|
Author Topic:   Schwing!
ARAGON
posted March 26, 2002 12:48 PM            
I have noticed that once in awhile my turret will swing madly from left to right when I select the V button (which resets the turret to be straight). The swinging will stop when it eventually straightens itself out. But this isn't helpful when you have 5 guys trying to frag you! Sometimes its fixed when I reboot, sometimes not. Any ideas?

------------------
Ain't nothin' but a TM thang baby, three-low-down brothers goin' fraggin....
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G. -Aragon.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 26, 2002 02:11 PM            
Do you have a joystick attached to your comp?

What (if any) controllers do you have connected or enabled for TM or other games?

[edit] If you do have a joystick, what is the deadzone setting? This is by far the most overlooked fix for controllers [/edit]

What kind of mouse are you using?

What's the sensitivity of your mouse settings within TM?

You're not pounding the table are you? LOL...

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited March 26, 2002).]

IP:

kv
posted March 26, 2002 03:07 PM            
I've seen this odd turret behavior too, while using either a joystick or keyboard.

The turret will constantly swing slightly to the left and right after returning to center. Usually a simple re-rotation and re-centering will fix it when it happens to me.

IP:

guido 1
posted March 26, 2002 06:56 PM         
i've found that with tm in windowed mode the culprit is the mouse pointer . if i keep the pointer somewhere in the game field the turret swinging will stop . if i push it up all the way into the frame it will swing like crazy . i usually put it near the upper left or right corner just below the window frame , still in the game field ... don't know if it will help you , but it works for me .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

kv
posted March 26, 2002 07:30 PM            
nope, I always play fullscreen.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 26, 2002 07:48 PM            
Here's a better question, Why are the graphics 100 times better in window mode then in full screen?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

guido 1
posted March 26, 2002 11:04 PM         
maybe it's still the mouse ??? can't sat in full screen mode , with the windowed mode maxed it's almost the same size , but for me plays a lot better .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP: