|
Author Topic:   Suggestions for TM Soccer Rulez...
BamZipPow
posted March 25, 2002 08:41 PM            
Looks like we need to setup some basic rules for TM Soccer before things get too out of hand. Here are some guidelines to start with. If you disagree, please state why.

1. Unlike spawn fragging, intentionally shooting/kicking the other players does not constitute fair play.

2. You can bump other players' tanks.

3. You can block the opposition's aim path to the ball. It is the responsibility of the player to get a clean shot on the ball and not the other player.

4. You should wait for at least 1 opposition player to appear before starting play. You should confirm play by asking "Go?".
This may be alleviated by increasing the connect time delay from 30 seconds to 45 seconds. However, that would mean ALL games would have this delay. This would become rather cumbersome for if the only players connecting were broadband players.

5. Any accidental shots on a player should be appologized by "sry" or some other kind gesture. If you are going be unsportsmanlinke in your game play, you can always leave.

6. Jousting (gladiator mode) should be reserved for the final minutes and ONLY if agreed upon by ALL other players. This would allow a free-for-all, kick-them-in-the-goal fest and the ability to take out their frustrations from the game. This is best suited for a "blow-out" game where it would be impossible for the other side to catch up in the final minutes. Again, if only agreed upon by ALL players! This might not be a good idea for standard soccer matchups, but great for 1v1 or 2v2 games.

Any other ideas?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 27, 2002 11:40 PM            
Seeing that no one else seems to mind any rules in TM Soccer...

Yeah, I know...you had other topics to tend to...

So I was on the server and discussing a few things with the players. Since I've bumped up the mass on the Tron tanks (for now) so that the mass driver has a less effect to the tanks (pea shooter won't even phase them), there begs the question.

Would it matter if someone did shoot you while you were going after the ball? It would be almost like a bump/nudge. Could be used a defensive tactic. Would it make sense now to have any unenforceable rules to TM Soccer besides scoring the ball? or even that person who's been kicking you with the mass all game long?

I've got a vote from Dudymas to allow shooting players in TM Soccer.

What do you think?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 28, 2002 04:40 AM            
I must say that getting nailed by the mass was a negative side effect and unavoidible...and seemed to happen every 30 seconds
I say just leave the rules as is and do not try to hit a player.And if they do hit you on accident it won't be so bad.
I rather liked shooting the enemy into a goal though

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 28, 2002 03:50 PM            
Don't change the rules they seem good to me. But, one amendment needs to be allowed. Coax should be able to knock Bam into the goal whenever he chooses since Bam has knocked me in 5 times now and I've only gotten him once

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 28, 2002 04:58 PM            
Did I shoot you in the goal that many times? You might have slipped too close to the goal line...yeah, that's it! Oh...it wasn't me who shot you in there anyways...it was Goku!! I play the ball! LOL!

So I have 1 vote for rules and 2 votes to allow shooting of the other players (especially into their own goals). Any others? Don't complain if you don't say anything and you get scored on AND shot into your own goal. Heeheee...

IP:

wolfman
posted March 28, 2002 05:06 PM            
Save the tanks into the goal for the last 5 minutes or so.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 28, 2002 10:45 PM            
I said keep the rules and I think coax did too?That would be 2 for keeping rules.

IP: