|
Author Topic:   Don't you just hate it when...
Paranor
posted March 19, 2002 08:08 PM            
You are a network analyst and have nagged on people for a decade + to do backups but don't backup your own **** however you've recently said to yourself "I really should backup" and so then your W2K system decides to totally corrupt the registry that according to the MS W2K class I just taught is impossible to do and decide to try and do a "repair" on what you assume is the registry based on the error messages not even giving you a )*)@* file name even though you don't have that *)$@*)$* repair disk because you would rather play Treadmarks (hence I can post it in this area ) than backup your system.

Don't you just hate that?

And don't you just hate it that you can't find your )*$)@*$) W2K CD to just do a simple re-install so you can dump your stuff to CD but luckily you remembered you have your XP CD and thought well now is as good as time as any to upgrade but knowing full well that you should *never* "upgrade" a MS OS installation instead install XP and dump your stuff to CD hoping to god you get everything and then start over with a fresh OS install along with the applications?

But don't you just hate it when you have a laptop from work that's good enough to play TM while you sit there and type in the silly stuff MS wants you to do during it's install?

whew!

EDIT: and don't you just hate it when Yahoo mail decides to not work and you really really need to get at your serial numbers especially on the WIn98 install you are doing for your friends dad at the same time as upgrading to XP. Don't you just hate that?

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited March 19, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 20, 2002 04:20 AM            
Ahhh..that horrible Windoze registry restorer Nothing beats that moment when you are booting up and you get the blue screen that says Windoze found a error in the registry and will now restore a previous working version of the registry.Then you finally get into Windoze and notice that the stuff you have installed and saved during the last few months is now gone bye bye.Doh!

IP:

Paranor
posted March 20, 2002 09:07 AM            
Meh, copied everything over to CD and reformatted the drive and now I have XP. Wanted to get that done sooner or later because it has WINDOZE MOVIEW MAKER! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH LOOKOUT SPIELBERG.

IP:

ARAGON
posted March 20, 2002 06:21 PM            
Yeah, I taught Parnor everything he knows.....why is my nose growing?

------------------
Ain't nothin' but a TM thang baby, three-low-down brothers goin' fraggin....
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G. -Aragon.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

MexIndian
posted March 20, 2002 06:56 PM            
Hey Par, when is part II of "TM - The Movie" comin' thru?
I want people to check out my mad skiznills (or lack thereof).

------------------
What are you doing wrong?
Why are you doing it wrong?
Why are you still doing it wrong?
------
<-=+ TEAM MEXEEETO +=->

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 20, 2002 07:05 PM            
Yeah... And I want to see you sink the Clubhouse!

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP: