SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 10, 2002 08:09 PM            
It time for the CTF.There is 7 DNX,1BWL,2DOG,1ZE
What the hell?Way to get out there and spread the word

IP:

Irascible
posted April 10, 2002 08:17 PM            
Sooooo..... just wondering...... who won?
I just couldn't make it - been real busy.

IP:

Hammer
posted April 10, 2002 08:21 PM            
I'm working and can't slip away. Although some night's I can.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 10, 2002 08:37 PM            
I can't make it...oh well...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 10, 2002 08:56 PM            
It was cancelled due to very poor turnout from other clans and a real laggy server.
I am proud of the people that showed and DNX had a good turnout.Too bad we outnumbered the other clans 3:1.Kinda hard to have 4-way CTF with only one team and bits and peices of other clans making up the other three.
The point of this whole thing was to get fired up about CTF again since hardly anyone was showing up Wed nights.
I'm really disappointed that most people decided not to show tonnight after people worked hard to get it going and didn't bother to say anything until tonight.

IP:

KONG
posted April 10, 2002 09:02 PM            
well when you saw me jump on and off the server i had just walked in from work. Not much happening so i figure, why miss dinner?
just so everyone knows, 8 pm est, is 5 pm pst. I got home at 5:45 pst. so that would be 8:45 est.

well thats my excuse for this week. Next?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 10, 2002 09:44 PM            
I stayed for 5 games - DNX took 3 of em BWL took 2

Well done DNX Great Turnout

And well done to kevlar, sailor and hut for giving me so many frags so kinda u guys

------------------

code:

.---. .-----------
/ \ __ / ------
/ / \( )/ ----- -=[ X C L A N ]=-
////// ' \/ ` ---
//// / // : : --- DEATHMATCH FEDERATION
// / / /` '--
// //..\\
=============UU====UU==== (`..(( WWW. DNXWORLD .COM ))..)
'//| |\\`
''``
_____ ____ ___ ____ __ _______ ___ __ ___ ___
__ / ___/_ _/\ / |/_ | / /\ /_ __ \ /_ | / /\ | |/ /\ __
/ /\ / /\\\ / /\\ / /| |\/ / /\ \/ /\ / /\ / / /\ > < \ / /\
\\\ / /____/ /___ / ___ |/ /| /\ / /__/ /\ / /| /\ / - |\ \\\
\____/______//_/\ |_|_/ |_/\ /______-\ /_/\|_/\ /__/\/__/
\\\\\ \\\\\\ \\ \\\\ \\ \\\\\\\\ \\\ \\ \\\\ \\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

IP:

guido 1
posted April 10, 2002 09:54 PM         
i don't attend many CTF events , i'm more of a DDM player . i know how you feel though . the sunday euro ddm is practically non-existant . only 3 of us last sunday . but at least we got to check out the modded maps before the 8pm .

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 10, 2002 10:25 PM            
what times the euro ddm at guido ? ill try an attend

IP:

Irascible
posted April 10, 2002 10:52 PM            
So Supe, you want me to tell you when I'm not coming? It almost seems rude. You know:

Thread starter: "Were have CTF Wed. Come one, come all. It will be fun."
Reply after reply: "sorry", "can't do it", "no way"
Seems like it would take away any built up momentum you might have going.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 10, 2002 11:01 PM            
Yes.
The fact is that people did come and it was a waste of their time.And they might have had to arrage their schedule so that they could play.If one quarter of the people that didn't show said something I would have dropped the whole idea and it wouldn't have been a big waste of time for everybody that took the time to show.I personally skipped my study group session in order to come.
8est has been the time we have always used and it was being used before I started playing the game.Its better to set out one time so people can try to make it rather than changing the time to please one persons schedule.Thats common sense.If we didn't have one time set in concrete there would be people mentioning all hours of the day that would be convenient for them to play.
I knew we wouldn't have a server full since it was a weeknight but I had no idea that so many wouldn't show.I'm just guessing that people assume they won't be missed since they are just one player...but when 10 or 15 make that same assumption........
And Hammer's server went splat when we got about 10 humans on it and a few bots.Guess 4 way CTF takes a lot of bandwidth

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited April 10, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 10, 2002 11:12 PM            
Maybe we need to start a virtual signup sheet for events like this so we don't have to guess how many will show?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 10, 2002 11:34 PM            
could be a good idea.

IP:

Irascible
posted April 11, 2002 12:43 AM            
Sign up is good. Otherwise, from now on as you suggest Supe, you'll get a lot of "not going to make its" from me. And I'm already negative enough without having to add to it... hehe

IP:

Paranor
posted April 11, 2002 12:59 AM            
I would have posted "can't make it".

I tried the sign up sheet but alas, my web site skills are lacking. Or nonexisting.

****** MATRIX ********
*** OH MR. WEB GUY ***
*** MAKE SOMETHING UP! ***

Or Dreamer but I think you/he is busy with another major final.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited April 11, 2002).]

IP:

HUT
posted April 11, 2002 06:30 AM            
Hi
I'm so glad this see everybody together. I'm so sorry me but I could to try to play. I move on "CTF" maps how fly in clear soup. It can once to be dust best net, this we will play on CTF. In game I participated for concurrent, and from curiosity how this works. Everybody I'm sorry that I disturbed.

Best wishes HUT.

[This message has been edited by HUT (edited April 11, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 11, 2002 06:34 AM            
You were great, Hut. Think nothing of it.

What ever you say/type in the game is fine with me.

Maybe next time, we will have a lag free environment...

IP:

guido 1
posted April 11, 2002 07:31 PM         
the time for sunday Euro DDM is 3pm est . on the same server as the 8pm .

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 11, 2002 07:43 PM            
You state Euro DDM inb EST time ? wierd, so thats 8pm GMT then and 5hrs later the US DDM.

IP:

Teulk
posted April 12, 2002 03:59 PM            
The Euro DDM is at WHAT time...same question for the US DDM...can anybody attend ( if theyt are available, that is)...wouldn't mind trying this out once or twice..hone some skills if you know what I mean..With regards to the time, where does that put me in Ontario??

IP:

guido 1
posted April 12, 2002 06:24 PM         
that's right matrix if your 5 hrs. ahead of EST . i'm in the CST zone in the u.s. which would be 2pm for me . the u.s. is now on daylight savings time .

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 12, 2002 06:36 PM            
Teulk, the US DDM is at 8est

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Rex R
posted April 13, 2002 02:09 AM            
near as I can make out, if you live east of thunder bay, you would be in the eastern time zone

IP:

guido 1
posted April 13, 2002 01:56 PM         
on sunday's there are 2 DDM's one is at 3pm EST and the other at 8pmEST . you can't miss the server as both are played on the same one . adjust according to the time zone your in as to start time . i usually start early on the LDA server and ask anyone online if thy'd like to go over to the DDM server to get things started . once a few people start it off , others usually join . it's usually nothing formal , but at least there are no bots in the way , and a good chance to check out the maps and server for the 8pm game . i'm hoping to get 8 or more players to attend regularly , then we might be able to put up a ladder . no matter how many players it's usually fun .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP: