|
Author Topic:   Windows XP
posted April 15, 2002 09:24 PM            
Does anyone have any experience running TM1.6 on XP. If so, what problems have you encountered?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 15, 2002 09:29 PM            
I haven't had any problems rrunning on xp. Except that the graphics are cleaner and it runs a lot smoother

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted April 15, 2002 09:40 PM            
Zip, zero, nada. It works fine as coax says and better than 98, etc...

IP:

Irascible
posted April 15, 2002 11:17 PM            
Ditto. Except when I tried to use the 98 driver when I first went ot XP.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 16, 2002 12:12 AM            
i have a 1.6 install on xp - no problems.

IP:

posted April 16, 2002 12:39 AM            
Thanks much..nice to get answers from the pros before I try something new

IP:

Rex R
posted April 16, 2002 01:10 AM            
I've found 1 glitch (it may be just my machine) with win 95 I could switch servers on the fly(as it were) with xp I have to back out to the main menu to switch servers. I don't really find this to be a big headache though. also not running it in any sort of compatibility mode

IP:

guido 1
posted April 16, 2002 06:55 AM         
just for grins , i set up compatability mode to win2000 . i did my install of xp over 98 , and had a few issues until i deleted all of my backup of 98 on my backup partition . just make sure to uninstall old video card drivers and install xp drivers . most problems i've heard about are driver related . before you get too upset at us , you could give more info on your pc spec's and what specific problems your experiencing , and are the problems specific to TM or other applications as well ???? were not psychic , so help us help you .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

MexIndian
posted April 16, 2002 08:35 AM            
I had a problem, but when I downloaded the newest graphics driver for my machine and video card (uninstalling the other one first) I was fine.

------------------
Let go but be careful while Just Doing It without doing anything in excess.
But have fun!
And play TreadMarks, a game in which you get to frag (we call killing fragging on the online community cause it don't sound so bad)other tanks.

IP:

posted April 16, 2002 07:49 PM            
You wanted to know about my system... Well the old system was a PII/466 Celeron with 256mb of ram and WinME. TM worked, but used to freeze every once in a while. My new system is P4/2.1Gzh with 1gb of ram and WinXP. I haven't loaded my TM file yet. I wanted to know if anyone had experienced any problems so I could anticipate them. Thanks for the info.

IP:

MexIndian
posted April 17, 2002 09:27 AM            
video card? nice computer!

------------------
But have fun!
And play TreadMarks, a game in which you get to frag (we call killing fragging on the online community cause it don't sound so bad)other tanks.

IP:

Hammer
posted April 17, 2002 12:04 PM            
1gb of RAM

When will it End! Can't even keep up with the newbie's!

------------------
[BWL] Hammer

IP:

posted April 17, 2002 02:27 PM            
My video card is an Elsa Gloria4 750XGL 128mb. And, I'm in the business (VAR), so the hardware really doesn't cost that much.

IP:

guido 1
posted April 17, 2002 06:48 PM         
Nice card , when i upgraded mine i had to choose between FOOD or The Visiontek Xtasy 5564 . it's geforce 2 mx 400 . I really like it . and since i got it from UBID for about 63.00 dollars ( shipping included ), i found I could do both > ( do Ramen Noodles count as food ? ). heheeehhehehehhee .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

MexIndian
posted April 18, 2002 01:21 PM            
Hey newbie! I'm looking to buy a new computer.... can you cut me any deals? hehe..I won't frag you as bad

Nah, but seriously, if you could provide some guidance or assistance, send me an email mexindian1@aol.com . Although I've got it down to one of two systems, any and all help will be majorly appreciated.

------------------
But have fun!

IP:

MexIndian
posted April 18, 2002 01:21 PM            
Hey newbie! I'm looking to buy a new computer.... can you cut me any deals? hehe..I won't frag you as bad

Nah, but seriously, if you could provide some guidance or assistance, send me an email mexindian1@aol.com . Although I've got it down to one of two systems, any and all help will be majorly appreciated.

------------------
But have fun!

IP:

guido 1
posted April 18, 2002 07:46 PM         
Wow MI you really do want a deal ..... check out www.ubid.com . really good buy's on pc's and componenants . they even have a credit card for ordering from their site .... easy to apply for online .

------------------

IP: