posted March 25, 2002 08:41 PM
Looks like we need to setup some basic rules for TM Soccer before things get too out of hand. Here are some guidelines to start with. If you disagree, please state why.
1. Unlike spawn fragging, intentionally shooting/kicking the other players does not constitute fair play.
2. You can bump other players' tanks.
3. You can block the opposition's aim path to the ball. It is the responsibility of the player to get a clean shot on the ball and not the other player.
4. You should wait for at least 1 opposition player to appear before starting play. You should confirm play by asking "Go?".
This may be alleviated by increasing the connect time delay from 30 seconds to 45 seconds. However, that would mean ALL games would have this delay. This would become rather cumbersome for if the only players connecting were broadband players.
5. Any accidental shots on a player should be appologized by "sry" or some other kind gesture. If you are going be unsportsmanlinke in your game play, you can always leave.
6. Jousting (gladiator mode) should be reserved for the final minutes and ONLY if agreed upon by ALL other players. This would allow a free-for-all, kick-them-in-the-goal fest and the ability to take out their frustrations from the game. This is best suited for a "blow-out" game where it would be impossible for the other side to catch up in the final minutes. Again, if only agreed upon by ALL players! This might not be a good idea for standard soccer matchups, but great for 1v1 or 2v2 games.
Any other ideas?