|
Author Topic:   Computer question.
MikeDalmatian
posted March 13, 2002 11:35 PM            
Could any of you imagine what Tread Marks would be like on a dual processor AMD computer which has two 2000 MHZ AMD processors and 2072MBs of DDR memory with a GeForce 4 Ti440?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 14, 2002 12:58 AM            
That would sound like a sweet machine but I don't think Tread Marks will take advantage of multiple processors.

As far as the video card goes..I guess you meant the 4400 and not the 440 (which is the MX series...). That would be a sweet deal as well...although I'm not sure that the current version of TM would make any use of the extra capabilities of the card. If someone is giving the gear for free...hey...it would be a sweet deal for sure!!

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 14, 2002 01:53 AM            
I'll say. The Planetary Mass Driver (not released by A2597) when getting super ammos and dropping 50 of them won't lag up gameplay to 0.5 FPS for over 10 minutes!

Of course...anyone who drops 50 weapons that launch shockwave projectiles is just insane anyway...LOL

IP:

guido 1
posted March 14, 2002 07:38 AM         
dual processors are great for multi-tasking projects , but of little if any increase for a gamer . maybe if you were playin tread marks , and running ms office xp it would be great . i have enough problems doing one thing at a time let alone 2 or more LOL .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 14, 2002 09:04 AM            
True Guido, not many applications are SMP optimized and not any games that I know of.

SMP is Symmetric Multi-Processing. But applications like AutoCAD, Photoshop and 3D Studio MAX are. And to even get the benifit of dual processors for multi-tasking, you need an SMP compatible OS, true 32 bit environment like NT/2000.

IP:

MexIndian
posted March 14, 2002 09:33 AM            
Hey, I'm looking to buy a new computer. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg here, but do want something with a little bit of a kick to it (I do play TM ). Also, I handle fairly graphics-intensive programs like ACAD or 3D-studio max.
What do you guys suggest?

------------------
What are you doing wrong?
Why are you doing it wrong?
Why are you still doing it wrong?
------
<-=+ TEAM MEXEEETO +=->

IP:

MikeDalmatian
posted March 14, 2002 12:59 PM            
I recomend you go to GateWay and have them build an AMD powered computer and buy the best and newest GeForce 4 they make and jam it in there.

IP:

MikeDalmatian
posted March 14, 2002 01:09 PM            
GeForce4 Ti 4600 Vertices per Second:
Fill Rate:
Operations per Second:
Memory Bandwidth:
Maximum Memory:

GeForce4 Ti 4400 Vertices per Second:
Fill Rate:
Operations per Second:
Memory Bandwidth:
Maximum Memory:

136 Million
4.8 Billion AA Samples/Sec.
1.23 Trillion
10.4GB/Sec.
128MB

125 Million
4.4 Billion AA Samples/Sec.
1.12 Trillion
8.8GB/Sec.
128MB

IP:

MexIndian
posted March 14, 2002 04:14 PM            
How much $$ is that card?

------------------
What are you doing wrong?
Why are you doing it wrong?
Why are you still doing it wrong?
------
<-=+ TEAM MEXEEETO +=->

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 14, 2002 04:14 PM            
I recommend checking out how to build computers and do it yourself for a fraction of what it would cost off the shelf.
My Geforce 3 can handle anything I throw at it and the price should be really low by now.No point in buying their latest since its too powerfull and nothing really takes advantage of them yet.

IP:

MikeDalmatian
posted March 14, 2002 10:44 PM            
I am building a computer. I built this one and it's a pentium three system. I'm changing the motherboard to a Gigabyte 7VTXE+ motherboard and I'm going to place a two gig AMD processor in as well as three 512MB DDR memory modules. I already have a graphic card called the GeForce 2 Ti Pro-VT with 64BM DDR ram. This is basicly going to be one heck of a PC once I'm finished. One question though, is my graphic card considered awsome?

IP:

MikeDalmatian
posted March 14, 2002 10:48 PM            

GeForce2 Ti Memory Interface:
Pixels per Second:
Memory Bandwidth:
Triangles per Second:

GeForce2 Pro Memory Interface:
Pixels per Second:
Memory Bandwidth:
Triangles per Second:

GeForce2 GTS Memory Interface: