|
Author Topic:   FINALLY!!!
Teulk
posted April 09, 2002 03:19 PM            
Well, the boxed set finally arrived, and is installed on the old PC...well, gentlemen, now it's time to let me know what bells and whistles need to go along with it..I've read about patches, maps, tanks et al... for a couple of months..now I guess I need to figure out where and when to get all of them..not to mention how to start playing along with the rest of you. Hopefully, other threads aside, playing is what we'll be doing..right???

IP:

Dreamer
posted April 09, 2002 04:37 PM         
Addons:
http://www.tm-central.com (by BWL][Kevlar)

Map-Specific site:
http://tmmaps.tripod.com (by DNX Kong and BWL][Sailor)

Patches:
http://www.treadmarks.de (Main BWL site) or http://www.treadmarks.com (official LDA site)

------------------
Head of the BWL
Visit us at http://www.treadmarks.de
and
check out our cool modding tools ENTegrety and TMapper
(TMapper is currently in public alpha test stage)

WOMAN.ZIP....Great program, no documentation!

IP:

Teulk
posted April 09, 2002 05:23 PM            
Regarding the patches..is there any "glitches" with any of them??? Seeing as how I just barely know how to turn this unit on and off, I don't wnt to end up getting too deep...unless, of course ( as it looks already), help is just a monitor away!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 09, 2002 05:31 PM            
There can be problems with the 1.6.0 and the config file, but since 1.5.9 is compatible and i cant tell the diff myself so i stick with that.

btw: www.dmf.filetap.com (treadmarks page for news, tournaments, competitions, ladder and mod tools )

------------------

code:

.---. .-----------
/ \ __ / ------
/ / \( )/ ----- -=[ X C L A N ]=-
////// ' \/ ` ---
//// / // : : --- DEATHMATCH FEDERATION
// / / /` '--
// //..\\
=============UU====UU==== (`..(( WWW. DNXWORLD .COM ))..)
'//| |\\`
''``
_____ ____ ___ ____ __ _______ ___ __ ___ ___
__ / ___/_ _/\ / |/_ | / /\ /_ __ \ /_ | / /\ | |/ /\ __
/ /\ / /\\\ / /\\ / /| |\/ / /\ \/ /\ / /\ / / /\ > < \ / /\
\\\ / /____/ /___ / ___ |/ /| /\ / /__/ /\ / /| /\ / - |\ \\\
\____/______//_/\ |_|_/ |_/\ /______-\ /_/\|_/\ /__/\/__/
\\\\\ \\\\\\ \\ \\\\ \\ \\\\\\\\ \\\ \\ \\\\ \\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

IP:

Teulk
posted April 09, 2002 05:40 PM            
OK, let's go one better..the version I seem to have would be 1.5..so I need to do double patch??--1.55 to 1.59, and then up to 1.6, or just leave it at 1.59??

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 09, 2002 06:37 PM            
I think you can go straight to 1.6?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Teulk
posted April 09, 2002 06:51 PM            
"hi
i've downloaded the 1.5.5 to 1.6 patch but it doen't work it says error with config file, so i downloaded that new config file then it said error with tread marks exe.
i've downloaded lots of different patches from different web sites
please could you help me, i cant play over the net now!
thanks in advance"

All the above was from a different thread I saw elsewhere..does this happen all the time?? That's my concern regarding 1.6

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 09, 2002 07:30 PM            
Nope, I had no problem. And I've installed TM1.5 and updated to 1.6 on 3 different computers. I didn't even have to get the new config file.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Teulk
posted April 09, 2002 08:16 PM            
Ok doke..here goes....

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 09, 2002 08:31 PM            
The only real advantage of 1.6.0 over 1.5.9 is that 1.6.0 will accept the copy protection of both 1.0 and 1.5 CD's.

As another note, I have yet to be able to get my desktop at home to upgrade to 1.6. However, a clean install of TM doesn't seem to have any problems upgrading. I just don't have the HD space on my desktop at home to do that...I'll copy off my personal desktop whenever I get home.

--RC

IP:

Teulk
posted April 10, 2002 12:42 AM            
Well. went straight to 1.6, and no probs..then went straight to a server, and got my butt mutilated. Was fun, though. Thanks for the tip..next are the maps tanks and weapons add-ons. Should be a busy week, considering I should be sleeping during the day!!..do the dlds go into a file automatically, or do I need to create one?

IP:

Rex R
posted April 10, 2002 01:18 AM            
this was the answer I gave about maps but since it also applies to mods in general
Teulk; if the zip files for the maps follows our usual custom(so far they all have), then unzip/extract them to your main tread marks folder and everything will end up where it supposed to(same thing applies to weapon/tank/flag mods as well)

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 10, 2002 03:53 AM            
If you have WinZip, you should be able to see if the files will unzip to which subdirectories in the right column.

If the file directories start with Addons/ you can unzip to the main TM directory.

If they don't start with that, you'll need to unzip them to their /Addons/ specific directory. Tanks go into /Addons/Entities/Race Tank. Maps go into /Addons/Maps. Weapons go into /Addons/Entities/Weapon.

Most zippacks should already be set to go. But you should double check them just to make sure.

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited April 10, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 10, 2002 03:55 AM            
Oh...BTW, almost forgot.

Welcome Teulk to Tread Marks 1.6 (Full retail version)!! Glad to have you aboard. Remember, you need to practice, practice, practice! Looking forward to seeing you on the servers...

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted April 10, 2002 07:42 AM            
1.55 to 1.6 never worked on my computer either! maybe depends on the OS?? dunno!
but 1.55 > 1.59 > move config file out of folder > 1.6 > move config file back always works for moi!!

------------------

code:
       '\
_\______
/ =DNX= \========
____|__________\_____
/ ___________________ \
\/ _===============_ \/
"-===============-"
:)this tank needs a party:)

IP: