This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Ideas for a new TM patch (1.61?)
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 25, 2002 05:19 AM            
Please post your ideas for what you would like fixed or added in a new patch and I'll email LDA about it when we decide.Please keep spam to a minimal and try not to get carried away with ideas.I'm sure LDA will be limited to what they can do and I'm not sure they would even want to do it at all but it won't hurt to bring it to their attention.

I'd like to see a 30 second delay added to the shadow if you reload it.Like it is with the nuke and material bomb.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted March 25, 2002 05:32 AM            
I would like to see the radar moved. When there is a lot of chatting you cant see the radar.

My thought on making TM a little better.

------------------
"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, D.O.G - Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted March 25, 2002 06:38 AM            
I would like to see a Radio chat for Team Play (ala Roger wilco / Teamsound) supported by the game server (I can't type won't type)

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 25, 2002 08:42 AM            
Couple of new functions (I've e-mailed them over the last year to Tom and Jim...) - I don't remember them...thats why I e-mailed them.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 25, 2002 09:33 AM            
I don't think the radar should be removed! It's vital man!

All the posts in Grind's thread in the mod's section are pretty sound for suggestions.

back to AI's and chat-fragging maybe! somehow make AI's less prone to fragging you when you're supposed to be typing something to a certain degree.

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 25, 2002 09:35 AM            
dethwish replaced with sumit what doesent kill you but frees u from getin stuk, mini pogo is best ive herd like incy.
and spawn fragging , fixed by erethreal spawning like in my thred

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 25, 2002 09:49 AM            
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000320.html

there!! Some developments frm that here I guess!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 25, 2002 10:23 AM            
What about user control over HUD design (limited to predefined locations though...)

IP:

MexIndian
posted March 25, 2002 12:42 PM            
I guess it would be cool to see some missiles like the nuke & matter bomb on the radar (someone else suggested it). No explosions or other things, just the actual missile. Also, if possible replace the red & green dots with team color dots... helpful to know if two red dots are fighting eachother or comin after you.

I dig the mini-pogo idea vs. Alt-K, or at least, a 10-15 sec. delay on Alt-K.

------------------
What are you doing wrong?
Why are you doing it wrong?
Why are you still doing it wrong?
------
<-=+ TEAM MEXEEETO +=->

IP:

-=-Slayer-=-
posted March 25, 2002 03:37 PM            
I Would not mind seeing a Crosshair for when your firering at someone

------------------

[This message has been edited by -=-Slayer-=- (edited March 25, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 25, 2002 04:29 PM            
That reminds me.I would like to have it where a fresh spawn is invincible for say 3 seconds.I thought about 5 secs but I don't want to give a new spawn any advantages.(sorry Grind,just reread your thread so I wasn't stealing your idea )Just enough time for the person to throw it in reverse and get out of there.I forgot that you also have to drop down onto the ground and that takes about a second.I'll have to get in the game and time it to see what it should be.I also just noticed in Grind's thread that it should be made that the new spawn cannot fire for the ammount of time of the invincibility time is.But they should be able to pick up a weapon in that time but will not be able to fire it until the 5 secs are up.That should take care of anyone that wants to try to get frags when they are invincible.So a 5 second invincible/unable to fire but able to pick up a weapon,once someone spawns.Something I think is really needed.
I think the radar is fine where it is.If you move it anywhere else it might end up in your line of sight with the enemy.
What is the point of showing colors Mex?I'm not knocking you I just don't understand your reason for wanting it.Right now everyone on your team is green while everyone else is red and the bad guys.
All other ideas mentioned on this thread are good I think.
I may have to start another thread to handle the modded maps we want to add since I can forsee this thread getting really messy if we include it here
I don't think we should have crosshairs since there is already too much homing going on.Don't think we need something to make shots even more accurate.
I really like the idea of having a 10 second delay on deathwish and maybe a 10 or 15 second delay before your tank respawns once you get back into the game.That should take care of anybody that wants to abuse the system and the people that end up doing it will be the people that really need to do it,like getting stuck in the ground....ect.A mini pogo sounds like a good idea but it s not really needed if we use the two dealys mentioned above.
I'm not sure how well this could be done or if it could be done...or matter if it was done,but I would like to see the graphics updated to take advantage of DirectX8.1.

I'd also like to see team chat show up in a different color font by default.Maybe hot pink or something I know its hard to sometimes read everything that scrolls across the bottom and you shouldn't miss imortant messages.
That about all I can think of right now.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 25, 2002 05:15 PM            
team chat diff color, nice idea, maybe even diff noise!?!

and ther emight be some questions as to dirtballs and mater bombs being able to afect the new spawned ethereal tanks , well they arent , just make it so when the new little or small hill i smade , the tank is merely imediately at the top of it but no force propeling it into the air will be kept i guess

[This message has been edited by Grind_and_Click (edited March 25, 2002).]

IP:

guido 1
posted March 25, 2002 07:54 PM         
i can't stand when one third of the screen is obscured by all the chatting during a ddm . last night was horrible for finding a spawn point , and even seeing what was goin on to the left and right.... very annoying in my opinion . i wish there were a way that only a message to me would show onscreen , maybe in the graphics a way to turn on or off chat . i'd like to disable the onscreen stuff during a ddm like so and ao killed so and so with a whatever . i'd rather have the screen space and a clear view ... not a bunch of clutter . the voice over net idea is good , if it wouldn't add to the lag , which last night was bad at times . maybe use only team chat , that might help for now during an event , and use the regular chat for between map changes and such .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 25, 2002 11:16 PM            
bump

IP:

Rex R
posted March 26, 2002 02:39 AM            
have do some checking but, I think team chat color is do-able now. what color would you like?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 26, 2002 04:30 AM            
Something bright and that will stand out from the rest and show up against all terrain.Blue or red might work well.

I was wondering if keys that aren't used as default could be used to bind a special ability or action?Mainly think it could be used in modding.For example,if tanks had special abilities like a turbo speed or invisibility,could it be made that you could hit the s key(for special) and make the ability happen?I'm being really vague because I may or may not be working on something and don't want to give it away at this point I'm not asking if the actual modding could be done,I'm asking if you could made so a certain key could be used to bind a new or current action?The ability to use that key to control a action that dosen't exsist yet.I know TM allows you to change the default TM actions to whatever key you want...What if I made a tank that had the special abilty to go into turbo speed and I wanted to bind that turbo speed to the s key..is that something that could be added by a patch..not the turbo speed but the ability for me to assign a key to enable turbo speed in the game?If that isn't a option now could LDA make it a option in a patch?I'm guessing its not a option now since you enable cloaking on the Warbird by hitting the fire button.That could open up a whole new area for modders.

Of course the new patch could contain patches for new hardware and software like Windoze XP.I know lots of people have had problems with XP.

And I know some people miss the old camera angle.Thats is something else that could be added in camera options.I think Bam said he messed around and was able to get it to work again.

I would also like to see new font colors for names.That would be neat.Like DNX could have all their names in blue.Maybe there could be a option in the TM menu settings that lets you pick you own font colors for your name,team message colors,normal message color,color of text for you frags when it says you just fragged so in so.

Thats about all I can think of right now.Are we all in pretty much agreement of what others and myself have said?Not much arguing going on

IP:

Rex R
posted March 26, 2002 05:17 AM            
I like the idea of being able to pre-define text msg's and assign a key/key combo to them. fer instance; say alt+t 1 = hi all, alt+y 1 = guard the flag.
course having a special function key would open up new avenues for mods; say secondary fire modes like, fire all wasps at once (up to max normal load, wasps 40, mrl's 16)

IP:

Zulu One
posted March 26, 2002 01:32 PM         
I find it really annoying that when your turret is somewhere other than in front of you, you can't see both where you're going and where you're shooting at the same time (a real problem when racing), so I would like to see a turret-cam displayed on the screen, where it won't obscure your main view but is still visible (maybe at the top, just below the status-bar-esque thing).

------------------
The best is the enemy of the good.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 26, 2002 04:18 PM            
Thats what I was thinking too Rex.TM2 will have alternate fire so can we have it now for the computer version too?Comes in handy when you got a nuke and one person is persuing you.Hit them with the 120.The 120 is stil there even though you are carrying a nuke.Then the whole binding keys for actions that don't exisit yet.

And I really like the predefined text chat idea.I don't think the 1-0 number keys are used.I can't help thinking of Tribes.For those of you that haven't played it has a chat system build in the game with lots of predefined chat messages in different voice types,depending on what type of soldier you pick.We don't need to special voice but the chat command menu would be nice.For example,you press the ~ key to bring up the chat interface.A menu will pop up on the side of your screen with different chat catergories listed by numbers.Then each catergory would havve subcatergories.I'm trying to think of exactly what those catergories are but its been a while.For us we could have something like this:
1-Team
1-Commands
1-Attack
2-Stay close
3-Guading the flag
4-Try to capture the flag
5-Need help
6-Need health
7-I have a nuke
2-Warnings
1-Enemy has Shadow
2-Incoming hostiles
3-Congrats
1-Good game
2-Nice shot
3-Good job
4-CTF
2-Everybody
1-Good game
2-That was funny
3-That all you got?

So if you wanted to tell everybody good game you would go ~-3-1.Its a lot faster than it seems.It wouldn't take long for you to remember what keys to press to say what.
Not even close to a complete list but you get the idea.You would still be able to use the team and general chat keys if you have something else to say.I think a little chat menu interface like that could be added without much problem.Works really good for Tribes.

Hello people?!When you don't argue about something I'm assuming its a good idea.I don't want to hear any complaining if the list goes to LDA and they do it,and you didn't say a word

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 26, 2002 04:23 PM            
Invoke the lock on parameter!! Nothing like tagging a tank only to have a "guided" weapon aim for the nearest tank instead of the one you were pursuing. Especially those cheap parts they put into the guidance for those nukes/cruise missles...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 26, 2002 04:33 PM            
Opps..that example didn't come out right.In the example once you hit the ~ there was 3 options,(1)team,(2)CTF, (3)general.Team has subcategories too like (1)Command and (2)Congrats and so on.Command might have messages that say (1) stay close,(2)attack,(3)be carefull,(4)everybody go on three,(5)regroup,(6)everybody on your own...ect

So if you wanted to tell your team to attack on the count of three you would go ~114.Really simple.1 for team chat.1 again for team command.And 4 to give you team the command to attack on the count of three."Everybody go on three" would be what your whole team would see when you hit ~114

If you aren't sure about what I'm talking about just do a search for the Tribes 2 chat engine and you'll find out.

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 26, 2002 04:58 PM            
Chat Keys, Based on some of the stuff I seen in chat:

1 Holy -[Exploitive Deletive]-
    2 Good Shot!
    3 Weeeeeeeeeeee -[After taking a mass driver hit]-
    4 Hey bub, I chased him down and killed him, I deserve to return the flag.
    5 Blow it out your -[Exploitive Deletive]-
    6 RUN!!!!! NUUUUUUUKE!!!!!!
    7 Chaotic Evil... There goes the neighborhood...
    8 Spawn Killer!!!
    9 Camper!!!
    10 L.. A... G... !!!
    11 Excuse me, your arse is ''a blaze''
    12 Hey I'm on your team, Bozo!!!
    13 That's gonna leave a mark!
    14 That -[Exploitive Deletive]- keeps reloading the Chaos.
    15 <TEAM> It's Guido... EVERYBODY ATTACK!!!!!
    16 Has anyone seen my shoe???

That's just a few things I seen.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted March 26, 2002 05:26 PM            
Kevlar, were most of those from Goku? lol I guess if they were from Goku you would need on that say "I hate you" lol.

Ni. I said MOVE the radar NOT remove the radar.

------------------
"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, D.O.G - Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted March 26, 2002 05:27 PM            
What about user defined chat keys. Kinda make your own. Like I could make one that says DOH!!!

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 26, 2002 06:08 PM            
man i havent seen a bad call YET! these are all brilliant ideas and i agree with them all, i say some tanks shoul dhave more armour tho depending on there obviouse size (claymore) and there disabilitys e.g slowness manouvrebility , cos the only tank with altered damage is the mite as super told me, but liek , a claymore having the same armour as a talon just doesent look right, thats why no body goes the claymore , i think somthing should be included to make tanks liek this more apeeling

can anyone elaborate on this?

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2