|
Author Topic:   Modded LDA Server!!!!
Sage
posted March 21, 2002 08:06 AM            
Hey LDA people,

Me and many of the other TM players were wondering if you would change the LDA Server to a LDA Modded Map server.

I got a few maps that I would like to see which you can get at: http://tmmaps.tripod.com/tmmaps/dmindexl.htm

The Killer Boomstickville
TurdHeart's Invader
Sailor's Standoff Ridge
Matrix's Terra Creek
Kevla's Nuclear Winter
Sage's Ninja Starian

and thats about for my list. What els should we have:

IP:

peeeto
posted March 21, 2002 09:22 AM         
not to be a kill joy... but IMHO, LDA should keep their server un-moded and available 24/7. if they could, then maybe start a second moded server, but they should have a very good, fast, regular, reliable server available at all times for new players.

(i know, i know, there aren't many new players lately, but there are others who can more easily host moded games on very good servers, like Hammer...

BTW, thank you, Hammer, and all others who make servers available for us - we really appreciate it!)

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 21, 2002 12:15 PM            
yeah guys , mucho respect to you dudes, without it...well....TM just wouldent be possible

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 21, 2002 10:34 PM            
Again Sage I ask that you bring it before the forum before you go and ask LDA to change something with the server.Everybody goes there because its stock and its fast and its up all the time.Mods are ok for a while but they get old fast.It ould be nice though to have another permanant server that could handle mods,CTF or whatever.
Thanks man.I'm sure your mods are kick butt.

IP:

Hammer
posted March 21, 2002 10:51 PM            
I checked out the maps and got most of them. But Matrix's Terra Cotta map kept giving me an error when I unzipped it. Can anyone check it out? If I can I'll try and put a game with these maps up for a while.

IP:

Irascible
posted March 21, 2002 11:40 PM            
I agree with you Supe on the overly powerful modded weapons. But are you saying you also get tired of some of the better maps too? There are some real high quality maps that LDA could use if they choose to.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 21, 2002 11:45 PM            
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000324.html

Hammer! I got it straight from the horses mouth (soz to call your puter that Matrix) and it's fine! just must've been a muck up somewhere down the line to putting it on the site!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

Sage
posted March 22, 2002 12:17 AM            
Hey it was Sailor's idea!!! Anyway, not modded weapons, just maps. And the server could have stock a modded maps.

Also, two LDA servers would be nice but I like having only one LDA server, modded or stock.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 22, 2002 12:25 AM            
Yup - the CRC error
( http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/8659/crc.htm )

was caused in the download, me, sailor and kong have checked our files and they all check out 100% - try downloading again guys.

and you got that from the horses mouth

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 22, 2002 04:13 AM            
It would be nice to see some modded maps become stock and used on servers,but,I don't see that really happening unless LDA releases a patch that contains the new maps.
LDA is the server with the most traffic and so most everybody coming on will want to go to that server.And some will find that they have to go download several megs of maps to play on it once they get there.That would hurt if you had a 56k or less modem.And then newbies will come and not know to get the URL in the sever comments and I have been seeing a lot of new people coming on the laswt few months.Maybe Sage is asking the wrong question.Maybe we should be asking LDA to make some mod maps offical the include them on their server.I've always said that I wished LDA would make some maps stock.Some are very good.

IP:

peeeto
posted March 22, 2002 01:45 PM         
one really neat idea is to ask LDA if they'd put all the user-made maps in the next release of TM!

you guys put SO MUCH creative work into them - they'd be a great addition to stock TM!!!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 22, 2002 05:26 PM            
But only the maps, *shudders to think of what would happen if some newbie went out adn bought a copy of TM, brought it home, and tried to play, but kept getting killed by swarms of cookie dough while the ground shook from Anti-Flower Power Missles

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

peeeto
posted March 22, 2002 05:58 PM         
LoL! good point, GA

but another idea is for LDA to put all the existing mods on the CD as well, with instructions on how to add them!

IP:

guido 1
posted March 23, 2002 12:38 AM         
good grief ..... i'm still tryin to get used to the map lineup that's on the LDA server , and we do use it as a backup for ddm's . but you guy's do what you want ..... ok by me .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 23, 2002 01:48 AM            
for the maps - excellent idea
for the weapons - think balance b4 adding any.

IP:

Hammer
posted March 23, 2002 12:11 PM            
Well, I went ahead and put up a server with the aforementioned maps. Very cool! I am very happy only thing is I can not figure out how to make the zip file for them correctly. If someone could help I would appreciate it.

The Maps are:

boomstickville
dm ninja starain
dm standoff ridge
dm nuclear winter
invader
Terra Creeek
Thanks

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 23, 2002 12:43 PM            
I will make and post one if you want.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 23, 2002 01:51 PM            
Here is the link for the pack.
http://www.tm-central.com/ftp/tm_misc/index.htm

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Hammer
posted March 23, 2002 05:48 PM            
Thanks Kevlar! Your da Best! Someday I'll figure it out and won't have to bother you. Thanks again.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 24, 2002 07:36 PM            
Hmmm

I'd like to see a TM Classic server from LDA featuring:
- Tank acceleration and friction changed to V1.0 values.
- Weapon guidence change to V1.0 values.

IP: