This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   CLAN DDM 03/24/02
Paranor
posted March 17, 2002 10:42 PM            
Oh yeah baby. It's clan war time. Next scheduled DDM is Clan War.

Current stats thank to Coax:
http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/cw.html

Usual time of 08:00 PM EST.

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 17, 2002 10:44 PM            
if you don't belong to a clan..then yer not supposed to show?

Or go in there and sweep the lily colored pants off of the clans? Snicker...

IP:

A2597
posted March 17, 2002 11:03 PM            
I'll try to make it!
<--hates school

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

Paranor
posted March 18, 2002 12:49 AM            
Stupid me - I forgot to put the team colors!

BWL: BLACK
DNX: BLUE
DOG: GOLD
LWA: GREEN

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 18, 2002 02:12 AM            
I hope you have better luck than me at getting this going.Ends up a debate about the time and date then gets buried under others threads and forgotten.What date?Whatever the date is its not good for me

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 18, 2002 02:50 AM            
Its at the regular DDM time

I really do beleive we should use a hidden server though.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted March 18, 2002 02:57 AM            
You're not in a clan Bam? Seems like anymore all you have to do is say "I want to be in a clan." and recruiters will be at your door in the morning. So just say the word and you can be in three!

Someone will probably answer your question better than me. But if you're not in a clan they usually suggest you go on the team with the least players. AFAIK, you don't have to be in a clan to join.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 18, 2002 03:07 AM            
During a clan war its frowned upon to have non-affiliates on the battle field too. It just seems to subtract something away from both the victory and the loss. Anyways if you want to join in on the clan war, I'm sure one of the clans will pick you up. Or you could always join us Lone Wolves and shoot up the other clans.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 18, 2002 03:47 AM            
I'll be the first to offically ask.=DNX=BamZipPow? and how bout your ol buddy =DNX=DrPepper?
I can't believe noboby had asked you?You have to be one of those that don't want to join anything.

Paranor,I ckecked out your webpage.Do you plan on keeping up with the other scoring system or is it too much work?

IP:

Paranor
posted March 18, 2002 09:50 AM            
hey smarty pants, I wasn't around last nite SO HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO UPDATE IT!

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 18, 2002 10:13 AM            
Hey par man.. good site for DDM curiosity! Always wanted to b a figure skater :P

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 18, 2002 11:12 AM            
i think hidden server unless lone wolves are in there own section
cos its just we need som espirit!1 and we fight lone wolves all the time so its novelty to have your DNXers fight with u against DOG or stuff...i duno if u get wot i mean but ye i guess its all good then

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 18, 2002 12:06 PM            
hidden ip servers are the bees knees for private vs games

IP:

Paranor
posted March 18, 2002 01:52 PM            
Yeah, I use some technical terms Ni.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 18, 2002 04:14 PM            
Jezz,I wasn't be a smarty...I was just asking?I don't care if you don't update it,just think its interesting to look at from time to time

IP:

wolfman
posted March 18, 2002 04:42 PM            
Hey Bam
If you want to be in a Clan, that is not a Clan, but is kind of a Clan, join LWA lol Nice seeing you on the server last night - ciao JT

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 18, 2002 05:11 PM            
So I've been offered to join the clans/nonclans... I have a few questions...

What are the rulez of engagement? What's expected of me to be in a clan/nonclan?

What are the required skill sets? Turrent spinning, tank flipping, trash talking, butt stomping fun?

Do any of the clans hold training/practice sessions?

Who's butt do I get to kick...er, has to kick my butt to join? Sorta like joining a gang...

Is there a clan initation map?

Does personal possesion of an original Amiga A500 and A3000 w/WB 3.1 have anything to do with joining a clan? Yes, Matrix...that one's aimed at you. : ]

Are there any clan stuff that one can buy to show off their affiliation?

Does being prior military have anything to do with joining a clan?

Will spawn fragging be allowed in the Clan DDM? Not that I do that on purpose...

Will team damage be on for the Clan DDM?

Are there anymore new secret stuff within TM?

Why am I asking all these questions? LoL...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 18, 2002 05:27 PM            
Clans and non-clans are not that formal. Only major rules in clans are that you have to wear their [tag] and be somewhat a regular at their websites and forums, and that it is frowned upon jumping from one clan to an other. Non-clans have no rules itís for us lone wolves to participate in the clan events too. I would recommend joining a clan or non-clan that has the most players in it that you get along with.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

guido 1
posted March 18, 2002 09:50 PM         
i joined a clan , why not you ???? just don't join dog , they have enough real good players . maybe help out sage's fledgling clan . hehehehe .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

Irascible
posted March 18, 2002 10:03 PM            
Guido,

There's no desire here to continue our pissing contest. I am just curious. Are you a member of D.O.G. or some other clan?

I was checking out member sites today. I don't see you here: http://www.dnxworld.homestead.com/clans.html
or here: http://home.freeuk.net/kingjohn1st/index.html

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 18, 2002 11:11 PM            
Not really any rules.Just try your best to show up when we call on you which is so far mainly just for Clan DDM's.And try to play as a team and not a individual when we have to fight.DNX does need more active players and Matrix is always looking for a modder to help out on DNX things.If you are interested email me and I'll tell you everything

IP:

Rex R
posted March 19, 2002 02:06 AM            
rules of engagement; clan members generally don't like for their team mates to be shooting their fellow clan members, aside from the fact that those frags are not counted.
entry requirements
ussually require that the prospective member be observered in 'battle' by the clan/clan leader

IP:

Paranor
posted March 19, 2002 12:44 PM            
HS - an Amiga?

You really shouldn't spawn frag if possible - it will make the score lopsided. Now, if you happen to lay the plasma mines on the spawn point, that's a different story.

And this isn't Treadmarks 101 - team damage is on!

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited March 19, 2002).]

IP:

guido 1
posted March 19, 2002 07:30 PM         
Ras i could tell you ...... but then i'd have to kill you . hehe seriously though , i'm in a clan , and wish to keep it private . i knew long ago that i wouldn't stand much of a chance in a ddm if i didnt have another identity .... you know the clark kent type thing . this way when i play ddm's i don't have enemies ( real or imagined ) hehe .... gives me a bit of freedom . rather ingenious wouldn't you say ???? on second thought , dont answer that hehehhee .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

Irascible
posted March 19, 2002 07:45 PM            
"i knew long ago that i wouldn't stand much of a chance in a ddm if i didnt have another identity "

You don't stand much of a chance anyway... fun... .

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2