This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   LDA>Can you change LDA server maps?
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 12, 2002 01:49 AM            
Some of the maps in rotation are bad and/or not the most popular.Can you add ALL maps BUT these:

Woodland
Simian Isle
The Rack
River(maybe)
Tank Luge
The Moon
Armegeddon
Pug Mill
Camel Backs
Spikey
High Plateau
Ribs

Most of these I know people don't want to play on while the others are my opinion.Maybe you can let this thread stay up for a day so people can request to add or take away from the list.All of the ones not on this list are fine with me.
Thanks

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited March 14, 2002).]

IP:

Sage
posted March 12, 2002 01:54 AM            
I objected!!!!!! Ice World is awesome. you just need to pratice there Please keep Ice World. and all so the River.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 12, 2002 03:04 AM            
Thats why everybody moans and groans when it comes up I like the Moon map but I'm not going to ask LDA to put it in since a lot of people don't.Have to think of everybody since this is the server that gets the most traffic by far.The River was iffy and I almost didn't put it on the list but I rememner lots of complainers.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 12, 2002 03:08 AM            
Oh...and I guess Sage made a good point in the other thread about team damage.Does it really have team damage?So I guess if you can remove team damge and put up the maps we select here...we won't have to bother you anymore

IP:

Irascible
posted March 12, 2002 03:12 AM            
-

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 15, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 12, 2002 04:07 AM            
Must admit i cant do diddly squat on any iced map so i just come back later.... moon is reasonably playable though.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 12, 2002 04:14 AM            
lol, I remember us arguing for LDA to put team damage on not to long ago. The concensus being we liked team fragg our AI comrades?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 12, 2002 04:45 AM            
Please keep the spam to a minimal so Jim or Tom dosen't have to weed the info out of 30 posts.
There still is a ice map on the good list...Glacier.The problem with Ice World is all of the hills and bumps that throw you upside down and downside up...really frustrating.I don't think you should have to battle the map.

IP:

Karldar
posted March 12, 2002 09:04 AM            
Hmm...well, I think that Tank Luge is the only one that needs to be left out of rotation. Seems much more suited to racing.

However, as Sage pointed out, Ice World requires mucho practice and strategy. It adds a whole new element to gameplay tryin' to frag a player with most of the weapons-even the guided ones miss more often than they hit cuz everyone's slidin' sideways and stuff.

As far as the rest of the maps on the list go, I don't see what the big deal is. All but the luge map are much more tolerable to me than the psychedelic maps. I think any maps that require tactics other that just straight out fraggin' are a great thing.

Take Armageddon fer instance-players have to concentrate on staying alive long enough to TRY and frag other players. Sure, it's frustrating sometimes, but everyone needs nuke-dodging skillz . Also, the Moon requires some tightly controlled tank handling to get anywhere while staying on the ground(unless you just wanna fly, which is always fun ), but actually hitting targets is much easier. I love those midair shots from 500m away hehe.

It just takes some stragety, as Bugs Bunny would say...

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 12, 2002 01:19 PM            
All the ice maps are needed except Luge! You can't play with these new non-slip tanks that came out in 1.5! You need the ice maps to take you back to 1.0!

PS - take out all the ones that have the terrain set to have an oscillating overlay or kill that oscillation on the server's maps

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 12, 2002 01:44 PM            
If anything's going to be done about this then I may as well put my 2p's worth in!

Ice World is actually ok and the only 2 I'd really really object to are the luge and armageddon (the nuke spewer) cos it lags horribly! If, in a perfect world everyone had perfect computers it might be ok but it's not fit for a substitute DDM.

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 12, 2002 02:57 PM            
Let me list the ones I don't like first:

(named by file name, not map name...)
DM12
DM11
DM6
DM7
DM8
JimR2
JimCTF2
JimCTF3
(basically all above the ones have DetailRotSpeed make me seasick - love the maps, they just don't agree with me )

JimIce2 (aka Luge - this map doesn't work DM style)

----------------------------

Basically my favorites are:

DMIce
JimIce
JimCTF4
JimCTF5
DMCaldera
JimT2
Jim10 (aka Not The Goat)

IP:

Sage
posted March 12, 2002 03:26 PM            
Lets have Glacier instead of Ice World.

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 12, 2002 04:01 PM            
Well...the major complainers are the regulars that play on LDA almost everynight like me.Maps like Ice World and Armegeddon are ok every once in a while BUT! when you have to play them everyday it gets old really fast.I say just stick in the good DM maps and try to please everybody.You can't go wrong with the maps that aren't on my list and there is enough variety left on the good list to make everybody happy.Take out the maps that are ANNOYING to some and put in the GOOD maps that everybody likes.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 14, 2002 04:18 PM            
LDA...I think it is settled now.You can keep Ice World but can you add the rest of the maps that AREN"T on the list above so we have more variety.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 15, 2002 03:56 AM            
Bump

IP:

Irascible
posted March 15, 2002 01:08 PM            
(preface: I'm not especially concerned and am very happy that LDA is providing the server. I'm just making mention in passing.)

Could the Mite be removed as an AI tank? It's such a cheap frag. I know that there have been rounds that I've won only because I happen to come up against the Mite more than the other players.

IP:

Karldar
posted March 15, 2002 08:07 PM            
*raises hand frantically* Oooo, oooo, Mr. Kot-ter...I second that emotion ...as far as removing the mite goes anyhoo.

IOW, I HATE mites, but not cuz they're easy frags(which they are), but they annoy the living $&^%&^#$^&%&^% out of me-hehe.

IP:

Irascible
posted March 15, 2002 08:47 PM            
Careful Karldar, you're showing your age.
I was only three at the time myself...
http://www.rollanet.org/~khigh/kotter.html

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 15, 2002).]

IP:

guido 1
posted March 16, 2002 09:36 AM         
Kong can you make a map for sage ???? and call it camp town ???? do da do da . may be 5 miles long ???? oh de do da day ..... hehehhe .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

posted March 22, 2002 12:31 AM            
I don't know why you guys have so many problems with Ice World. I find it quite easy. You just have to use your BRAKES! (And alot of pratice!)

IP:

TurdHeart
posted March 22, 2002 01:21 PM            
Yep - I've always liked Ice World too. I despised The Moon at first, now I think it's one of the funniest, since I learned I could ding somebody from a million miles away! I imagine The Moon would be pretty odd for a DDM.

Caldera is #1!!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 31, 2002 06:51 PM            
A little revival of this topic since I think Paranor is trying now.The bad list I made was from what I hear people say when the map comes up whatever server,not just my opinion although I do agree I wouldn't lke to play on those maps I listed everyday..Better to stick with maps most everyone likes rather than stick in maps that only a few like.

And before people start coming on and complaining about how they love this map or that,that map prob isn't on LDA now and you didn't ask LDA to put it on the server so don't use this thread as a means to get your favortie map on.You can take it upon yourself to start your own thread and ask if thats what everyone wants.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited July 31, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted August 01, 2002 04:46 PM            
LDA wants me to send them what maps to have. I have to make it simple for him, they are extremely busy. That would include

DediMap1 = blah
DediMap2 = blah

etc. so he can cut & paste and restart the server.

SO....what shall we have? Just all of them minues luge and Armageddon?

IP:

A2597
posted August 01, 2002 06:36 PM            
Keep ice world! I love that map. fragging is SO easy on it with the 220. I rarely ever miss with it. (I guess on those flight sims came in handy after all, ala, LEADING a target. )

Tank Luge, frag it
the moon, hmmm...though one. very tough. ahhh...keep it. seeking weapons delight. (I've noticed my Mirvs of Steel are absolutly DANGEROUS on that map, you get more frags with that then a nuke reload! LMAO)

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2