|
Author Topic:   Mex's Four the Hell of it!
Hammer
posted April 09, 2002 03:21 PM            
Here's is a link to TM Central where the Master map pack can be accessed courtesy of Kevlar!
I tell you "TM Central is the PLACE!"

All the maps are the hard work of many players who love the game! And it shows in their work! Thank you for giving our group some variety and spice!

Now! "LET"S MIX IT UP AND START FRAGGIN"

IP:

Teulk
posted April 09, 2002 03:45 PM            
With regards to that, where would I download them?? If you check the thread below this one, you will notice a "newbie news flash" (so to speak), so any info I can get will help immensely. I notice as well from the TM site, that there are two Master Packs, so, of course, the question remains, which is the necessary one, or am I not reading enough.

IP:

Dreamer
posted April 09, 2002 04:39 PM         
The master map pack has been split (so as not to grow too large for convenient downloading)

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 09, 2002 07:17 PM            
Yes the map master has been split into two pieces. Both are required in order to have the complete pack.

One zip has 83 maps and it got to be tough to update it, so I started a second zip containing the newest maps, and counting.

But as for the DCTF Clan war on Wednesday, if you just want the 8 maps needed for Wednesday night's DCTF check here for Kongs link and I also put up a mirror to the pack just in case.
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002159.html

PS: If you already have the map master pack 1 and 2 loaded, then you are ready for Wednesday.

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited April 09, 2002).]

IP:

Teulk
posted April 09, 2002 08:14 PM            
Unfortunately :
1) am working 6-6--nights that is--the last of this week and 2) not a clan member ( as I thought you had to be in order to participate) However, I will dld the packs just the same to add to the game play. Is there a specific folder I need to place the files??

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited April 09, 2002).]

IP:

KONG
posted April 09, 2002 08:37 PM            
Hammer- you have 2 team maps on your server with the 4 team maps

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 09, 2002 10:26 PM            
Are you saying there are 2 teamer maps in the "dedimap=" rotation? Or in the pack?

IP:

Hammer
posted April 10, 2002 12:07 AM            
Kong
As far as I could tell maps 0-3 are 4 team but according to others on another thread maps 4-6 are also 4 team. I had my doubts but added them anyway. I have left out the CTFNeyRing map because I don't care for it and the Box Cut because others have expressed their dislike for it.
Am I wrong! Which are really 4 team and which are not? If I must I will add the Ring and the Box Cut to make up for any I have to eliminate from the rotation.

DediMap0 = ctf ketchum.ved
Dedimap1 = CTFNeySpiral4.ved
DediMap2 = CTFNeyPyramids4.ved
DediMap3 = ctf crossover.ved
DediMap4 = ctf wagon wheel.ved
DediMap5 = ctf cup and saucer.ved
DediMap6 = ctf chevron.ved

IP:

KONG
posted April 10, 2002 12:29 AM            
5 and 6 are two team maps. you can run 2 and 4 team ctf maps on the same server, set max teams in the config file to 2. the maxteams line on the 4 team ctf maps will overide that. Was that confusing? LOL!

But! That is only if the max teams line has been added to the 4 tean ctf map ved files.

If it is not there you will have 2 teams running around with no flags to grab or defend. Kind of what BWL does anyway. but what the heck, all in fun.

IP:

Hammer
posted April 10, 2002 12:50 AM            
Thanks Kong,
We'll have this straightened out finally and everyone should have a chance to get them.

Maps from Kong

There is one in here I did not know about "icy cinnimon" Sounds Cool!!!:cool:

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited April 10, 2002).]

IP:

Rex R
posted April 10, 2002 01:12 AM            
Teulk; if the zip files for the maps follows our usual custom(so far they all have), then unzip/extract them to your main tread marks folder and everything will end up where it supposed to(same thing applies to weapon/tank/flag mods as well)

IP:

Teulk
posted April 10, 2002 02:02 AM            
Wunderbar...will work on it later today...thanx a heap

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted April 10, 2002 03:57 PM            
If the maps you download are from TMMaps or a mirror of them then the directory structure for the install is in each zip file. I reworked all the zips and included the correct paths where none existed or were incorrect. Enjoy.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps
[IMG]http://kong.kicks-ass.org/sailorsig1.jpg[/IMG]

IP: