|
Author Topic:   patch/update file
crazyrodent
posted March 14, 2002 02:55 PM            
when i attempted to update from 1.01 to 1.6 i got the usual error messages, i tried the different config, that didnt work. when i got the tm.exe unknown version error i renamed it and the install worked. well i changed it back to the right name and it loads up but it says 1.01 full in the menu and during the install it lists all the stuff it does and it doesnt do anything to the exe. i thought someone said something about 1.59 updates or changes the exe's. can someone with 1.59 or 1.6 send me their tm.exe, cuz i cant get the ctf or tutorial features to work otherwise. anyone else get the updates to work starting with 1.01.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted March 14, 2002 03:16 PM            
I've kept a set of TM 1.6 files available on our ftp site:

ftp://treadmarks:tm1600@206.222.78.138

Unzip the files (zip password is tm16) and use them to upgrade any version to 1.6. Basically this zip contains all of the files for 1.6 but requires a TM CD (any version) for copy protection.

Jim

IP:

crazyrodent
posted March 14, 2002 06:18 PM            
your ftp site is either way slow or it doesnt work at all. i tried with a browser and with an ftp program and there's nothing there. and i keep getting reset. why cant u put it on a regular site? all i really want is the exe file to see if it works. anyone wanna send it over icq or something. this is such a pain in the @ss
are there programs out there that let you open up the update exe file so i could get the files that way.

[This message has been edited by crazyrodent (edited March 14, 2002).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 14, 2002 10:40 PM            
The upgrade includes a great deal more then the .exe file and will not function without a number of other files.

IP:

crazyrodent
posted March 15, 2002 12:46 AM            
i have the update to 1.6, ive installed it, the game loads but its not 1.6

IP:

DanDareX
posted March 15, 2002 11:49 AM            
Hi there!
I've got the german version of TM and the same problems. I've mailed to LDA and Jim (forgot the family name:-) awnsered that he will check this problem next weekend ....well, thats 3 weeks ago...
So i would like to get the missing files too.
But the FTP didn't work.....
Is there someone who wants to send this files via ICQ....??

HELP PLEASE....

IP: