|
Author Topic:   Blender is gone...
A2597
posted March 14, 2002 02:45 PM            
NAN, makers of Blender, are shutting down. Their entire site is gone.

I'vehunted down all but the Mac version of blender, and am going to host them on my site.

This stinks

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

Vlad
posted March 14, 2002 03:31 PM            
!!! I could never figure Blender out myself, but I knew that if I ever did want to get into model making, that's what I'd be using...

I'm sure we'll be seeing unofficial pages pop up eventually, though.

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 14, 2002 03:44 PM         
woah! that's bad news.

IP:

MexIndian
posted March 14, 2002 04:20 PM            
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

That REALLY sucks.

------------------
What are you doing wrong?
Why are you doing it wrong?
Why are you still doing it wrong?
------
<-=+ TEAM MEXEEETO +=->

IP:

peeeto
posted March 14, 2002 04:33 PM         
hey A25... did you get the latest browser plugin? i intended to d/l that, but never got around to it...

IP:

A2597
posted March 14, 2002 08:22 PM            
Nope, I use IE, so I never needed to DL anything...

I know I'll be mirroring all versions of blender at b5-blender.com
*Including the ipaq)

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

Dudymas
posted March 14, 2002 11:13 PM            
HOLY !^*_!#$^)*!#$^)*!#^+!)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
How? WHA? nonononononononononono!
I LOOOOOOOOVE blender, at least someone get the source!!!!!!

I'm going to have a little burial then, let's make the biggest poster possible of the logo and bury it in a graveyard..... *shakes fist* I'll get the guy who ever could have done this!!!!!!
*gets in tank and searches for something to blow up*

IP:

Enigma
posted March 15, 2002 05:52 PM         
LOL...Sorry to hear about that. I had heard that it was pretty good, but never got the chance to try it.

However, for those of you interested in modeling, I've heard that Maya is..free to download. =) I think it's missing a couple of features, but the main thing is there. Though, to be honest, it takes a while to download.

Oh, and hello all. I plan to be obliterated by you all in a short while here. Please don't mind my entrails being splattered all over your tanks..It's nothing new.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 15, 2002 06:13 PM            
Welcome Enigma! Hope to see you on the servers soon.

Oh...I downloaded the latest version of Blender v2.23 for Windows about a day before they shut the site down. Let me know if you need it.

IP:

A2597
posted March 15, 2002 06:30 PM            
Enigma:
Yea, Maya light is free to download. but it's unusable. they place HUGE watermarks on all the windows as well as on the renders.

BZP;
Thanks mate, but I have ALL versions (Windows, lunix, ipaq, freebsd, etc) with the exception of the Mac version.
if you have the mac version....let me know.

I also have some mirrors up at www.b5-blener.com

(Lunix, Windows, Freebsd, and one other are all thats up so far)

------------------

IP:

Enigma
posted March 15, 2002 08:03 PM         
Grrrrhhh...That lags. Somehow I KNEW there would be a catch somewhere. I figured it'd be in a bran spanking new version of Maya that you could upgrade to for a price..Didn't figure they'd go with the old watermark trick.

How did Blender compare with some other mainstream modelers? Lightwave, 3DSM, Truespace, etc?

Oh, and thanks for the welcome. Just got finished installing my new Hard Drive, so I'm still loading things up.. (dare I mention how fun it is to re-install ten gigs of software and files?)

But I should be on soon to die..and die...and die.. But hey, that's life, right?

IP:

A2597
posted March 15, 2002 09:08 PM            
I'd hardly call the watemarks "the old watermark trick"

these watermarks are outragious!

------------------

IP:

Enigma
posted March 15, 2002 09:27 PM         
Ummm..I see your point. That's one of the worst I've seen..In fact, it's hard to match. But I guess it's better than having a solid image plastered in the center of what you make so that you have your view obstructed by something.

Anyway, that's still rotten. Imagine, Maya for free..lol

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 16, 2002 04:13 PM         
A2597-> If you want me to, I can host (or mirror) one or two versions at www.treadmarks.de - we've got a pretty fast and reliable host and probably enough space.

IP:

Andrew
posted March 16, 2002 04:47 PM         
Hi Guys.

Would'nt AMAPI 3D be any use for TM mods?.

IP:

A2597
posted March 16, 2002 08:35 PM            
Hehehe.
I gots mirrors of the Win, Lunix, and FreeBSD versions up at b5-blender.com now

also, the cummunity has moved to http://www.elysiun.com/

in the forums you can find that MANY people have decided to mirror it. LOL

------------------

IP: