|
Author Topic:   Modded DDM - 04/07 - New Maps
Paranor
posted April 02, 2002 07:23 PM            
As usual it starts at 8:00 pm EST for the non-Euro DDM and ??? for Euro. Sorry, can't remember.

NOT RANKED.

You will need 4 modded maps.

Yes, one of them is a "ice" map but it's high gravity so you won't be zooming off the map. No whiners!

Click here to see what they are: http://www.karllois.com/treadmarks/calendarevents/modded.htm

Download courtesy of Kevlar's TM-CENTRAL as to what beat the heck out of Kong's connection again so he can play!

IP:

Paranor
posted April 02, 2002 07:24 PM            
And right now it says "TEST DDM SERVER" but just ignore that. YOu can play until I get into work tomorrow and change the name.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited April 02, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 03, 2002 09:42 AM            
hmmm

IP:

Paranor
posted April 03, 2002 11:53 AM            
hmmm what! don't keep me in suspense.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 03, 2002 04:10 PM            
What the heck kind of rotation are we using here?I thought we were going to have mostly stock DDM's that are ranked?Right now its 50% stock(and 25% of that 50% is not ranked) and 50% something else(clan,mod,ctf).So we have 25% ranked and 75% time killers.Should be more like 75% ranked and 25% time wasters and getting on the server to just have fun kind of stuff,100% of the time at a 3:1 ratio Yes?

IP:

Paranor
posted April 03, 2002 06:09 PM            
Ummm....yeah.

every other week is the ranked DDM. so that was a couple of days ago.

so then every other week of that is a modded something or another: maps, weapons, STORM, Clan DDM.

http://karllois.dyndns.org/treadmarks/2002CalendarandNotes.htm

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 03, 2002 06:21 PM            
I tried to attend the DDM last week and simply couldnt - wonder when we will start having 2 servers for it. I got as far as updating craters then timed out - i tried like 8 times or sumthin.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 03, 2002 07:45 PM            
Hopefully I can get us a faster server.And Par..maybe you need to reinstall TM on the host machine because I think the server has errors and might be some of the problem.I notice some weapons don't come up at all.

IP:

Paranor
posted April 03, 2002 07:56 PM            
I don't know what happened but the wasps.ent file was gone. All files are back.

Matrix - there is a separate EURO DDM earlier in the day.

Super - I'm not sure it's the bandwidth. I've using a T-1 and, statistically, it's only about 50% utilized with 20 players. I wonder if either a Penium 4 1.3Ghz can't keep up at 20-28 people or the TM engine croaks out? Can anyone answer this?

But if you can get a T-3 we'll find out.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 03, 2002 11:26 PM            
I wouldn't think that the computer specs would make much of a difference.Sounds like its a pretty fst machine.There are guys that run servers with 50+ people on it for Tribes and the most they would have had would have been a P4 2 gig at the time.
I'm thinking that the host machine just isn't tweaked in the networking area.I would think a T1 would be able to handle 20+ easily so it must just be Windows settings.Weren't you measuring how much bandwidth it was using to host?I've never really had anything that fast to play around with so I'm not really sure waht to tell you.I'll do a little checking for you and get back to you.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 04, 2002 03:57 AM            
Too much garbage to search through.What OS is on the host machine.How much memory?Can you run a ping test on it and show the results here?Go to dslreports.com and run a tweak and speed test and post the link to it.
I got on your server by myself and I had a 350 ping which is way above normal.And I got on the other servers and ran my own ping test and everything was fine with my connection so something isn't right.
Do the tests and maybe we can see if there is a bottelneck somewhere.

IP:

Rex R
posted April 04, 2002 04:41 AM            
were you thinking of adding some SSO weap.s to the mix?(to go along with the maps)

IP:

Paranor
posted April 04, 2002 03:32 PM            
That 350 ping depends on when you did it. During the week day? If so then 350 is good because our T-1 is FULL during the day. Dang college students!

I'll check everything else though.

Rex - there is a separate DDM for weapons. SSO and download type.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 04, 2002 03:43 PM            
Early morning A.M.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 04, 2002 04:27 PM            
Paranor: If you ever need me to host a map for the DDM, thats fine. Once I join I have to reboot my system every half hour. Thus also why I rarely play DDMs...so I'd be willing to host the maps if you want.

IP:

Paranor
posted April 04, 2002 06:18 PM            
What kind of system do you have that you can host RC?

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 04, 2002 07:49 PM            
An FTP server on my WinME system...I have over 100k/s upload rates here. But it can't be up all the time - I reboot about once a day on average since it is my working comp. 20GBs free is plenty of space though (as long as no one fills it up on me!)

But it would be only maps for DDMs so people can quickly get them, not any other way.

Oh - and its only available for the next month until school's out for the summer and I leave the dorm.

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited April 04, 2002).]

IP:

KONG
posted April 06, 2002 04:34 PM            
BuMp

get the mods or maps at paranors' link above ^

IP: