This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 

|
Author Topic:   03/24 Clan War Results are Ready
Paranor
posted March 29, 2002 12:51 PM            
Totally nuts game. Taxed the server big time. But still fun.

Once again, BWL RULZ JU!

http://www.karllois.com/treadmarks/ClanWarResults.htm

The all-time clan war ranking page by Coax(minus this one) is here:
http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/cw.html

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

Paranor
posted March 29, 2002 12:58 PM            
Oh yeah, we had 25+ people play. Excellent turnout.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 29, 2002 02:52 PM            
The next clan war will be ours....oh yes..the next clan war will be ours

IP:

Paranor
posted March 29, 2002 03:12 PM            
sure.................

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited March 29, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted March 29, 2002 03:15 PM            
I figured I should start throwing in fancy signatures - name courtesy of sage.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 30, 2002 04:24 AM            
sweet sig paranor, time to get my thinking cap on, my sig suddenly feels very very small LOL -

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted March 30, 2002 08:49 AM            
How did you get into your sig bro?

------------------

[IMG]http://members.aol.com/insaneo789/images/tiggs.jpg[/IMG]

"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, D.O.G - Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted March 30, 2002 08:53 AM            
Its kinda funny. The first game, there was a total of 289 frags and in only 13 minutes. Thats 1 frag every 2.85 seconds. lol

------------------

[IMG]http://members.aol.com/insaneo789/images/tiggs.jpg[/IMG]

"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, D.O.G - Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted March 30, 2002 09:53 AM            
That last game was soooo close DOGs were winning right to the last few seconds.
/gloat mode on
and I as in first place Whoo Hoo
/Gloat mode off
Great frag fest
Robo

------------------
TM Tank drivers licence applied for

IP:

Hammer
posted March 30, 2002 10:13 AM            
Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited April 04, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted March 30, 2002 02:37 PM            
Like you except maybe you have it wrong? I server mine off my web site.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 30, 2002 04:18 PM            
I asked my friend if I could borrow his T3 and he said he would think about it.The only problem is he uses it as a small ISP.If I can get it I'd like for us to have a Clan DM once a month.I don't know if he would let me host every Sunday.And if you get lag on a T3 then its coming form your end and not mine
Oh yeah,BWL suxs

IP:

Irascible
posted March 30, 2002 08:40 PM            
Dateline 3/24/02...
Game 1 - DOG with 6 players beats DNX's 7 players by 1 frag. BWL's lucky 7 win by over 30 frags.
Game 2 - DOG with 5 players beats DNX's 6 by a lucky 7 frags. BWL's 6 win by 29 frags.
Game 3 - Finally, with more players than all other teams, DNX pulls one out... beating DOG by two and BWL by ten.

I know, I know... "BWL Sucks" was a friendly taunt. I'm just analytical by nature and wanted to make sure BWL... ahem... "deserved" the victories. I didn't want any sort of "lotto" to cause anyone to say "whatever" in frustration. I would just have to deathwish myself if I saw that plasma ball of thinking headed my way. So instead of saying "DNX sucks!". I'll just say "Booooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!".

(sorry, I'm tired right now and I'm probably the only one who gets the humor in the second paragraph... except for one super sort of guy... I'm sure he get's it... hehehe.)

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 30, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted March 30, 2002 08:56 PM            
Method # 342344523412324552334 to look at it:

Frags per player.
Game 1 BWL 14.1 / LWA 11.4 / DOG 11.2 / DNX 09.4
Game 2 BWL 16.5 / DOG 14.0 / LWA 11.5 / DNX 10.5
Game 3 DOG 19.4 / BWL 17.8 / DNX 16.5 / LWA 11.0
properly weighted average for all three games
------------ BWL 15.9 / DOG 14.6 / DNX 12.0 / LWA 11.3

Frags minus Deaths per player.
Game 1 BWL +2.7 / DOG -2.2 / DNX -3.0 / LWA -3.8
Game 2 BWL +2.3 / DOG -1.8 / DNX -3.8 / LWA -4.2
Game 3 DNX +2.3 / DOG +2.0 / BWL -0.2 / LWA -8.0
properly weighted average for all three games
------------ BWL +1.8 / DOG -0.8 / DNX -1.6 / LWA -5.1

(game 1 LWA numbers may be off - I don't know if the pic cut off anyone)

IP:

Paranor
posted March 30, 2002 09:48 PM            
lol. numbers don't lie.

IP:

Paranor
posted March 30, 2002 09:49 PM            
oh yeah - we might be getting two T-1's so things might get better on my end. maybe 1-3 months. ????

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 30, 2002 10:33 PM            
Hmmm,after reading all of the exciting statistics I came to the conclusion that BWL still suxs
But what else is new.BWL always wins.At least you just happened to join the side that always wins Coming from a guy that said joining a clan just isn't his style You should death wish yourself to the nearest convienence store that sells lottery tickets since you just happened to join the clan that always wins and make it even more lopsided

Hehe...all in good fun

One more thing,BWL sux

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 30, 2002 10:34 PM            
;P

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited March 30, 2002).]

IP:

guido 1
posted March 30, 2002 11:04 PM         
just an observation , just noticed today that after checking the BWL website that a couple of new players had joined as of 3/25 irrascible , on 3/29 Glomund , and a player named Gohan , who was at the clan DDM was not listed as a member at all . just curious as to the dates for Ras and Glomund as the DDM was the 24th . i thought for a players score to count they had to be a registered member of the clan they were representing ??? according to the BWL website they weren't members until 3/25 and 3/29/02 .maybe the clans need to list their members 24 hours before a clan DDM ??? maybe the DOGS can talk super into joining us right before the start of the next clan DDM hehehehe . the list could be posted right here on the good old TM BB . then if there are any questions , we could refer back to the list here . as a matter of fact any other clan members that want to join us before the next clan DDM please do , we can put you up as new members after the DDM hehehehe . this could get interesting . lol.

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

Irascible
posted March 30, 2002 11:39 PM            
I asked to join BWL at least a week before the clan war and was accepted one or two days before. Coax can tell you. I was talking to him on ICQ about the subject the day before the clan war. The announcements on the BWL website are after the fact. Dreamer isn't always swift with such things. I don't know about Glomund. I wasn't involved. But he was only there for the first game. Even if we take away his frags it wouldn't change who won. Gohan was actually Tiger just messing around. He likes to do that. Before I knew he was Par's kid, he had me convinced he was from China... the little punk...

I'm not sure if I said that joining a clan wasn't my style. I definitely said that I don't care too much about clan stuff. Though it is growing on me. The only reason I talk clan stuff now is to gloat. :P

Not a bad idea, listing members before the DDM. Kind of like eligible player rules in football.

One more thing, having passed sixth grade math, I can give an unqualified " DNX sux! "

(now you're suppose to give me a Mark Twain quote about lies, damned lies and...)

IP:

Irascible
posted March 30, 2002 11:49 PM            
BTW Guido, or Capn Crunch (which ever you prefer), that was very Al Gore of you... hehe...

The next thing you know you're going to demand a recount of all the frags that had hanging chads.

Fun.

(So am I the last one to figure out the Capn Crunch/Guido split personalities?)

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 31, 2002).]

IP:

King John 1st
posted March 30, 2002 11:53 PM            
You'll love it! Fighting as a clan is by far the best online Treadmarks I've played, trying to get a first place for the D.O.G's on sunday was real fun only to get pipped at the post in the last couple of seconds

Anyone else want to run with the underD.O.Gs? ( for now )

IP:

guido 1
posted March 31, 2002 12:06 AM         
that must mean that LWA is not really a clan and their members are free to join another clan ..... i like the idea Irrascible . anyone else see any merit to each clan listing their members at least 24hrs. prior to a clan war ???? sort of a time stamp , no new members allowed for their score to count . it would be easy to check against a screen shot .

IP:

Irascible
posted March 31, 2002 12:15 AM            
I think LWA is a clan now. Or they will be soon. They just put up their own chat forum for the purpose of becoming a clan. I'm sure Coax, Matrix or someone will clarify when the time comes.

IP:

guido 1
posted March 31, 2002 12:22 AM         
don't feel so guilty Irrascible , you have nothing to defend , your actions were completly above board . i'm suggesting a small change to the player eligability rules . i think a player for a clan should be listed here at least 24hrs. PRIOR to the clan war . it makes little differance to me if players want to change their affiliation , just do it publicly within a 24hr. or more period . DOG is the only clan i am a member of , and was not a member of LWA . i'm not about to skip around just to get a clan win , it will come in time . give my regards to Dan Quail .... how do you spell potatoes ????? hehehhheehe .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4