|
Author Topic:   interesting ai's
=DNX= Matrix
posted March 11, 2002 01:56 AM            
This is spooky... in a game this morning i unloaded 3 mass rounds into the face of an ai ! he took it with no hastle then managed to drill my ass from a fair distance !

any ideas ?

IP:

Rex R
posted March 11, 2002 02:19 AM            
mayhap it was 301m away?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 11, 2002 11:16 AM            
no i was right at the side of it while it was attacking another ai.

IP:

Vlad
posted March 11, 2002 12:45 PM            
I think the AIs get a bit of leeway as far as physics are concerned. It's most noticable with the Mass Driver, but it applies to pretty much everything. When you nail an AI with the mass driver, it can get thrown, but an ai will hardly ever get tossed as badly as a human player does. What you saw was probably just an extension of that.

As far as damage goes, you can take 3 mass driver hits to the front armor without dying.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 11, 2002 12:51 PM            
i knew about the 3 or 4 hits dependant on armour, was just bemused as to why it didnt boot the ai halfway to new mexico - but thx for the explanation

IP:

Karldar
posted March 11, 2002 06:22 PM            
Yeah, I hate that. Many a time, I've nailed an AI in the side with the mass and it's turned and ramdrilled the hell out of me LOL.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 12, 2002 01:25 AM            
well I've noticed this before if you're too close to another tank, damage and kick are not figured right(mostly tank gun). guess we will have to call this a feature of the game. backing off about 3-5 meters is usually enough to get things working again

IP:

Karldar
posted March 12, 2002 09:06 AM            
Ahhh so.

*bows to Rex*

IP: