|
Author Topic:   Translation
HUT
posted March 17, 2002 04:56 AM            
Hi !
I learning the english language, so maybe someone will help me to understand few words that I saw during game at chat line, because I can't find it in my dictionary.

1) You are cuasing major tag
2) latewer
3) you are not supposed to do that
4) cmon rich
5) hang one let even thing up a bit

I will be very thankfull. Maybe someone has a dictionary with words used in TreadMarks and send me on my e-mail hut11@wp.pl ?

By the way, thanks for the last games. That was great .

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted March 17, 2002 08:38 AM            
WORD

------------------
"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, D.O.G - Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

Hammer
posted March 17, 2002 09:48 AM            
Hut,
Seems most of these are "Typo's"(Errors in Spelling or Puncuation) made by the player.
I'll try to explain them but even, I, a real butcher of the "American Language" could be wrong!

1) You are cuasing major tag

You are "causing" major "lag"
"causing" = (making happen)
"lag" = (network congestion) (high ping rates)

2) "latewer"

"later" = (not now)

3) You are not supposed to do that

No errors here. It means: "that whatever, the player was doing, was wrong or not the correct procedure"

4) cmon rich

Another "Typo" which seems to mean the player is addressing another player named Richard shortened to "Rich" and saying to him "come on" which could mean a number of things depending upon the context in which it was said.

Ok now this one's a little scary:
"hang one" I am not sure what this means but judging from the rest of the phrase I would conclude it to mean: To drop an AI or Player from one of the Teams to even the sides. As in:
"hang one let us even things up a bit "bit" meaning "little"

Hope this helps you! Be fragging you soon!

We call this "English" but I am sure if you ask Matrix or any of the other players from England they could tell you what it really is.

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited March 17, 2002).]

IP:

guido 1
posted March 17, 2002 10:40 AM         
one you may have missed Hut . Guido = Good . Ras = ????? this one has me stumped . good to see you playin regularly Hut , do you have any other favorite pc games ???? have you seen EL Supremo ??? from the ngi server demo day's ???? nice that your posting here on the BB . What is your job in Poland ????

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 17, 2002 02:19 PM            
Later is used most often as you are leaving a game.It just means that I will see you later.

IP:

HUT
posted March 18, 2002 05:19 AM            
Thank you very much.

IP:

kv
posted March 18, 2002 04:53 PM            
Perhaps..

is actually, "hang on, lets even things up a bit". Which would probably mean that teams were uneven and someone switched sides.

IP:

synack
posted March 18, 2002 06:01 PM         
I think you're right, kv.

HUT! nice to see you posting more! Good luck with learning English.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 18, 2002 11:57 PM            
oh yeah HUT!!! to make this simple...never let me near a Polish-born drink for as long as I live as it makes me do incredibly stupid things!

Recently experienced and still feeling the consequences! You guys rock!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

HUT
posted March 20, 2002 04:01 AM            
Hi -DNX-Ni
I have got recipe onto something stronger. For example : "Mad Dog", first 40 ml vodka, next add 20 ml of raspberry of juice, sexteen ( or more ) drops of tabasco.
- Drink all together. ( No hangover next day , never ).
Best wishes HUT.
FRAGS! More drinks, less wins.

[This message has been edited by HUT (edited March 20, 2002).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 20, 2002 09:29 AM            
LOL man!! Thanks chief! Grind'll vouch for the state I was in last Saturday on your firewaters!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 21, 2002 12:39 PM            
HAHAHA LMAO

aww dude...that saturday ..man o man , NI and his bud jamie got plastered on this 79.9% polish deal, they had about 2 drinks and they were gone...they put caremalised sugar in it or somthing which burned there throat to bits , but i was stiking with my b**r lol thank god.

so me and NI went on playing TM drunk
and kiked some booty
so then we retire to watch zombie fliks and stuff, then they both crash out...and as i turene roudn thry were both fast asleep , but then......his budy jamie..let out the most hugest grotesqe fart which like was huge man, blew my hair bak!, then he proceeded to barf all over the floor..so im like...uuhm...ahem...jamie?..heloo? lol

so he wakes up and ye they both go throw up in the toilet, was hilariouse , this is why i avoid spirits........and poland jk

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

KONG
posted March 21, 2002 08:24 PM            
spiritus?

IP:

HUT
posted March 22, 2002 05:29 AM            
Hi, Great humans !.
Kong, You have right.
After spiritus, next step is only "drink of napalm"
Best wishes. HUT

[This message has been edited by HUT (edited March 22, 2002).]

IP:

Rex R
posted March 22, 2002 02:21 PM            
and that would be a purple jesus (everclear(97.5%-195proof) and grape kool-aid) highly flammable

IP:

MexIndian
posted March 22, 2002 02:50 PM            
Highly reccommend a cucaracha.... I'll give the recipie out over email only.... don't need 10 year olds burning themselves or their houses, do we?

------------------
What are you doing wrong?
Why are you doing it wrong?
Why are you still doing it wrong?
------
<-=+ TEAM MEXEEETO +=->

IP:

wolfman
posted March 22, 2002 04:50 PM            
Good Vodka and Watermelon Gartorade. Believe it or not they are excellent. Almost healthy even lol

IP: