This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   DDM gossip
coax
Administrator
posted April 14, 2002 09:49 PM            
Finished updating with this weeks winners. Irascible sweeped all the competition with 3 1st place finishes. That hasn't happened since the days of Skandranon. Ras moved up a step in the ladder, I fell yet again Welcome Max to the ladder as well. I would suggest someone recruits him because it takes a lot of skill to get on the ladder. Also Irascible is in first place for the seasonal ladder.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 14, 2002 10:18 PM            
Yeah Ras..you can't use that "I'm the underdog" routine anymore I got the flu but I played the best I could and could never catch you.Turdheart has to come back and the best you or me will get will be socond place
Whats the seasonal rank for coax?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 14, 2002 10:29 PM            
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002184.html

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted April 14, 2002 10:37 PM            
Well Par or Dreamer??? Get Max!!! Though my masochistic side secretly hopes that ZE or DOG gets him so we have four strong clans.

On another note. I'm just wondering if the ranked DDMs shouldn't always be the same. The last three were stock but had different times or frag limits. I don't know if it happened. But if someone had reached 30 before me tonight, then I could see them being a little miffed. The same thing goes for the prior ranked DDM. Or is my perception that most DDMS have had a 30 frag limit incorrect? There's enough really good players that any small thing like this can give someone the edge. That's why I would prefer if they were all exactly the same. Or has it not really mattered to anyone? Feel free to flame.

Supe, I did so lousy last ranked game that I left during the first game and didn't come back. You won at least one of those. So it all averages out. I look at the ladder and I KNOW who's the underdog of what. And if you had not been sick we wouldn't be having this conversation... and I'd still be hating you... You're still the king whether you like it or not :P.

Anyone, was it just me or did the game seem to slooooow down? It seemed to do that during the prior ranked game to. It wasn't that choppy for me - maybe a little. It just that tanks and whatever seemed to move soooo slow. On the other hand, it could have been a combination of adrenaline speeding the brain up and the FREAKING terrain deformation slowing things down. Was that blasphemy to refer to terrain deformation as "FREAKING"?

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited April 14, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 14, 2002 10:59 PM            
Long as you dont use Phreaking - thats already taken for phones !

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 15, 2002 04:33 AM            
Guess I should pay more attention to what people post coax,,,lol.Good idea

And the only reason I'm on top was because the top ranked stopped playing so it was inevitable I wish it was all a factor of my playing skill Yeah...I might be in the top 5 overall but I'm not the best or number 1 for that matter.Like I can never stand it when someone wins the Superbowl or NBA playoffs or Heavyweight Boxing and people say they are the best in the world.Well what if there was a guy better than Michael Jordon who just dosen't play basketball or a guy better than Mike Tyson who dosen't box?And maybe I'm thinking too much at 3:00AM and sick like a dog

IP:

TurdHeart
posted April 15, 2002 08:09 AM            
Gosh, I'm lagging way behind... hopefully this summer I can get back into the Sunday night DDM thingies. There are so many good players now - I've decided that I'm not worse than last year - just in comparison to the fragsters like Irascible and SU.

IP:

Neo
posted April 15, 2002 11:23 AM            
Muahahaha

IP:

Irascible
posted April 15, 2002 11:29 AM            
There's probably a few guys better than Jordan now... *gasp*... But he's sooooo old now. You don't have that excuse. And stop trying to get Turdheart and Neo all riled up!!! I don't need the headaches.

IP:

Neo
posted April 15, 2002 11:45 AM            
I agree with SU. I'm willing to bet that somewhere in the misty jungles of Kenya, there is a little pygmy Kung-san guy with the natural treadmarks talent to put us all to shame.

I think that instead of calling someone the "best in the world", they should instead be called the "best in the world of those who play competitively". I suppose, though, that this distinction is implied or "understood".

Word.

IP:

Paranor
posted April 15, 2002 01:07 PM            
I didn't have any lagging problem - anyone else besides ras?

Also, I had a problem setting up the last moddem map DDM - I used the same dir (was in a big hurry to get outta here) which meant I had to adjust my settings which meant that since I work in IT that I don't document ( ) which means we went from 99 frags for the modded map to 40 (type on my part) to 35 last night.

But I'm not sure it matters - the whole point of DDM is using stock weapons & stock tanks. Besides, keeps you on your toes - race to get 30 frags or use your skill and maintain your lead?

of course, ras did win all 3 first places, maybe it should be back to down 30.

And as it was mentioned last night, there is no CE. I've seen too many people superammo that bugger plus there is no skill involved - at least with the cruise and the nuke you have to aim somewhat.

And I want to apologize for my comments where I said "dam*". Plus my dad showed up and I missed the first game.

I was fragged 10 times before I even hit the ground on the spawn and it was from the same person and it just got annoying!!!!!!!!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 15, 2002 03:45 PM            
I noticed mainly it was new people tearing you up as soon as you spawn...and some that were not so new.I know we agreed that it wasn't a rule and that it was up to the players' judgement but it was really annoying.There was more spawn fragg'n going on than had been for a long time until Sunday.Thats why it seemed to stick out bad I guess.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 15, 2002 05:40 PM            
Maybe that's why I left the DDM, huh?

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted April 15, 2002 06:03 PM            
you want a list of spawners? oc sI could give it to ya'll!!

And, as supe said, it wasn't just newbie's some of the time... sometimes people spanw frag to get a nuke or another useful and non-frequent weapon, such as a cruise, nuke, etc!

------------------

code:
         | ||\    | |    | | \\       //                                 
| | \\ | |\\ | | \\ //
| | | | | \\ | | \\ //
======= | | // | | \\| | \\ // ======
| ||/ | | | | \ /
/ \
======= *IT'S IN THE FRAG* // \\ ======
// \\
// \\
// \\

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted April 15, 2002 06:07 PM            
agreed , tis most weak

IP:

Paranor
posted April 15, 2002 09:00 PM            
Yes, it's kinda "ok" during a DDM but it was really ridiculous this week and I got frustrated. And it wasn't even for a decent weapon - I think one of them was a plasma mine.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 15, 2002 09:08 PM            
Although, I don't remember spawn fragging Paranor. I see nothing against it since everone does it at the DDM, and it's impossible to regulate. "Deadliest Death Match" afterall.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

wolfman
posted April 15, 2002 09:44 PM            
I generally don't spawn frag. Will admit that the other night attempted to frag/fragged right off at the spawn point. Even ate a kill and got killed because of backing off and giving too much time out of feeling guilt. lol Actually, good practice not to spawn frag since we all know that playing humans instead of ai's is the most fun. Once during the ddm's at the spawn point there was another tank already over to the side by it and when bango a new tank pops up next to it. Reflex takes over lol

IP:

Irascible
posted April 15, 2002 11:13 PM            
Par, like I said it wasn't really lagging. It just felt like it was moving slow. It's probably just be a glitch in the matrix.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 15, 2002 11:19 PM            
Maybe your machine slowed down because of all the additional calculations? I use to get that if the terrain is really chewed up.

But that was on an AMD k6-2 450 at 800x600 with a VooDoo3.

IP:

Irascible
posted April 15, 2002 11:30 PM            
Bah! My XP1700 + Ti200 + A7V266E kicks butt!

Please no one feel the need to one up me... though I know you will anyway. I know theres all sorts of people with better systems. It's just that my old Athlon700 and GeForce 256 DDR was more than enough to handle TM. Now I've got over kill.

I'm sure the real problem lies in my perception of reality. Soon I will be freed.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 16, 2002 12:08 AM            
" It's probably just be a glitch in the matrix"

- nah thats more like de-ja-vu, but then if u repeatedly get spawnfragged it must seem that way.

If someone spawns on you do u A) resist the urge to fire and be fired on, or do u B) fire at them till they explode.

Theres needs to be a fix to this in 161 IMHO

IP:

Neo
posted April 16, 2002 02:33 AM            
Someone once mentioned something about instituting a brief period of invincibility for spawns. Perhaps this should be suggested to LDA for inclusion in the next patch/update. It could help reduce the frustration level in crowded servers and especially in ranked matches.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 16, 2002 04:18 AM            
Already in the works Neo.

I too felt that it was slow on the 3rd map.I was noticing it then Grind said something.Seemed like tanks were running half speed.Like the gravity was really high.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 17, 2002 05:00 AM            
Does anyone have any screens of the scores from this last DDM? It would be much appreciated if you could send them to me please.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2