This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   New Thread for BrainStorm
wolfman
posted April 18, 2002 08:23 PM            
The other one has gotten way too long. So far have done 1 mod - a hyped up grendade launcher. I will illiterate when it came to all this so if I can do it anyone can lol

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 18, 2002 11:04 PM            
Good.
Now does somebody want to explain step by step what you do when you have your modding done and you want to create a zip.Don't assume that people know already.I have never used Entegrity before and I'm sure others are the same.I want everyone to feel comfortable doing it and not to be confused.
If you still don't know anything about modding ask Vlad for a copy of his tutorial or maybe somebody would be kind enough to host it(I deleted mine or I would)
Mods are due a week from this Sudnay..roughly.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 18, 2002 11:30 PM            
ENTegrety is very easy to use.

When you open it, it looks for the Addons/entities/weapons folder.

Select the weapon ent file that you want to ENTegrefy and click Open. It does the rest. It will start chasing down all the related files, sounds and art that go with your weapon. It will show images of your bmp's and it will play your sounds as it reads them in the ent files.

If you mispelled something or have an ent error it will let you know when it finished scanning. Keep fixing the errors until it says zero errors. Yellow warnings are ok you technically don't have to fix yellow warning messages, just the red text errors.

If all is well at the end it will ask if you want to zip the file. It zips it and puts the correct directory structure in the zip.

It about that easy.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 18, 2002 11:33 PM            
PS You need Winzip installed, too.

And also... it usually tells you what needs to be fixed when it finishes scanning.

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited April 18, 2002).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 18, 2002 11:52 PM            
I've never used Entegrity so let me ask a question about it:

Can you use it to change the Type (and all links to the Type) of every entity in a mod? I have a mod that I want to modify for a level centerpeice but its huge (about 20 files) and I don't want to go through and change each one seperately. If Entegrity can do it, so much the better. And yes, I have the author's permission to use the mod . And I don't want to change override the actual weapon if someone also has that on the same mod package.

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited April 18, 2002).]

IP:

Rex R
posted April 19, 2002 01:20 AM            
"HUGE-20 Files or so", chuckle. sorry, found that amusing(specially after chasing down an error in a mod that had close to 100 ents). you can set ENTegrety to clean as you go... haven't tried that so don't know how well it works(doubt thats what you're looking for though)

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 19, 2002 08:29 AM            
Well...actually its not 20 ent - I was just giving a rough guess. Its actually 58 entities of which 18 are Projectiles and over 20 are spewers.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 19, 2002 11:36 AM            
Hey wolfman, I got your HypedUp Grenade Launcher posted in the weapons sso master and in the single sso downloads.

I have not yet put it in the New Mods Section yet. I still have to make the preview movie.

Weapons Menu

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

wolfman
posted April 20, 2002 02:49 AM            
Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 20, 2002 03:52 AM            
So to make a summary for some of you guys that are slow to catch on You are to make at least one mod.Whether it be weapons,tanks,maps,music...ect.That mod can simply be a modification of something that is stock and in the TM directory already.Thats what I plan to do since I'm not a hardcore modder.For those of you that don't have the slightest idea how to start just email Vlad and ask for a copy of his tutorial.You'll get the basics of modding in a few minutes.
You are to create a new name for this mod and to put you name in with the mod name so people can know who did it just by looking.
Once I get everyones' submissions I'll make one big zip of it and hopefully someone will host it.Should be pretty cool.I know some of you guys have good imiginations and it will be cool to see what you come up with.
Right now my email is down and the techies can't figure out whats up.If its not up in the next couple of days I'll just give everyone my username and pass for the FTP I use and you can just upload.For right now just hold on to them and hopefully my email will be back up soon.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 20, 2002 10:22 AM            
Well if you would like Supe' you can send me the zips and I will make sure they are ENTegrefied and post them. I am going to end up posting them anyway in the Weapons by Author Area and the Tanks Area.

I can even make a "Community Mod Pack" Page with single downloads by author and a link to the full pack.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 20, 2002 04:20 PM            
Perfectly fine with me Why not just skip the middleman and go right to you?All I have right now are a few maps.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 20, 2002 04:24 PM            
That would be fine, I have Rex's and Kongs and Wolfmans mods already. So send what you have and everyone can send them to me from now on and I will make a mod download page especially for the Community Pack.

IP:

Rex R
posted April 28, 2002 09:25 PM            
right its April 28, so where are the mods?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 28, 2002 11:40 PM            
Yeppers...start sending them to Kevlar.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 29, 2002 02:59 PM            
Bump!

I will post a Community Mod Page by tomorrow that will list the author name and a link next to the name for single download of Weapon, Tank or Map.

And at the bottom of the page a download for the full pack when it is complete.

Supe' did you have some that you need to send my way?

So far I have:
Rex's (Guided Missile, Camaro Tank)
Kong's (Blockbuster and Trojan weapons)
King Tiger's (New tank Arlo)
Wolfman's (HypedUp Grenades)
And mine of couse (Holy H. Grenade)

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 29, 2002 03:37 PM            
Kevlar,

Will send you the tanks from the soccer mod. It will include the Soccerball, Poolballs (16), and Mother Earth.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 29, 2002 03:56 PM            
On the way Kev..

Oh come on people...don't tell me only a few people took this seriously.After we keep reminding you guys and gave you tons of time to do anything.Names will be on the mods so EVERYBODY will now who did what and who did nothing.
The good thing is there isn't some deadline so its not too late.We can leave it open for a little while longer.****Modding a stock weapon is easy people and only takes a few minutes****.
If you don't know anything about modding email me and I'll send you Vlad's modding tutorial.Its basic modding and only takes 10 minutes to go through the tutorial,which has examples and you actually get to modify the plasma cannon in the tutorial.Email me if you need the tutorial...or Vlad.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 29, 2002 04:23 PM            
Ok BZP.

I got those maps Supe (Kong & Sailor's)

I should have a page up by tonight listing what we have so far.

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 29, 2002 05:31 PM            
Last week was finals and three big essays.... sorry, but I couldn't do anything..... I wish I could've.... otherwise I'd have finished some good stuff... but I did make a guild mod for teaching and I have the height map for a training course.... could I send those in and you work our a new training map?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 29, 2002 09:12 PM            
I sent mine to Sailor yesterday - I made a map specifically for the TRON tanks - should be up by now.

IP:

KONG
posted April 29, 2002 09:16 PM            
map server is down for reconfiguration. please stand by...

IP:

KONG
posted April 29, 2002 09:34 PM            
workin now, I think?

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 29, 2002 09:42 PM            
Good Matrix I just d'loaded it. I guess I should make sure the Tron tanks are in the Community Pack as well?

IP:

kv
posted April 29, 2002 10:02 PM            
kev, just sent you my mod.

simple change to the cruise missle.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2