|
Author Topic:   Last Sunday's DDM Movie
Kevlar
posted April 11, 2002 09:14 AM            
Check out the DDM movie from last Sunday 04-07-2002

If I have you listed wrong in the credits or the wrong affiliation I apologize. That's why I was asking for screen shots earlier this week. It's tough to see the names clearly plus I missed the seconds half of game one, so I did not have the stats screen on tape.

I used a little different method on this movie. You will notice that in a lot of scenes my tanks is not in the way. Especially the ending credit scenes, they came out nice. That's because I removed the ''Press Fire'' text from the screen after you get killed. And if you don't ''press fire'' you can film for another 20 seconds or so with ppl driving right thru the camera view. Got some really nice one's that way.

TM-Central

IP:

Paranor
posted April 11, 2002 01:43 PM            
ARGH! Too bad my T-1 is 99% capacity. Will have to wait until I get home.

------------------
-Everyone needs belief in something. I believe I'll play another map.
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here[IMG]http://www.karllois.com/images/misc/signature_glomund_and_logo_small.gif[/IMG]

IP:

wolfman
posted April 11, 2002 05:31 PM            
One word to describe the movie you all did - AWESOME. Absolutely fantastic - keep up the great work.

IP:

Paranor
posted April 11, 2002 09:12 PM            
I have two words to describe the movie - *@)*$)@*$@*$)* AWESOME!

It's nice to know that I get blasted at the end.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 11, 2002 09:34 PM            
Radical! Keep up the GREAT work, Kevlar!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 12, 2002 04:17 AM            
Very nice.I really like the angles you capture in free look..makes it look really cool.Makes me want to go out and buy a copy today!Doh!
Have you considered using actors to do what you want?Kinda like being a director.You know...get on the hill Supe and catch the nuke I'd be happy to volunteer.We could get some dumb bots in there that are easy to manipulate.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 12, 2002 09:12 AM            
Yes, actually Vlad, I think it was, had the same idea. And that sounds like a good idea for the weapon preview video's. As far as directing, I remember Par trying to get everyone to stop shooting and get on the hilltop for the birthday bash group picture. It was more like a hilltop massacre. Maybe we should try to make the worlds longest Tread Marks Tank Conga Line. LOL!

But I think nothing beats the cool shots that actually take place in a real game. One of my favorites, on this video, is at the end of the ice map scenes, I just happen to look up and a tank goes flying by side-ways, you only see if for about a second. Still have no idea who that was.

Par, I knew from the start that little scene would be perfect for credits, but if you cover it with text you don't get the full effect, so I saved it for the closing. Low on health, riding off in to the distance to do battle... explode on the hilltop... priceless!

I tried to film the DCTF but it got laggy and I know that no one wants to watch lag on video. So I will wait till Sunday to film another. Made the DDM trophy intro with that cool app, Supe'. I have since gone back and made it even smoother.

IP:

Neo
posted April 12, 2002 10:13 AM            
Phat movie, Kev.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 12, 2002 11:32 AM            
Wish i had broadband

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 12, 2002 03:05 PM            
Only 25 meg.Might take you a hour to download.Start it and go watch the tele for a bit

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 12, 2002 03:10 PM            
Oh yeah..I noticed you used Sonic Maayhem as your music choice.Really cool and no words.They also have tons of more muisic that would be perfect for future videos.
Those guys are on to something..about makeing a good video and sending it off to gaming sites.You can get a video and I'll help you distribute it around if you want.That DDM movie is good enough I think.I think people that see that movie would actually go out and buy the game.It was that cool looking.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 12, 2002 04:37 PM            
I do like Sonic Mayhem, I have about 3 more picked out for future movies, but I also am going to use regular music too.

The next movie will be even better. I'm already setting up the intro's and closings except with fade-ins and fade-outs... gives it a nice touch.

The next movie will have some cool sound effects mixed in, placed over the music, machine guns and ricochets.

If we ever do decide to submit a movie I would like to use a collection of all the best scenes and not just from one ddm.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 12, 2002 05:17 PM            
Just some thoughts...

Maybe a few "scripted" shots of some of the weapons up close and personal? You don't have to do it in the DDM. Just shoot the footage and add it to your movie where the weapon gets used at.

Nothing like getting whapped by the mass driver, or a visit by one of the nukes. Even a side shot of what it looks like on the tank.

Heck...you could even do that for all the tanks, too! Voyager....

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 12, 2002 05:32 PM            
That's a good idea. I am making some scripted shots of the maps, some fade in and outs and a really cool flyby, you'll just have to see it, next time.

I guess I could also show the weapons hovering, up close too, like the nuke and flower power and cruise.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 12, 2002 06:23 PM            
Good movie, I wnted to see Paranor's now that I'm on a high speed connection but his site seems to be down

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

TurdHeart
posted April 12, 2002 06:24 PM            
Beautiful. Awesome intro!

What software do you use to record? I'm surprised it doesn't make the game tacky when you play... or is it going to an outside source?

IP:

wolfman
posted April 12, 2002 06:27 PM            
Will say it again - great job Kev This will show my warped sense of humor but oh well here goes - the initial intro the scan of the ice pack the voice from a nature documentary went through my head and I started laughing. I knew that the video to follow would be awesome and it was lol Don't know why i shared this but hey what the heck lol Keep up the great work.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 12, 2002 07:22 PM            
2hrs 12mins *sigh* damn nice work tho

------------------

code:

.---. .-----------
/ \ __ / ------
/ / \( )/ ----- -=[ X C L A N ]=-
////// ' \/ ` ---
//// / // : : --- DEATHMATCH FEDERATION
// / / /` '--
// //..\\
=============UU====UU==== (`..(( WWW. DNXWORLD .COM ))..)
'//| |\\`
''``
_____ ____ ___ ____ __ _______ ___ __ ___ ___
__ / ___/_ _/\ / |/_ | / /\ /_ __ \ /_ | / /\ | |/ /\ __
/ /\ / /\\\ / /\\ / /| |\/ / /\ \/ /\ / /\ / / /\ > < \ / /\
\\\ / /____/ /___ / ___ |/ /| /\ / /__/ /\ / /| /\ / - |\ \\\
\____/______//_/\ |_|_/ |_/\ /______-\ /_/\|_/\ /__/\/__/
\\\\\ \\\\\\ \\ \\\\ \\ \\\\\\\\ \\\ \\ \\\\ \\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 12, 2002 07:25 PM            
Thanks

Coax I think Pars Video is on BWL's site too. Check lower down on the front page.

I output thru my vid card to a TV/VCR tape so that it is smooth because so there is no disk writing during the game. Then I capture it with a Dazzle Connector.

IP:

TurdHeart
posted April 12, 2002 07:47 PM            
Very cool. Think it's time I upgrade to a card with video out!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 12, 2002 11:06 PM            
Coax has high speed internet now!Watch out then.I think lag was the only thing holding him back and he could still kick butt

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 13, 2002 03:09 AM            
I wish, I meant to say I was on campus with a computer that lets me download to it and I could actually see the movies. It won't always be available to me

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 13, 2002 04:47 AM            
You could strech a few miles of coaxial and have cable We have cable smugglers all over campus where I'm at.All you need is the cable modem.Comcast doesn't keep up with its subscriber database too well

IP:

Paranor
posted April 13, 2002 01:09 PM            
I have no idea what's up with my DYNDNS provider and my main DNS redirector. I'll have to figure it out tonite when the wife is out. OH YEAH, PLAYTIME.

My only note, on the side of caution, is this video is dumped onto gaming sites any copyright issues with LDA and/or the artists of the music.

I am also making another movie, except mine will have humans mixed into it.

Ahhhhh - this goes make to my high school days making movies for english class.

IP: