mod Picker
wolfman
posted April 22, 2002 11:50 AM            
Need help [be nice now] lol - I have downloaded TM Mod Picker from DMF and elsewhere and loaded it into the TM folder yadda yadda just like it says and it won't recognize any addons what so ever - even stock weapons etc. Help - I am at a complete loss as to what to do. Thanks

------------------
Anarchists of the world unite and organize ;) And you too can be a militant pacifist!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 22, 2002 01:31 PM            
Im not aware of an update to the mod picker, but mysterials email is the highlighted text next to the download icon : its mysterial6@home.com

Hope this helps.

------------------

code:

.---. .-----------
/ \ __ / ------
/ / \( )/ ----- -=[ X C L A N ]=-
////// ' \/ ` ---
//// / // : : --- DEATHMATCH FEDERATION
// / / /` '--
// //..\\
=============UU====UU==== (`..(( WWW. DNXWORLD .COM ))..)
'//| |\\`
''``
_____ ____ ___ ____ __ _______ ___ __ ___ ___
__ / ___/_ _/\ / |/_ | / /\ /_ __ \ /_ | / /\ | |/ /\ __
/ /\ / /\\\ / /\\ / /| |\/ / /\ \/ /\ / /\ / / /\ > < \ / /\
\\\ / /____/ /___ / ___ |/ /| /\ / /__/ /\ / /| /\ / - |\ \\\
\____/______//_/\ |_|_/ |_/\ /______-\ /_/\|_/\ /__/\/__/
\\\\\ \\\\\\ \\ \\\\ \\ \\\\\\\\ \\\ \\ \\\\ \\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

IP:

wolfman
posted April 22, 2002 05:55 PM            
Appreciate the help. Must of been screwing something up - i.e. my firewall or virus shield when loading. Got it to work now and have put up a server using it. thanks again

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted April 22, 2002 07:32 PM            
Well I have installed it several times and still cannot get it to work. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it is loaded in the TM base directory and it gives me absolutely nothing.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 22, 2002 09:37 PM            
What happen to ol' Mysterial anyway?

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 22, 2002 09:39 PM            
Maybe hes on holiday. Sailor, the one that didnt work was bugged which he fixed quickly and put a new one out - grab it from DMF again. Works for me

IP:

Mysterial
posted April 26, 2002 06:53 AM            
I'm still around. Been quite busy (school and all). My email's now mysterial@comcast.net (@Home fiasco caused that), I'll update it in the prog's readme when I release a new version, which should happen soon.

Any feature requests?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 26, 2002 07:30 AM            
good to hear from you mysterial..... ill get the info changed on dmf today. Requests - hmm goto the treadmarks page at www.dmf.filetap.com and scroll down till you see the article on your ModPicker program - theres an adjoining article with working form based example that may interest you.

IP:

Mysterial
posted April 26, 2002 02:44 PM            
Does anyone know the commandline switches or whatever the launcher passes? If so, I might be able to add the appropriate buttons and such so that the Mod Picker can completely skip it and go right in to the game.

IP:

Vlad
posted April 26, 2002 03:45 PM            
Are you referring to the Treadmarks launcher that comes up when you run Treadmarks.exe? All that does is allow you to select between the other two .exe files, TM.exe (OpenGL treadmarks), and TMVoodoo.exe (Voodoo 1/2 compatible TM). You can just run either one of those other exe files to skip the launcher.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 26, 2002 03:48 PM            
Well thanks to a thread in the mod forum from BamZipPow, I now bypass the lengthy startup splash screens and go straight to the menu. He found a command that bypasses the intro at least.

IP:

Mysterial
posted April 27, 2002 06:02 PM            
Vlad, I know, but at the very least it must have a command line option for a dedicated server, which I need to know.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 27, 2002 07:29 PM            
Mysterial,
To run the command line option for the TM.exe, you would execute "TM.exe dedicated.cfg". I've made a shortcut on my desktop to fire up my soccer server without any other interactions from myself.

If you have separate server configurations, just rename the configuration file for that server type. For example, for my soccer server I created a soccer.cfg file and run it with the command line of "TM.exe soccer.cfg". Works like a charm everytime!

Hope that's what you were looking for...
I'm still going through the rest of the commands that I found. Will let you know what I find works and where to put them...

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited April 27, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 28, 2002 06:01 AM            
Looks like the command line parameter to use an IP address isn't working right. Even though I'm putting in the IP address in the command line, it's connecting to the last server I played on. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. According to the changes.txt file, LDA added code to accept the IP:port being passed to the TM.exe file. Does anyone know what that command line syntax is? I've been trying this "TM.exe 63.196.104.134:12300" and all it gets me is the last server I connected to...not the one I've specified.

I know it should work as the TM Master Client does pass on the IP:port to TM.exe. So what gives? Hmmm....

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited April 29, 2002).]

IP:

Mysterial
posted April 28, 2002 06:56 PM            
Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Next version will be able to skip the launcher and go right into the game (or server).

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 28, 2002 08:34 PM            
Coolness Mysterial!

I'm working on rebuilding the EEK file into something more manageable (like Excel) with cross references to each command. I'm going to include the stuff for the config, dedicated, and registry files.

After that, I'll start working in the new commands I've found and see where they fit in. Hopefully my spreadsheet will give you just about all the info you could use to understand TreadMarks and how to mod for it.

IP:

Mysterial
posted May 05, 2002 09:53 AM            
The new version is done, download it here.

IP: