|
Author Topic:   04/21 DDM - STORM ADD-ON PACK
Paranor
posted April 16, 2002 01:31 PM            
irascible has been doing a great job reminding everyone to get the program or have it shipped to them. you do not want to miss this program!

Anywho - 04/21 DDM is STORM RACER. Can I get a BOOYA!

I've never done a STORM RACER server for more than 2 people. So I need some *simple* input.

RACE or DDM?
What maps?

JVORTEX - any weapons that I should remove for on-line playing?

------------------
-Everyone needs belief in something. I believe I'll play another map.
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here[IMG]http://www.karllois.com/images/misc/signature_glomund_and_logo_small.gif[/IMG]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 16, 2002 01:47 PM            
quote:
i have no problem at all w/ setting up a server, just remember to remove the boogie ball and terraformer. those 2 will cause a lot of lag and are intended for offline play only.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

MexIndian
posted April 16, 2002 01:53 PM            
BOOYA!!! BOOOOOOOOYA!!!

Race man! you kidding? You wouldn't use a pencil as a hammer would you?

Although that hummer...

------------------
Let go but be careful while Just Doing It without doing anything in excess.
But have fun!
And play TreadMarks, a game in which you get to frag (we call killing fragging on the online community cause it don't sound so bad)other tanks.

[This message has been edited by MexIndian (edited April 16, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 16, 2002 02:46 PM            
May i remind you that tm was created as a raceing game with the destruction element available.

Personally i'd love to see some nascar style races in storm. If we do DM itll wind up looking likr a twisted metal clone.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 16, 2002 02:50 PM            
There's a thought...maybe a Twisted Metal theme.

Is there anyway to make some maps races and the others DDM type?

IP:

JVortex
posted April 16, 2002 03:03 PM            
ya, what coax quoted me as saying are the 2 major things that need to be done when running a server. the other thing that comes to mind for running a server is to deactivate the 1940 Ford Coupe if you have previously unlocked it.

i dont really know aside from that since i havent heard a lot back yet on what else may cause lag in MP games. for a couple guesses tho if theres any lag problems:
1) decrease the time to live of the wheels and debris bits
2) removal of maps with bad clipping on the edges (like the Sailor map i think)
3) removal of the chameleon weapon (which would be a sad thing (since its designed for multiplayer) would remove 31 ent files from the synch

those are the 1st 3 things that come to mind offhand. other than that:

BOOOYAAHHH!!!!

hope you guys have been practicing with the SR physichs!

i cant wait to see how many people (if any) have learned to combine their weapons! takes some fuzzy thinking to get it down, but its a blast .

i dont know if id prefer race or DM for the matches. im open either way really. but if its to be a race game i vote to have the Criss Cross (Xcross.ved) and Road Trippin maps thrown in the rotation.

cant wait!

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP:

Paranor
posted April 16, 2002 07:46 PM            
OK, the first will be a race.

JVortex - I could really need more help on what to do. I like to keep it to 4 maps - 3 for DDM and one for the "Cool down" game.

And your notes sound good but I'll need someone else to figure that out. It's my daughters birthday this saturday so I'm booked inbetween now & then getting ready for it.

So, if anyone wants to e-mail me exacted detailed instructions and/or newer copies of the ENTS that I can just overwrite let me know. Otherwise, I'll have to do the best I can and pray to the SR god that it'll work.

IP:

JVortex
posted April 17, 2002 12:27 AM            
ok, heres the simple approach for a setup:

delete "BoogieBall.ent" located in:
Tread Marks 1.5\AddOns\Entities\Weapon

and then delete "Terraformer.ent" in:
Tread Marks 1.5\AddOns\Entities\Weapon
and there ya be .

im pretty certain you havent gone in and activated the ford coupe, so no worries there.

as to what maps to use? i dunno, i think im probably a little bit too partial to a couple of them that arent really all that good, hehe. so youll need to ask others there .

have fun at the party!

------------------
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.

IP:

Paranor
posted April 25, 2002 04:12 PM            
JV - is there a support pack or something other than what I can download from www.treadmarks.de/stormracer.zip?

IP:

Teulk
posted April 25, 2002 04:47 PM            
I wouldn't mind getting in on the SR thing this Sunday, but need a hand in what needs to be done to my TM to partake. I've downloaded the SR pack, however, I have no idea what to do with it, or, for that matter, where to put it (keep it clean, guys), so any info I can get before Sunday would be an enormous help. Sorry to play the cripple here, but I'm fairly incompetent at the PC side of things, but like to "play" when I can.......Thanks in advance

IP:

Irascible
posted April 25, 2002 06:27 PM            
Read the readme text file. It will point you to the installation instructions.

Or, if you want to do it the easy way (easy for me at least): Install a new instance of Tread Marks. Be sure to rename the folder it gets installed to. Apply LDA's update to that new instance. Then unzip Storm to that new folder. You should probably rename your original shortcuts to TM before installing the new instance so you'll know which is which.

IP:

Irascible
posted April 25, 2002 06:30 PM            
"Can I get a BOOYA!"

I'll give you your booya just as soon as I know what the heck it means!!!!!!

Bouyei, noun: a branch of the Tai languages

IP:

Teulk
posted April 25, 2002 10:15 PM            
OK, MR. Booya, am in the process of dldg the SR pack. Will I need to dld any of the other mods and addons for the TM game, or just leave this one alone, and let it work its own magic?? Any tips or info would be helpful...I'm unzipping into a clean install of TM (with the patches first, of course)...anything else needed??

IP:

KONG
posted April 25, 2002 10:19 PM            
read the readme file, it will point u to a html help file. this is after u unzip to a temporary folder. the help file will guide u through the install process. He did quite a good job on the help file

IP:

Teulk
posted April 25, 2002 10:34 PM            
Yeah, I'm sure he did...problem is a simpleton like me can't read!!! I've tried and retried, no metter what I've got no maps, no vehicles, nothin'...deleted the whole she-bang twice and started over, and still no juice. I'll keep at it, but I must have missed something.

IP:

John B.
posted April 25, 2002 10:43 PM         
Hey T,

This is what I did.

Create a new folder, say C:\program files\storm racer\

Copy all of the files in the main TReadmarks directory to it, EXCEPT the addons directory. Unzip the Storm pack to the new folder ensuring that the unzip is set to place items by sub folder.

Make a copy of the shortcut to Treadmarks. Rename it Storm Racer. Open the properties on this copy and change the target to the Treadmarks.exe file in the new folder and the "Start in" to that directory alos.

[This message has been edited by John B. (edited April 25, 2002).]

IP:

Teulk
posted April 25, 2002 11:11 PM            
I think I can handle that..being so specific and all..let me give her a go...brb..I looked, but could find no add-ons directory to begin with..am I missing something?

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited April 25, 2002).]

IP:

Teulk
posted April 25, 2002 11:33 PM            
OK, I've got the program started, but, after startup, I get a blank screen with the hotrod on it, but nothing happens..

IP:

Rex R
posted April 26, 2002 02:28 AM            
fear not you're almost there(this one had me going fer a bit). take a look in your(storm racer)\local\english folder and see if it has the sub folder \local\english if you do then this is easy move the 2 files (help.txt & lines txt) up 2 folders (from local\english\local\english to local\english(rename the existing files of those names) and you'll be in biz. if you do not have these additional sub-folders let us know

IP:

Teulk
posted April 26, 2002 11:41 AM            
No, the second local\english file does not exist...

IP:

John B.
posted April 26, 2002 01:28 PM         
I suspect the problem is the way that the zip file is extracted. What zip program are you using.

It needs to be set to copy items to the approriate sub folders. Also make sure that it is set to overwrite existing files.

IP:

Teulk
posted April 26, 2002 02:21 PM            
Don't ask me how, but I got it to work...I think, however, that I have unzipped the Storm on top of a full TM install. I created a new folder specifically for the SR dld, and put it in with a fresh TM install. I made a fresh install for the Mods, and a separate on for stock, so everything should be ok, right?
The fact that the SRPack is in with a full TM should be OK, right?
BTW, thanks to all who gave aid in this endeavour..very much appreciated..good to know that help is there when needed..and lots of it, at that.
Played a couple of races as well as battles on the SR before posting this..IT ROCKS..tons of weapons (I hope they were supposed to be there), and some very interesting physics with the vehicles. Won't be able to practice too much before Sunday, but hope to be there anyway--JUST FOR THE SHOW--to give it a whirl.
Thanks again to those who advised (J.B., and Rex to name a couple--anyone else, don't feel left out, I'm sure I'll need help again!!).

BTW, nice to know there is another Canuck interested in this game..I'll be out in the West next week for a climbing session with my brother in Canmore...

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited April 26, 2002).]

IP:

John B.
posted April 26, 2002 06:48 PM         
That's funny. We just had 10 cm of snow today. It might not be to hot for climbing rock yet. In the least, the rock will be cold as hell. The ice is gone or going, so that's off the list. Probably too much snow to go hiking or mountaineering and too little to enjoy skiing.

Maybe go Skiing at Sunshine, they are open until May 20.

IP:

Teulk
posted April 26, 2002 07:16 PM            
Nahhh, little snow never killed anyone ( I know of, anyway)..be WAY up there by Friday, maybe down by Tuesday..I'd say GO LEAFS GO, but I'm a Habs fan!!

IP:

JVortex
posted April 27, 2002 05:18 PM            
glad to see everything got all worked out and of course i dont make a showing til AFTER the problem is alredy solved! lol.

thanks for helping him out guys .

looking foreward to tomorow!

------------------

IP: