This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   LDA Important: Username Switch
Sage
posted March 15, 2002 02:10 AM            
I was online at about 1.a.m playing TM when a person with the username my huge (ryhmes with sock) logged on. I nicely asked him to change his name....... Of course after I fragged him he left. Anyway, I was wondering if LDA could make a thing that edits your name if it has any cursing in it. This could also be done on typing as well. Here's a coulple of idea's:

1st: The (BAD) word is switched with a more suitable word, such as: poop, monkey butt, goofy, crazy bonjo, just to name a few.
2nd: The bad word is simply deleted.
3rd: Charters are put in place of some of the letters: A**, F**ker, and so on.
4th: The user can't log on the server at all and a screen pops statng the user must change there username to a more suitable in order to login. Or the user is automatically kicked off the server if they use..... lets say........ four curse-no three curse words.
Of course the user can just log back in. BUT, if the user does this a certin number of times in a day or on a particular server, they won't be able to log on that server for 24 hours.

What do ya think?

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

guido 1
posted March 15, 2002 07:45 AM         
maybe the guy was refering to a large male chicken . to my knowledge cock has been used to identify male chickens , what next ask pilots to change the name of thr floght deck from cockpit to ????? . i don't see what you expect to be done about slang . whoever it was left so what's the big deal ??? you asked them to change it . they didn't but left the game so that seems to be the end of it . if you were really offended you could have logged off for awhile . sounds like a kook and they come out early in the morning . if we all start posting and bugging LDA over everything that offends , it's going to make for a lot of posts and wasted time . just blow it off . ooops did i say blow ??? bad guido . try to get over it sage , don't lose any sleep over it , i'm not going to .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 15, 2002 08:22 AM            
Uh right...

And if you believe that I believe I have a bridge to sell you...

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted March 15, 2002 12:45 PM            
I agree with sage we should not have COCK in this game but instead of SOCK i think it should be CACK. I also think we should not have BLOW but BLEW. I,ll try to think of more word,s that need cleansing

IP:

Irascible
posted March 15, 2002 02:12 PM            
A server based solution may or may not be feasible. But I want to get Sage's back on the idea of keeping it clean. The most obvious way to do so, as Sage did, is to speak up.

The other day their was someone with the name Harry (appendage). I mentioned it to him and Sailor got my back. I appreciate that.

I hope there will be more people willing to sacrafice a little popularity in up holding decency. Peer pressure can be a good thing.

IP:

MexIndian
posted March 15, 2002 03:33 PM            
What? Peer pressure? I SAID NO! NO DRUGS IN TM! ONLY IN RL! lol

No, it's true, and I like to keep it clean, but come on now..... how many kids are playing at 1:30 AM? Reality check in the hizzle my nizzles?

------------------
What are you doing wrong?
Why are you doing it wrong?
Why are you still doing it wrong?
------
<-=+ TEAM MEXEEETO +=->

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 15, 2002 03:53 PM            
Well...1:30 am for which timezone? GMT, PST, EST...??

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted March 15, 2002 04:48 PM            
Well i know i would be more than willing to sacrifice a little popularity

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted March 15, 2002 05:30 PM            
I agree with Ras. I was there at the time this "fellow* Harry N*****k was on and as Ras did mentioned that I did not care for his name and he should change it. He continued playing but hopefully got the point. I believe as Ras and Sage do that you need to let people know when you feel something is wrong.
Keep silent and go along and before long you have anarchy not fun.
Time is not a factor here. It can be daylight somewhere anytime and that may be when younger people are on (and we all know they are on at times).
So stand up for the correct thing and do not make excuses about time or others rights.
It is your rights to a decent place to play that are at stake and need to be defended. My .02 cents worth. Like them or not.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

guido 1
posted March 16, 2002 09:17 AM         
much ado about nothing ...... wow i actually do remember some shakespeare . this would be ludicrous if it weren't so much entertainment to read . just my 5 cents , does anyone have change for a nickel ???? it should only cost me 2 cents , and i want the same rates as sailor . LMAO .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

guido 1
posted March 16, 2002 09:31 AM         
BTW , i can't believe that sage has only posted once on this thread , maybe he has found another intrest ..... hope does spring eternal , who is IRA ????? maybe the irish republican army ???? i think we should petition the airline industry in the name of sage to call where the pilots fly aircraft to the sockpit ..... hehehehhee . lets really clean up the world ..... fun . and call male chickens henpecked .... hehehhe ( cough ) . do you guy's know that disney actually makes adult films too ??? porky pig never wore pants , what a perve .how do you explain dogs copulating to your kids ????? must be embarassing . yes junior you came from the punkin patch , and if their really ugly , the cabbage patch .... hehehehhee . junior if you use bad language ... i'm not gonna let you frag the little girl on the ramp again . is frag a 4 letter word . i think we should say .... disasemble your atoms .... hehehe . this has been a fun rant .

------------------

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted March 16, 2002 11:18 AM            
Qwack,s me up

IP:

guido 1
posted March 16, 2002 12:38 PM         
when i was sage's age at 1 am on a week night i was in bed . of course i realize i wasn't the genius he is at that age . gray matter the size of a jumbo sea sponge doth have it's privledges i guess . a sea sponge makes a good analogy .... as in soaking up knowledge .... hehehe . they found that the sea sponge is not good to eat , but it worked great when they spilled their grog . with the exception of the guy who , after taking a bite of the sea sponge , immediatly followed with a swig of grog , suffocated .... might say he had a swell time ..... hehehhehe . oh BTW we should petition ship builders to call that valve a sea sock , so as to be politically correct . i feel like a mushroom ... kept in the dark and fed bull sock ..... i think it loses somethin in the translation . man i'm havin a tough time with the new lingo .... hehehhehe . sorry for this sock and bull story . one good thing .... now i can boast that i have 2 socks , oh hell i mean a drawer full of socks , but i'll never be a sock sucker .... hehhehhee .

------------------

IP:

Irascible
posted March 16, 2002 03:34 PM            
Jeez Guido, your family must be deaf... cause you NEVER shut up. Your arguments, though sometimes entertaining, are simplistic and nonsensical. I'm going to pretend that you're actually attempting logical discourse and explain it as best I can:

Sex was created by God to be a sacred act reserved for the marriage bed. Even if you don't believe in God, the practicality of monogamy is undeniable. But it is in our sinful nature to desire to copulate like the dogs you mentioned. So in the effort to make that happen, the radical lefists and their many herds of unwitting short Italian (and otherwise) sheep do their best to reduce sex to the level of any other form of entertainment. Play checkers, have sex - it's all the same, right? It's only the prudes among us that stop you from your fun, right?

You are a fine wooly example of such thinking:
- "much ado about nothing" - So I suppose you wouldn't mind your 7 year old writing a story about... oh I don't know... his dog named Harry Cock? I'm sure the teacher would love it. Obviously there is still a lot of people that wish to treat sex and the relevant appendages with some respect.
- change the cabin name to sockpit - You're taking a literalist view in an attempt to make an absurd arguement. In which case your hair must be especially clean since the "rinse, lather, repeat" instructions never actually told you to stop.
- Disney makes adult films - Because Disney owns other movie studios that put out filth means we should do the same? That's the age old childish argument of "everyone else does it".

I could go on. But you are no doubt furrowing your brow in confusion - and I don't want to make it any worse for you. I hate seeing D.O.G.s in pain.

IP:

Sage
posted March 16, 2002 05:37 PM            
Guido, please DO NOT respond to any of my post from now on. I don't find your humor amusing at all-what's so ever.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what time it was of night because 1:30a.m EST is only 10:30 in Cali and other western states. And were talking about a game that is played world-wide.

IP:

guido 1
posted March 16, 2002 05:54 PM         
hehe , really got to ya huh ??? # 1 much ado about nothing is a quote from willie s. i feel humble that you thought i coined the phrase . alas poor ras ....( hey that rymes ), i swear your psychic . your perception that i was mouthing the words as i type is astounding , or are you using a text reader ???? i actually knew a guy named harry mount .... hehe . sounds dirty to ya huh ??? and when you take your 7 year old to a disney movie , your supporting the whole corporation , adult flicks included . have you had the urge to attend a book burning ???? i know your interpretation was well intended , but way off the mark . i just thought i'd have some fun , sage is ok , but he does whine alot . seems he has a lot of spiritual kinsman . i'll have to read the shampoo bottle , i alway's just wash it once , but at your suggestion i'll check it out . how long have you disliked itallians ???? no more lasagna for you . and i believe i'll cancell the ras clone project , way to dangerous . this post is copywrighted , but you may show it to the others in marriage counseling if you wish . and yes women do think about sex , they are very far from mary poppins in the real world . right now somewhere some sick hip hop music is bein played , that many kids listen to , and your worked up over this ??? things are a wee bit different outside of Rasville . on leave it to beaver mrs. cleaver said to the mr. " you were a little hard on the beaver last night Ward ". was that dirty ??? or is it the way people see things right or wrong . willie s. hit it on the head " much ado about nothing ".

------------------

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 16, 2002 06:21 PM         
I wonder why you haven't mentioned "Dick Tracy" yet, Guido... I pity you. That doesn't change anything about the fact that you're spoiling the fun for some of the players here - I hereby kindly ask you to either go away or show more respect to the people here.
I know perfectly well that spoiling the fun is your intention, but please can you go spoil someone else's? Go spoil Q3A or UT. Far more people to annoy, always loads of newbies to scare off. Well, how does that sound?

IP:

Irascible
posted March 16, 2002 06:42 PM            
Don't worry Guido. I did not think you coined the phrase. In fact, I would never accuse you of an original thought.

Also, I was in Italy last summer. I loved it and the Italians. It's short Italian sheep named Guido that I have trouble with. Bahhh...

And I noticed you failed to address even one substantive issue I brought up. Instead of addressing respect for sex, you go on about psychic perceptions. Instead of defending your idiotic literalist intepretations, you plan on checking the soap bottle. Instead of owning up to the fact that you're using the "everyone else does it" excuse (referring to the fact that so many in the mass media produce filth), you produce your own disgusting filth with that utterly reprobate innuendo concerning the TV classic. My interpretations of God's law and their relevance may not always be accurate. But you on the other hand don't even have a clue of what I speak.

So, to make things easier for you, I would suggest leaving philosophical debate to others. Just stick to things you know, or should learn:
-Fire bad, food good.
Oh, and this is REAL important:
-Toilet water may look appealing, but it's very very bad.

Fun.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 16, 2002).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 16, 2002 06:52 PM            
LMAO!

IP:

guido 1
posted March 16, 2002 07:18 PM         
me too ..... wow he does have charachter . off the map .

------------------

IP:

guido 1
posted March 16, 2002 07:23 PM         
it would be nice if dreamer would play occassionaly , but everquest can be very addicting to some . now if you will excuse me i must go and kick the dog .... hehehehe .

------------------

IP:

uck
posted March 16, 2002 11:48 PM            
I wish all you little goodie two shoes would quit your whining about the use of profanity, you really should just get over it because all the crying in the world is not gonna make it go away.

whine
v. whined, whin·ing, whines
v. intr.
To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.

IP:

Irascible
posted March 17, 2002 12:13 AM            
Predictable for someone with the screenname "uck". Do you even play this game? The only time I even see you is on this board is when you're defending vulgarity. Not surprising for someone with such profound words, if you recall, as these:

" I enjoy useing all the four letter words in my everyday speech and the majority of people that i converse with use them as well. "

The wisdom of Solomon cannot compare to such profundity. Though perhaps you would be more convincing if you displayed a few fine examples of your four letter repertoire.

"goodie two shoes"?
I don't think so. In fact, my first thought was "Go to hell you ignorant bastard!". But then again, I would never actually put that on this board. It wouldn't be civilized.

Fun.

IP:

Dudymas
posted March 17, 2002 12:25 AM            
Scuse me, but may I voice a point? I assume I could.

I know a lot of people must love playing games the way they want, but let's all try to conform to what should be done when you play a whacky game like TM. I know some like to play this game like Duke Nukem' which very much goes along with what the game originally looks like (I mean, cmon'! there's going to be people who will jump in and cuss because they had no idea at first that it would be something kids would play!). To the point here, filtering should be implemented as an option for the clients, not servers. This seems logical, because I don't think we're just speaking for children when we say no cuss words. I know some like to see this as black or white, but we need to think black AND white. Have the clients automatically by default filter that kind of content, and then if the user whishes to change it, they can. This seems to be better to me, because TM will still have those duke freaks along with the fellow family man who wants to imagine blowing up his boss who acts like a robot. I think this sounds fine, agreed? If so, end arguement! Let's not go off the subject here, or friendships could be broken because we are ALL different and that isn't going to change.

IP:

Dudymas
posted March 17, 2002 12:41 AM            
Hey now, eraser! I don't know if you read history, but ucky was a very good in my book when everyone still played 1.0.... I can still remember Sheldon's server, and the many times I asked ucky to not play on Sheldon's team with cell, because they were the only other excellent regular players on that server I can remember.... and boy, they were MEAN! But, I'm not going to blame you for not knowing, but shan't we all ask ucky to play more again? UCKY! WHERE ART THOU!?!?!?!??! Did you not procure version 1.5 of that hallowed game, so dubbed as Tread Marks?

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2