|
Author Topic:   Thus Far...
=DNX= Matrix
posted March 26, 2002 01:36 PM            
These tanks are ready for use. What do you think if i move my styling to a typical old style atari feel ? - Not long to go now

Any questions

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 26, 2002 02:02 PM            
Looks nice!

IP:

King John 1st
posted March 26, 2002 02:04 PM            
Cooo, looks great! Are they all new tanks? will there be any of the same tanks we use now? are the weapons all new? or a mix of old and new? or Mods? Does it play the same as the game we know? or will there be new things to learn? is it modable? will it install over my installed Treadmarks game? or is standalone? how and when do I get a chance to see it? How do I know this isn't some April Fool's joke?

'nuff question for now

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 26, 2002 02:05 PM            
Cool!! I like them a lot!!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 26, 2002 03:42 PM            
Cooo, looks great!
- Thanks

Are they all new tanks?
- Yup !

Will there be any of the same tanks we use now?
- No, no stock, ill be rewriting the ents (probably) to stop stock tanks from being chosen, perhaps with the exception of the liquids - will have to see.

Are the weapons all new? or a mix of old and new?
- I dont know how to make weapons yet, thats the next stage when vlad finishes with his dummies guide, but yet there will be a mix of modded ones and new ones, no stock.

Does it play the same as the game we know? or will there be new things to learn?
- New things to learn, the gravity is huge compared to stock TM, theres more CLUNK that you get from metal weight as opposed to bouncing across the landscape willy nilly.

Is it modable?
- Yes, and I will be releasing addon packs for it thereafter.

Will it install over my installed Treadmarks game? or is standalone?
- As it stands at the moment you will install over a fresh tm install once patched to 1.6 ... its a total game conversion.

How and when do I get a chance to see it?
- There is a BZ Map (terracreek) which can be installed onto the BZ Demo avaiable somewhere in the tm community, i dont have the storage, it has 2 maps and 3 ships with the physics as they will be in the final version.

How do I know this isn't some April Fool's joke?
- Because its DNX

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 26, 2002 03:44 PM            
BamZip, any thoughts on the offer yet

IP:

wolfman
posted March 26, 2002 05:03 PM            
Totally awsome [as I wipe the drool from my chin].

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted March 26, 2002 05:12 PM            
Looking good!!!!!

------------------
"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, D.O.G - Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 26, 2002 05:26 PM         
Walkers for tanks? Won't that look profoundly... silly?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 26, 2002 05:35 PM            
Don't be jealous

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 26, 2002 05:46 PM            
Walkers...well...

I better stay out of this one...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 26, 2002 06:01 PM            
Come on guys be more supportive. I personally love the tanks. Don't pick on the few walkers, because the rest of those tanks are really cool.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 26, 2002 06:16 PM            
that looks the deal!! soo damn sweet!!

and whats the underlying thing about walkers here? those are the things that stood out for me in those pics, i mean mech warrior mod here we come? =D and matrix , does the 4th mech down from the 1st look like the timberwolf? cos it does from here

[edit]and whos that bloke in the bakground? billy corgan?

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

[This message has been edited by Grind_and_Click (edited March 26, 2002).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted March 26, 2002 06:29 PM            
Very good looking. As for the walkers - they look like they are on treads to me (poor eyesight?) well mostly (two do not). Oh well I do not think they are going to walk much even though they do look something like the MW4 walkers. Let the "tanks" roll. Woohooooo.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited March 26, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 26, 2002 06:39 PM            
hehehehe the walkers are my little surprise - just dont get too close to one

IP:

A2597
posted March 26, 2002 06:40 PM            
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 26, 2002 09:18 PM            
I 'm so f* **ing drunk it's unbelieveaBLE!! grind u should b thro here mate!!! anyhoo ...a m almosdt crying at the prospect of seeing my old buddy 'Walker' from the amiga 500+ days (psygnosis game)!

that game ripped and we need it in TM to round off my cyber-life!l ol

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 27, 2002 03:08 AM            
LMAO, get an icepack lol..... or indeed an icemap just for the fun of it

I posted the pic of tanks here because ppl are continuingly emailing me asking whats in it. So here it is you can see the tankstyles, 7 races, 40 maps, new weapons (balanced), new interface, new fonts, new sounds and even audio tracks..... Its not long off now friends

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 27, 2002 11:47 AM            
LOL!!! all in good time NI!
and ye whos the guy in the bak ground matrix?!?!? , and my eye sights fine :P
i just thought it coul dkinda be a walker with the option of rolling

and the timberwolf is much older than mech 4
i remember the days with mech warrior on the snes im sure u guys remember it when it was on the commodores or what not tho.

timberwolves my fave

IP:

The Cad
posted March 27, 2002 03:16 PM         
would you all stop using long sentences as it takes longer to read them...............................................................................lol

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 28, 2002 02:19 AM            
bump

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 28, 2002 12:33 PM            
I resent that remark sir, I believe that very longer sentences are a must at times, you see when you begin to read them you become very very very very dizzy, and your eyes start to water and you have to keep scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling until you feel your hand will come off and fly around the room before finally scrolling again and again! This topic is the perfect top for LOOOOOOONG sentences!!!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 28, 2002 03:34 PM            
The only reason that it is long is because of the image.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

peeeto
posted March 28, 2002 03:38 PM         
i think he was referring to the excessively wide width, caused by A25's post that contained a very long word.

shame on you, A25!

IP: