|
Author Topic:   NEXT SUNDAY 4/21 ------> STORM RACER DDM ------> CD STILL AVAILABLE
Irascible
posted April 15, 2002 01:09 AM            
Don't wait till Sunday to get it. You'll need a few minutes to unzip properly... and I ain't talking about THAT.
http://www.treadmarks.de/StormRacer.zip

If someone just absolutely positively insists that there's no way to download it on their pathetic AOL dial-up account ( ), then let me know QUICK by email and I'll mail them a CD.

IP:

JVortex
posted April 15, 2002 02:36 AM            
LOL

get it get it get it get it!!!!!!!

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 15, 2002 04:38 AM            
Rats.I'm having a druken "its the end of the semester" college party next Sunday so it looks like I have to miss it.If it goes well maybe we can add it more in the rotation

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted April 15, 2002 08:57 AM            
i bileev that would be a refference to moi

i wont disapoint! =D

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

[This message has been edited by Grind_and_Click (edited April 15, 2002).]

IP:

Teulk
posted April 15, 2002 09:17 AM            
Well, I'm working nights (again!!--and on a Sunday to boot) so I'm gonna miss this one too!! Would it be possible to get a CD, for future use, of course...I should at least make one or two of these things before the end of the third millenium!! Actually, if I try to dld this thing, where should I unzip it?..I don't have ANY SR stuff

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited April 15, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 15, 2002 09:18 AM            
these will be races though yes ? not just a ddm with different vehicles.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 15, 2002 09:37 AM            
Uh oh, I feel a Storm Pack movie around the corner.

That's a good question, Matrix, I was wondering the same thing.

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

Teulk
posted April 15, 2002 10:05 AM            
OK, Ras, dld the SR pack, but I have no idea as to where to unzip it..care to share?? Thx

IP:

Irascible
posted April 15, 2002 11:26 AM            
There's a read me text or something along those lines in the zip that will tell you. I'm ashamed to admit that I need to reload SR myself!

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 15, 2002 11:58 AM            
I did a second installation of Tread Marks and applied the Storm Pack to the second install. That way you don't have to go back and undo the mod changes when not using the Storm Pack.

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

Teulk
posted April 15, 2002 03:02 PM            
Would you just install in another directory?? Say a "TreadmarksII" sort of thing??

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 15, 2002 03:37 PM            
Yes.Just type in a diff name when it asks where to install it and it will create the new folder and install there,I have 3 diff installs of TM so things don't bet cluttered.Too much stuff in one installation and you'll start getting errors and annoying sound repeats

IP:

Teulk
posted April 15, 2002 04:30 PM            
I tried to make a new directory(TM2) but when I went to open it, nothing happened. In fact, all my old times and scores were in the new install...what did I mess up now?? It still plays and everything, but as a second install, doesn't seem to exist...Appeciate any help I can get..am heading off to that wonderful place called "WORK" now, so if I don't respond any more, I'm not being rude...any help any can give will be used to it's utmost (beleive me, I need it!!)

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited April 15, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 15, 2002 05:38 PM            
How about just copy the entire directory, paste, and rename. Make a shortcut to your desktop and rename it to TreadMarks...Bam!!!

IP:

Paranor
posted April 15, 2002 09:01 PM            
Super, SR is in the weekly DDM schedule - I believe it's every 6 or 8 weeks. You'd have to look.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 15, 2002 09:15 PM            
How about the rotating cd idea. One person makes the cd sends it to a dial up and that dial-up sends it to the next dial-up

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted April 15, 2002 11:23 PM            
Good idea Coax. But I don't think there's enough demand to make it worth the effort of organization. Don't get me wrong, if someone wants to do it that's great. But Kong only had 3 takers a while back and I've had two so far. Half my motivation of the offer was just to remind people to download. I'm sure most dial-ups just bite the bullet and do the download manager thing. I use to... back in the dark ages.

IP:

Paranor
posted April 16, 2002 08:08 AM            
I'd say 5 is pretty good - add another 10 of us on broadband and we might have a good turnout.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited April 16, 2002).]

IP:

MexIndian
posted April 16, 2002 08:36 AM            
shoot, even I'll try to make it!

------------------
Let go but be careful while Just Doing It without doing anything in excess.
But have fun!
And play TreadMarks, a game in which you get to frag (we call killing fragging on the online community cause it don't sound so bad)other tanks.

IP: