This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   I'm looking for a few bad modders
Vlad
posted March 08, 2002 04:37 PM            
And by "bad", I don't mean "good", I mean BAD.

I'm currently working on a modding tutorial for the BWL site, and have about 2 sections done so far, but I'd like to get some preliminary input. I'm looking for a small handful of people (around 2-3) who know absolutely nothing about editing the .ent files, and preferably have wanted to learn. The tutorial is going to be for someone who's got no clue what they're doing, and I'm looking to get some feedback from people who would be using these to learn what they're doing.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 08, 2002 06:39 PM            
Sounds rather interesting... How bad do I have to be? I've been snooping around the various ents and have come up with some interesting finds. But I'm sure all the other modders have found them out, too.

What do I have to do?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 08, 2002 08:37 PM            
You got my attention vlad ole buddy, i know absolutely fek all about ents unless im copying and modifying existing ones, and even then with lots of help from entegrity and jvortex's mind

I still want to know what the "timewarp" command does lol... i have an idea with some of them but ive not touched an ent file since oct last year - mainly cos my brain burned up on the bz mod with things i wanted to do, weapons i wanted to make etc.... been workin on the maps and audio since then and so far ive not had the "wanting" to return and finish the job...

IP:

ARAGON
posted March 08, 2002 10:26 PM            
Vlad, I am your man. If you want references, just ask Paranor!

------------------
Ain't nothin' but a TM thang baby, three-low-down brothers goin' fraggin....
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G. -Aragon.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted March 08, 2002 10:51 PM            
Hey, I am totaly clueless.

What was this thread about?

------------------
"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

guido 1
posted March 08, 2002 11:12 PM         
can a fodder be a modder ???? or are fodders different from modders ????? that's whats wrong with our country , fodders and modders don't stay together . hehe .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted March 09, 2002 01:09 AM            
Guido - this is one Vlad does not need your humor in. He is trying to get some serious work done here and although your humor is sometimes interesting it has its place and this time this is not it. Choose your time and location more carefully please. Hopefully Vlad has what he needs, in this case no thanks to you.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 09, 2002 02:52 AM            
The only thing I have done is center the Ramdrill...clueless

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 09, 2002 02:04 PM            
*Knows a little, like how to change stuff with Notepad* But thast it =) (would love to help anyway he can)

*awaits orders from sir Vlad*

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 09, 2002 02:45 PM            
So who gets it

IP:

MexIndian
posted March 09, 2002 03:34 PM            
I have NEVER modified a single ENT file, but also have zillions of ideas of things I want to do.... I am also extremely short on time tho, so here's my punchline: I am probably the least knowledgeable one in modifying ent's, but I can't afford the time to fiddle too much if I'm spinning my wheels. If your tutorial is good, I will dedicate time to it for sure, but if it's not captivating, then I'll go (and I'll tell you why I didn't like it).

btw - Hey Sailor, in general I like what you say, but in this case, DON'T SWEAT IT, MAN! It won't detract from this post if someone throws in random/non-related ideas... people just ignore them, you know?
Plus you've got to admit... it was pretty good...modders.....JEEEEEEEEZ

Soooo whatup, Vlad?

------------------
What are you doing wrong?
Why are you doing it wrong?
Why are you still doing it wrong?
------
<-=+ TEAM MEXEEETO +=->

IP:

wolfman
posted March 09, 2002 07:09 PM            
Would be happy to participate. Have only modified existing weapons-i.e. tweaked range, speed, rounds, damage etc. Afraid to do more and screw things up lol. Let me/all of us know what you need. JT

IP:

Vlad
posted March 09, 2002 10:17 PM            
Well, I should have it ready to send to people by tomorrow morning.

What it is is a tutorial for someone who has no clue what they're doing. What I've got so far is an introduction to ent files (file structure, how tm uses them, etc), and a section that walks you through how to do some basic editing on a weapon ent (changing reload rate, texture, number of bullets fired, name, etc), so it's VERY basic. I just need a few people who haven't got the faintest idea of what they're doing, and then they can tell me if I'm being clear or not.

Aragorn, Superunknown, and MexIndian, keep an eye on your email.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 09, 2002 11:15 PM            
I assume this means I'm too good

IP:

Vlad
posted March 10, 2002 12:16 AM            
Yup .

I'm writing this for the people who are just starting, or know absolutely nothing. It's really a "modding for dummies" style thing, so anybody who already has a good base in ent work will be kinda bored with it.

Besides, it'll be up publicly very soon. I just need to make sure that my writing style is clear to a newbie modder.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 10, 2002 11:32 AM            
Vlad - if you need any reference info...I am on ICQ usually again...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 10, 2002 01:35 PM            
And you can guarentee that DMF will have it available when u pass me the url or files for me to post up.

Are there any .Ent's that we dont know what it does or have we found them all ? i know the EEK file i have is missing quite a few.

I also think a thread or document with the answers to specific questions asked by wouldbe modders and answered by the tm brainbox's out there would be a good idea. Taking that one step further what about like html pages where you can cut and paste sections of code to produce a particular effect, almost a modders toolkit at the next level if you will...

What i do know is that all current ent (and i think a few more) will be out in tm2 so its worth setting this up well beforehand

thoughts ?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 10, 2002 03:36 PM            
Yes I have a thought...I want a list of all ent parameters! After Vlad's tutorial I'm ready for a total conversion If I had known it was that easy........

IP:

Vlad
posted March 10, 2002 04:25 PM            
Glad you like it, Supe. Still haven't heard back from Aragorn and Mexindian, but if their response is anywhere near as favorable as yours, then I should be able to get this stuff out the door fairly quickly.

And what you've done so far is pretty much what making TM mods is all about, but a few of the classes get a little more complicated.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 10, 2002 04:38 PM            
SuperUnknown... /forums/archive/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000316.html

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 10, 2002 06:08 PM            
super: a list of all the ent parameters is called the "Entity Entry Key" and can be found at my website, or at least the links to it, check under Information.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

ARAGON
posted March 10, 2002 09:45 PM            
Vlad, I just checked my email and I haven't received anything yet. FYI..........

------------------
Family. Redefined.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 10, 2002 09:54 PM            
Got it...thats a lot of stuff

IP:

Vlad
posted March 11, 2002 06:50 AM            
keithreischl@yahoo.com, right?

I'll send it again.

IP:

ARAGON
posted March 12, 2002 08:48 PM            
I just went over your docs. Very nice. I know have several questions, but I assume I should wait for the continuation?

------------------
Family. Redefined.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2