|
Author Topic:   Chat Proggy
Kevlar
posted March 18, 2002 11:16 AM            
A lot of you may have discovered this little app, but I just ran across it and wanted to share it.

It combines AIM, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, MSN and IRC chat programs all into one interface. And I have heard that Aol filed suit against them for tapping into the AIM IM'er, hehehe.

I just started using it and so far it works great. No Spyware either, you can deselect at install, the part about tracking usage.
http://www.trillian.cc/index.html

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 18, 2002 12:04 PM            
Trillian is fine, but be aware, such items as file transfer will not work across formats eg: trillian to icq etc... For compatibility of chat though its a great app providing thats all you want to do with it.

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 18, 2002 01:43 PM            
Ah, I did not know that. Not that I do a lot of transferring that way, but it would be nice if it did.

IP:

Paranor
posted March 18, 2002 01:51 PM            
I could never get it to work with AOL, MSN and Yahoo consistently.

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 18, 2002 02:12 PM            
trillian also shows the users ip#s

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coax (edited March 18, 2002).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 18, 2002 02:50 PM            
Well, I just transferred files between Trillion-ICQ and back, and Trillion-AIM and back, haven't tried the others.

IP address!!! You got to be kidding. You can get IP's from ICQ too. Just about any that allow file transfers (pier to pier).

IP:

synack
posted March 18, 2002 05:57 PM         
Some of you will recall that Trillian (a.k.a. Tricia McMillan) is also the name of Zaphod Beeblebrox's girlfriend in the Douglas Adams Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.

ok ... it's back to sleep.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 18, 2002 09:04 PM            
didnt know they had upgraded trillian to do file transfer cross-format so i just got educated - as for ip's i see em anyway - i have the necessary patch to display everything i need

IP:

guido 1
posted March 18, 2002 09:44 PM         
why would you want to see a dynamic ip ????

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 18, 2002 11:43 PM            
You can do a lot with a dynamic ip. It's just that it usually won't be the same person for very long.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 19, 2002 01:11 AM            
Thats not true, theres plenty you can do with a dynamic ip, just not as much as you can with a static ip.

IP:

MexIndian
posted March 19, 2002 07:09 PM            
Matrix......you're scaring me....

------------------
What are you doing wrong?
Why are you doing it wrong?
Why are you still doing it wrong?
------
<-=+ TEAM MEXEEETO +=->

IP: