This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   DDM Sunday Movie
Kevlar
posted April 21, 2002 04:16 PM            
Well here is the movie for last Sunday's DDM. Those of you that were there will recognize "The Crater"

I think you will like the music choice too.

I made some cool special effects this week but I will use them on tonight's DDM. Looking forward to the Storm Sunday.

DDM - Movie 04-14-2002 30MB

------------------
TM-Central

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited April 21, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted April 22, 2002 01:57 PM            
nice opening! and it's good to see super flying off.

I've been playing around with an opening and used "bullets" by creed - just the opening music along with "I think they shoot because they wanna" and a few seconds after that.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 22, 2002 03:34 PM            
Sounds cool, when will it be ready?

Every week I have been opening it with someone who ends up sailing over my head via mass driver, usually. Last movie it was King John, this one is Supe'. Last night's DDM was either Sailor or Melon Cracker, can't remember, went over my head and I caught it on tape, so I will open next movie with that one. Also somebody killed me in mid air last night, that will be a good one.

I've been collecting a lot of music, especially from that movie music thread you started one time. But I ran across "Bad to the Bone" and thought man that's perfect.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 23, 2002 03:35 PM            
Nother kick a$$ movie

IP:

John B.
posted April 24, 2002 12:28 AM         
Nice, I'll have to remember to let Kev frag me a lot so I can have some better shots in the movie......

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 24, 2002 03:53 AM            
Wow, I was all over that movie. It's so easy to spot out the zodiac tank with the peace flag, out of all those steel tanks. Showed a better side of my playing

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 24, 2002 01:44 PM            
I want to show the flick to local game distributors and then ask them how many copies of TM I can put them down for. You have a lot of talent at filming Kevlar.

Hehe, I got 2 cameos, you can't beat that.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 24, 2002 03:53 PM            
Yeah, coax I got a couple more of you this past Sundays (4/21/02). Your right that big blue zodiac is easy to spot. Got one of you lobbing a nuke right past the camera, (I was already killed so my tank wasn't in the way)

I go for the "cool shot" and not necessarily the "kill shot". Every time I get fragged I have 20 seconds or so to film at the "press fire" screen, without my tank in the way (and I removed the press fire text from mine). If I die in a crowd these are usually the best shots. Someone ends up driving right thru the shot.

So, here's a hint, if you witness me die, chances are I am still filming you. So if you drive right thru or past the spot I died, that's usually an automatic guarantee of being filmed. That or if I witness someone pop you with a mass driver... you're in there. Those are the shots that will attract ppl to the game.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 24, 2002 07:36 PM            
I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO DISTRUBUTE THE MOVIES TO SOME COOL PLACES BUT LIKE PARANOR SAID,YOU HAVE COPYRIGHTED SONGS AND LDA WOULD HAVE TO CONSENT.I'M SURE LDA WOULDN'T CARE BUT THE SONG MIGHT BE ANOTHER MATTER IF IT GOES SOMEPLACE THAT GETS A LOT OF HITS.DO WE HAVE ANY MUSICIANS HERE THAT HAVE COPIES OF THEIR MUSIC?I PLAY SOMETIMES IN A LOCAL COLLEGE BAND WHEN THEIR GUITAR PLAYERS CAN'T MAKE IT.I HAVE TWICE ANYWAY.THEY ARE REALLY GOOD AND WRITE THEIR OWN MUSIC.THEY ACTUALLY MIGHT MAKE IT PRETTY BIG.THEY ARE GETTING PAID LOTS OF MONEY RIGHT NOW TO TOUR ACROSS THE COUNTRY PLAYING AT CAMPUSES.ANYWAY...I COULD SEE IF I CAN GET SOME COPIES OF THEIR MUSIC AND WE CAN ADD IT TO THE MOVIES SO WE CAN FREELY DISTRUBUTE THEM TO WHOEVER WE WANT WITHOUT WORRY OF SOMEONE CALLING UP ASKING ABOUT ROYALTIES THAT ARE DUE THEM.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 24, 2002 09:52 PM            
As far as that goes I could do some or even redo a movie with music from the TM music folder. Then it would be completely legit.

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 24, 2002 09:55 PM            
Thats a great idea too. But, the songs you have right now are really cool also

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 24, 2002 10:24 PM            
Didn't think about TM music.That would be even better.Yeah coax I like the music now but you wouldn't be able to send it to gaming sites with copyright music that you don't have permission to use..

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 24, 2002 10:49 PM            
I don't think I said don't use the copyrighted music.

I don't think you said that I said use the copyrighted music.

I think we all think that we didn't think anything that everone else already was not thinking.

If your wondering why I'm posting like this, it's because Ras has me defending multi-dimensional arguments over at the General bboard.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 24, 2002 11:27 PM            
you should be ok using that music... youre not charging for it, not profiting, not providing a soundtrack and not on the lda payroll.

Ppl worry too much in my opinion. If i thought for one second i be in trouble from atari, activision, pandemic, team evolve and others i woudnt be making the bz mod.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 25, 2002 01:09 AM            
Wait until I turn you in for a hefty reward
Sure...you're not doing anything big when you do it but when you start plastering it everywhere then you MAY run into problems.The goal is to get people to buy the game so I guess a profit could be made from it non-directly.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited April 25, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 25, 2002 10:43 AM            
Cant speak for the pop band that did "bad to the bone" but activision have sold the rights to bz, when looking at the game 3do decided to sell them on again, and again and again and now theyre back at atari. BZ is a dead game with no official support structure, and all thats left are generally hackers and a few stragglers. Team Evolve's Red Odyssey died a long time ago, so although they didnt release the models and skins to me, they pointed me at activision - sorted there. With BZ2 it has about as much activity or less than treads does and theres been so many copies, clones, mods etc i i dont think they care - one of their staff even released lucasarts copyright models in the gamecode by accident lol - no problems. In general ive had good help and support all round since I started the mod from both treadheads and bz modding community so i think im safe ~ ~ ~ ~ the only ppl i havent spoken with is atari themselves, i tried, but i was directed at a call centre LOL thats how much they care about a 30 yr old license.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 25, 2002 03:58 PM            
Didn't Activision® make the BZ® game that came out several years ago.I man the updated not the classic.Activision® is to gaming what MS® is to OS's Try putting the Microsoft® symbol on your mod and deliver it to the masses ®

IP:

MexIndian
posted April 26, 2002 12:21 PM            
Guys, don't you see Super is trying to plug his band there?

Yeah, supe, I vote for your friend's soundtrack.

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 26, 2002 02:34 PM            
Nah...I really wasn't And I wish I had a band

IP:

Teulk
posted April 26, 2002 03:27 PM            
How do I go about viewing these movies anyway? I tried to download the divx codec and then the movie, but my system wasn't going for it. Do I need another specific program to run these movies??

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 26, 2002 03:36 PM            
Download the codec, unzip it and run the file "Register_Divx.exe".

Then when you double click on the movie it will play.

EDIT:
You may also want to right click and save the movie to your hard drive and then play it, instead of streaming it.

------------------
TM-Central

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited April 26, 2002).]

IP:

Teulk
posted April 26, 2002 03:52 PM            
Muchas Gracias

IP:

Teulk
posted April 26, 2002 04:32 PM            
Watched the movie..was great!! Only one problem...the WMP took over all my audio and video files. Is there a way to isolate the WMP so it only plays the movies that you have made, or do I need to keep it with the rest of my stuff. The only reason I ask is because I don't find the sound quality to be as good (unless, of course, I need to do some "tweaking" on my own--and that hasn't seemed to help)..but the picture was great...didn't see myself, but I figure I was being fragged most of the time anyway!!

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 26, 2002 04:35 PM            
I don't know what version you have but, on the menu under Tool | Options | look for
the Format tab and uncheck audio, etc.

EDIT:
Oh by the way, that sound file in the movie did not have the best sound quality. So, that is not Windows Media Player's fault it was the sound file. It happened after compiling the movie and I never went back and check the audio compression config.

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited April 26, 2002).]

IP:

Teulk
posted April 26, 2002 04:56 PM            
I understand that (about the sound quality), but the thing is, with the regular media player I have, all my audio is perfect, but when the Winamp takes over, the quality goes right down the toilet, and I don't quite understand why..but the movies were great ( I watched two out of the three)..amazing that you can do that while actually playing..heck, I can't even play when I'm playing!!

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2